Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll believe it when I see it. Manchin’s words are always a lot more conservative than his actions. In 2018 he said he’d “consider” supporting Trump in 2020
    This doesn’t help him.

When you have his own fat ass governor saying let’s go, you really don’t have much room to deny stimulus.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He’s gonna be our Susan Collins so we should wait to judge until he actually votes. When push comes to shove he’s rarely the pivotal vote against the Democrats but up until that vote there’s gonna be talk about how “concerned” he is or how he’s gonna write Schumer a strongly worded letter.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s gonna be our Susan Collins so we should wait to judge until he actually votes. When push comes to shove he’s rarely the pivotal vote against the Democrats but up until that vote there’s gonna be talk about how “concerned” he is or how he’s gonna write Schumer a strongly worded letter.
    Kind of the vibe I'm getting when he's railing against people making $300,000 a year not needing stimulus checks. So he can act like he's against them with a right wing talking point and that he brought the number down to something sensible by limiting it to individuals making less than $100k like the other two stimulus checks already were.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (from post #29)

...said the shill*.

This one has over half a million views.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144487

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286522
    (excerpts)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    4) They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    They may work in teams, supporting each other and giving the illusion of popular support on the net. (Remember, net IDs are basically free, and one person can have many.)
    Cosmored doing the job as a government shill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (from post #29)

...said the shill*.

This one has over half a million views.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144487

https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=286522
    (excerpts)
    4) They tend to operate in self-congratulatory and complementary packs or teams. Of course, this can happen naturally in any public forum, but there will likely be an ongoing pattern of frequent exchanges of this sort where professionals are involved.
    They may work in teams, supporting each other and giving the illusion of popular support on the net. (Remember, net IDs are basically free, and one person can have many.)
    Shut up you corporate shill, don't care how well-financed your disinformation campaign is.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Kind of the vibe I'm getting when he's railing against people making $300,000 a year not needing stimulus checks. So he can act like he's against them with a right wing talking point and that he brought the number down to something sensible by limiting it to individuals making less than $100k like the other two stimulus checks already were.
    He also thinks highly of Schumer and has a great relationship with him, so odds are he wouldn’t be making an off the cuff remark without talking to Schumer first. A lot of the friction between them is largely staged to make Manchin appear more centrist.

Manchin’s also not stupid enough to think that he’ll maintain popularity in WV by denying people stimulus checks

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He also thinks highly of Schumer and has a great relationship with him, so odds are he wouldn’t be making an off the cuff remark without talking to Schumer first. A lot of the friction between them is largely staged to make Manchin appear more centrist.

Manchin’s also not stupid enough to think that he’ll maintain popularity in WV by denying people stimulus checks
    Yeah WV is mostly impoverished. There's also green people and people that eat human meat there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He essentially told Schumer to off if he cant work with Mitch.

You're giving this guy a little too much credit.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

So far all he’s done is make meaningless public statements. How he votes ultimately is what matters, and he’s yet to really the Dems over with a pivotal vote (he votes to confirm Kavanaugh because he knew there was no way Collins would vote against him). The Dems seem pretty confident they can count on him to deliver the 50th vote.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Bipartisan group of senators introducing the COVID-19 Mine Worker Protection Act. Looks like they’re getting Manchin the earmarks he needs to go along with Biden’s COVID-19 relief. Fine with me.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bipartisan group of senators introducing the COVID-19 Mine Worker Protection Act. Looks like they’re getting Manchin the earmarks he needs to go along with Biden’s COVID-19 relief. Fine with me.
    Is that the 1000 dollar plan? It sucks.

Went from 2000 to 1400 to now a proposed 1000.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It was always $1400, stop spouting right-wing talking points lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They’re AOC talking points.

Dems ed up their messaging at worst per par.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    people on the left fighting this are in annoying

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

It’s a plan about protecting coal miners from COVID, it’s completely separate from the main Covid relief bill. Calm down. I’ll be right there with you if Manchin ruins COVID relief, but it’s too early to know.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Manchin gonna come through in the clutch, per par

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manchin gonna come through in the clutch, per par

trolling the right better than concerned Susan.

But I think his governor really didn’t give him any wiggle room on this one.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    trolling the right better than concerned Susan.

But I think his governor really didn’t give him any giggle room on this one.
    He was always going to yank the football out from the GOP at the last minute. It wasn’t his governor and it wasn’t the re ed Justice Democrats threatening to primary him (I know you’re not saying it was the latter, I’m only pointing it out because I’m seeing these idiots on twitter ing the football and taking credit). He does the same Collins does to keep getting re-elected in Maine, only him doing it as a Democrat in WV is a lot more impressive than Collins doing it as a Republican in Maine.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I should clarify this doesn’t mean he’s a yes on the final bill, just that he’s a yes on the budget resolution proceeding to a final vote. He’s still not committing to being a yes on the final bill, so we’ll prob hear more hoopla from him about muh bipartisanship right up until the last minute when he votes yay.

He said that Biden should in no way lower his $1.9 trillion ask.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was always going to yank the football out from the GOP at the last minute. It wasn’t his governor and it wasn’t the re ed Justice Democrats threatening to primary him (I know you’re not saying it was the latter, I’m only pointing it out because I’m seeing these idiots on twitter ing the football and taking credit). He does the same Collins does to keep getting re-elected in Maine, only him doing it as a Democrat in WV is a lot more impressive than Collins doing it as a Republican in Maine.
    Yeah I know what you mean.

Those re s at TYT/Kyle Kulinski are always going on about how Biden is only undoing all the Trump executive orders because they apply the pressure.

Never mind it’s just common sense stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I know what you mean.

Those re s at TYT/Kyle Kulinski are always going on about how Biden is only undoing all the Trump executive orders because they apply the pressure.

Never mind it’s just common sense stuff.
    kulinski is a goddam moron. he's spreading a lot of misinformation about the wall street/gamestop too. like blatant misinfo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Toomey wasn’t in DC and missed the vote so the COVID relief Bill moves forward and on its way to possibly passing under the budget reconciliation.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So Toomey wasn’t in DC and missed the vote so the COVID relief Bill moves forward and on its way to possibly passing under the budget reconciliation.
    Would have passed with Kamala’s tie breaker vote either way even if Toomey was there. Does that bill have a $15 min wage in it? Gonna have to be creative to squeeze a min way increase into budget reconciliation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would have passed with Kamala’s tie breaker vote either way even if Toomey was there. Does that bill have a $15 min wage in it? Gonna have to be creative to squeeze a min way increase into budget reconciliation.
    Yeah I know.

I like Biden's hard position on this. After having that meeting with republicans I figured they would at least slow this thing down even more so. Biden tweeted about the 15 minimum wage right around the time they were voting so it might.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The senate rules are so re ed. All you need is to get a non-elected parliamentarian to determine that a bill fits into the rules of budget reconciliation for it to suddenly no longer require 60 votes for cloture, but somehow the 60 vote cloture rule is considered by half the senate to be a sacred rule that we can’t get rid of (unless the parliamentarian determines a bill doesnt need it). Everything should just be majority rule.

Thread Information