My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any eventual Congressional (or criminal) examination of public officials is likely to reveal far more than the prosecution of Trump's sedition mob

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

CROFL

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pride

Last edited by ChumpDumper; 01-26-2021 at 08:35 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    'Radicalized' California man arrested for text threats on day of Capitol riot

A California man sent threatening text messages to the families of a New York congressman and a journalist on the same day pro-Donald Trump rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol, federal authorities said Tuesday.

Robert Lemke, 35, was arrested in California on Tuesday on a charge of making threatening interstate communications, according to the Justice Department. He sent messages to family members of the congressman and to a relative of the journalist saying that armed people were near their homes, according to a criminal complaint.

To the congressman’s brother, Lemke sent, “Your brother is putting your entire family at risk with his lies and other words. We are armed and nearby your house. You had better have a word with him. We are not far from his either. Already spoke to (the congressman’s son) and know where his kids are.”

Shortly after the 2020 election, Lemke posted to his Facebook page, “Folks. Be ready for war. Trump has refused to cede,” according to the complaint. Echoing baseless claims of voter fraud, he said, “Supreme Court cases will be successful.”

“Stop telling lies; Biden did not win, he will not be president,” Lemke texted the congressman’s brother on Jan. 6. “We are not white supremacists. Most of us are active/retired law enforcement or military. You are putting your family at risk. We have armed members near your home. … Don’t risk their safety with your words and lies.”

The New York Times and NBC News identified the congressman as Democratic Rep. Hakeem Jeffries. He is not identified in the criminal complaint.

"He was radicalized by 'the big lie' that Donald Trump told and that has been supported by so many Republicans in the House and the Senate," Jeffries told MSNBC.

Lemke's texts also included a picture of a home in the same neighborhood as Jeffries’ brother’s house, according to the complaint. He also sent texts to Jeffries’ sister-in-law, according to federal officials.

The criminal complaint also doesn’t identify the journalist, but the New York Times, citing a person briefed on the investigation, identified ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ke/4271175001/

Thread Information