My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/tr...US_MINUS&dir=1

Should the Spurs be starting the bench?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are better than other teams benches, but not against starting lineups I guess?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They showed a statistic that the Spurs worst quarters (by far) are the 1st and 3rd quarters. That doesn't seem like a coincidence considering the starting lineup usually spends most of that time putting the team in a hole.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They showed a statistic that the Spurs worst quarters (by far) are the 1st and 3rd quarters. That doesn't seem like a coincidence considering the starting lineup usually spends most of that time putting the team in a hole.
    Pretty much. Patty has had a great season by his standards and his outside shooting has made a big difference for the team, so I wonder if his presence combined with better defenders in Jak and Devin is the way to explain that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting, but not too surprising.
    The Spurs bench is cohesive, has great chemistry and makes sense in basketball terms. They are clicking more often than not.

The SL is still such a poorly constructed lineup for competing with the rest of the league.
    DW's return will be very pivotal in determining if they get better or worse.

Utah has 3 lineups listed, this may be a big year for the Jazz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We just have too many poor defenders in the SL.
    LMA, DDR, and Lonnie have all struggled to defend this year.
    Every team seems to get off to a hot start against our SL.
    Teams seem to particularly love targeting LMA early in the game with PNR switches.
    He is a turnstile on the perimeter.
    I'd rather see us trap the PNR anytime he is involved than to see him switch and get toasted.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Not surprising. Spurs SL sucks, the game always starts with Pop trying to force feed LMA jumpers and DDR trying to get others involved. Since KJ has fallen back to earth and Lonnie is passive AF, coupled with the poor spacing, it's not surprising the SL is in a 10 point hole 5 mins into the game pretty consistently. really tired of watching the 1st quarter offense spamming 20 second possessions to get a LMA jumper

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this game proves that once again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty should be traded
    He is too short

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you do realize we are playing a 9-man rotation right? That means one of the starters is always out there with the bench. Besides that our bench is one of the best in the league, while our starting line up ain't. So that's not much of a surprise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. It’s also why I want White to start sooner than later when he returns. He’s a far better two way player than Lonnie, and might help keep the SL out of these holes. Lonnie would then be freed from DeMars ball dominance, and to wreak havoc on second units.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem is you have too many ball handlers in the SL by starting White

Well, DJ doesnt really handle the ball in the 1Q if anyone's been watching. Those duties have gone to DeMar.

Another fix to this would be to make one of those three (DeMar, White, Murray) go to the bench early and just stagger each one's minutes.

But like I've been saying since the bubble, White has been less of a point guard and has started to play more of an off guard role.

So maybe everything will be fine.

Can't wait to see White come back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No such thing as too many ball handlers. I remember seeing footage of a practice during the Beautiful Game era, and Pop was shouting ‘everyone is a PG’. Only DeMar needs the ball to be effective. Dejounte can effectively spot up, and so can White. If you run at them, they can create off the dribble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. It’s also why I want White to start sooner than later when he returns. He’s a far better two way player than Lonnie, and might help keep the SL out of these holes. Lonnie would then be freed from DeMars ball dominance, and to wreak havoc on second units.
    this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not opposed to Devin starting in place of Lonnie tbh. I think both Walker and Poetl would benefit from having Derrick in the bench unit with them instead of chuckers like Patty and Rudy.

Thread Information