Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessary "more important", but "more urgent". Obviously ending a pandemic is important but from a long term standpoint the national debt is by far the worse problem.

Biden needs to take a page of out Clinton's playbook (the president, not the coattail riding ). Jack up corporate taxes because trickle down is BS. Eliminate BS tax breaks for large corporations. Along with that, install a salary cap for individuals in executives of a corporation (maybe $1 Million per year salary) because the salaries of CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, e.g. in the top 1% is downright ridiculous.

Reduce or eliminate US military involvement in the Middle East. Re-negotiate defense contract deals. We need sequestration, not more stimulus. These stimuli have gotten out of hand and we will face major inflation if something is not done soon to curb that. Both raising taxes on the high-wealth and corporations AND slashing government spending should be priority. The current national debt is at $28 Trillion and rising with each stimulus "package". The USA has not seen a budget surplus year since the Clinton administration.

The 1990s were the richest time in America before s*** started hitting the fan. We need contractionary policy ASAP to return to that and with the goal of reducing the national debt to zero by Jan. 1, 2025.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's time to focus on fiscal responsibility again

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    If it wasn’t urgent when Trump was president, it’s not urgent now. Sorry, but the GOP crocodile tears over fiscal responsibility ain’t gonna work this time around.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have voted for Gore instead of Bush if you cared about the national debt that much. Hope you enjoyed your expensive, useless wars - brought to you by team Republican.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a joke right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it wasn’t urgent when Trump was president, it’s not urgent now. Sorry, but the GOP crocodile tears over fiscal responsibility ain’t gonna work this time around.
    Nope. GOP was willing to borrow any amount to stay in power, as long as the ultra-rich benefitted most.

Kind of hard to do a 180 when it comes time to help regular people. Not that they aren't trying. It's cute.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility only when Democrats are in power.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility only when Democrats are in power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have used blue font. They didn't get it

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Expect a Simpson-Bowles Commission 2.0

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    My post was addressing the OP. Snake boys trolling doesn’t work on me anymore

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fully agree, time to bring back the 70% top tax bracket.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    literally no one even quoted him

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I made tons of threads ing about Trump's keynesian fiscal policy as well. I tried to fight against the Trump Tax bill in 17-18. I'm not a "GOP Crocodile", tbh. I voted for Romney in 12 and sat out the last 2 elections.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I made tons of threads ing about Trump's keynesian fiscal policy as well. I tried to fight against the Trump Tax bill in 17-18. I'm not a "GOP Crocodile", tbh. I voted for Romney in 12 and sat out the last 2 elections.
    Show me one thread you made pre-2020 that was critical of the Trump 2017 tax scam.

Mitt Romney, the guy who was going to reduce the deficit by cutting taxes for the rich. Mitt Romney’s entire campaign was built around bootstrap capitalism and trickle down economics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Snake boys trolling doesn’t work on me anymore

I'll always have RandomGuy tho

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'll always have RandomGuy tho
    Bend over, you can have another random guy if you want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not necessary "more important", but "more urgent". Obviously ending a pandemic is important but from a long term standpoint the national debt is by far the worse problem.

Biden needs to take a page of out Clinton's playbook (the president, not the coattail riding ). Jack up corporate taxes because trickle down is BS. Eliminate BS tax breaks for large corporations. Along with that, install a salary cap for individuals in executives of a corporation (maybe $1 Million per year salary) because the salaries of CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, e.g. in the top 1% is downright ridiculous.

Reduce or eliminate US military involvement in the Middle East. Re-negotiate defense contract deals. We need sequestration, not more stimulus. These stimuli have gotten out of hand and we will face major inflation if something is not done soon to curb that. Both raising taxes on the high-wealth and corporations AND slashing government spending should be priority. The current national debt is at $28 Trillion and rising with each stimulus "package". The USA has not seen a budget surplus year since the Clinton administration.

The 1990s were the richest time in America before s*** started hitting the fan. We need contractionary policy ASAP to return to that and with the goal of reducing the national debt to zero by Jan. 1, 2025.
    No, and you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm all for cutting superfluous spending, but in the current state of the economy, it's ridiculous to pretend a balanced budget. It's actually suicide.

The 90s were the richest largely thanks to a market bubble called the dotcom bubble, has nothing to do with balanced budgets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highest percentage of the budget goes to defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Send me lots and lots of money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No ?

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me one thread you made pre-2020 that was critical of the Trump 2017 tax scam.

Mitt Romney, the guy who was going to reduce the deficit by cutting taxes for the rich. Mitt Romney’s entire campaign was built around bootstrap capitalism and trickle down economics.
    Not sure exactly where, but it's there somewhere. Meanwhile, I do have this nugget from that time frame:

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273250

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Re-negotiate the defense contracts and cut veterans pay. I vote for Sequestration across the board like what we saw in January 2013 from Obama, but on a MUCH greater scale.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of discretionary budget

Mandatory spending is double discretionary and 66% of that goes to SS, Medicare, and Medicaid

Thread Information