Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That’s just not true. The Democrats wanted to do infrastructure with Trump, all he was focused on was the ty right wing economic agenda of tax cuts and taking healthcare away.
    And keeping your side from upholding your side's vow to blow up the White House the day he moved into it.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    This is such bull , it's not like they're trying to pass the Green New Deal. Can't even pass an infrastructure bill.

Both Romney and Murkowski play the "uhhh... I dunno", then fold neatly into whatever their party wants. This is entirely on the Democratic party, and especially on Schumer.

It's simple, clock's ticking on this administration to get anything done. People don't care if West Vriginia this or that. Nothing gets done with this bag. Come election time, that has a price to pay.
    They need 50 senators and they don’t have them. I think Schumer is incompetent for not being able to get Sinema in line but there’s basically nothing he can do about Manchin.

Biden has done a lot behind the scenes w/ Manchin and Sinema too, they’re just the new version of Ben Nelson and Joe Lieberman.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    They need 50 senators and they don’t have them. I think Schumer is incompetent for not being able to get Sinema in line but there’s basically nothing he can do about Manchin.

Biden has done a lot behind the scenes w/ Manchin and Sinema too, they’re just the new version of Ben Nelson and Joe Lieberman.
    Don't be surprised if either, or, both Manchin and Sinema give up the ghost before it's over.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Don't be surprised if either, or, both Manchin and Sinema give up the ghost before it's over.
    Give up the ghost as in they fall in line? Always a possibility but it doesn’t seem likely. It all boils down to Manchin though, if he folds Sinema doesn’t have enough political capital to stand by herself, she needs Manchin for cover.

what I think a lot of people don’t realize tho is that a lot of other centrist Dems like Mark Warner and Jeanine Shaheen are using Manchin for cover but have no intention of supporting any significant tax and spend, New Deal style programs either. It’s not like the senate is Manchin, Sinema and 48 Ed Markeys, there’s ~5 additional centrist Dems who will need to be won over every time.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m not even sure what Sinema is thinking. Manchin is an untouchable in WV, but Sinema is genuinely pissing a lot of people in her state off, and it’s not just progressives either. Everything about her is so disingenuous and out of touch while Manchin seems more innocent as the naive old man who got hit in the head one too many times playing football and thinks bipartisanship is still possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm more concerned with the long game on this. Manchin needs to be ready to own a return to Trumpism (and what all that entails) if he continues to sabotage this administration.

Once the midterms hit, that might be game over for this administration to get anything done, and everybody is going to be looking at his sorry ass. At that point, he might as well switch parties.

If this would be the GOP of the 90s, I wouldn't have an issue with his position. But this is a self-inflicted wound by Dems at a critical juncture.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not even sure what Sinema is thinking. Manchin is an untouchable in WV, but Sinema is genuinely pissing a lot of people in her state off, and it’s not just progressives either. Everything about her is so disingenuous and out of touch while Manchin seems more innocent as the naive old man who got hit in the head one too many times playing football and thinks bipartisanship is still possible.
    Makes it even more idiotic when Mark Kelly is actually doing just fine by backing anything Schumer is putting up. I'm not seeing any backlash there.

I think these senators from red states are so used to being scared about losing because they depend on redneck re s that they overthink it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is probably true, but Manchin is the one that puts his ugly mug out there and is playing for the style points on camera. If the hits the fan, we'll see if he's so keen to talk about bi-partisanship.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm more concerned with the long game on this. Manchin needs to be ready to own a return to Trumpism (and what all that entails) if he continues to sabotage this administration.
    Trump won Manchin's state by 40 pts, so he is safe there.

And he has been bribed so far (as they all have), and will be bribed and rewarded more for his pro-oligarchy, pro-fascist votes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I
    Once the midterms hit, that might be game over for this administration to get anything done
    It's already GAMEOVER for every single Dem bill, McConnell has said it, he already did it in 2019-2020, 400+ Dem bills blocked, and says he will continue to block everything.

The mid-terms, after 2020 Census redistricting/partisan gerrymander, will probably hand the House to the Repugs,

since the Repugs will try to purge, mostly successfully, every Dem Rep out all the Confederate/red states,

then Biden can spend his last next two years vetoing all the insane the Repug Congress passes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Once the midterms hit, that might be game over for this administration to get anything done, and everybody is going to be looking at his sorry ass. At that point, he might as well switch parties.

If this would be the GOP of the 90s, I wouldn't have an issue with his position. But this is a self-inflicted wound by Dems at a critical juncture.
    Newt Gingrich’s GOP of the 90s was an extremist political party as well, we shouldn’t talk about them like they’re so much better than Trump.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Makes it even more idiotic when Mark Kelly is actually doing just fine by backing anything Schumer is putting up. I'm not seeing any backlash there.

I think these senators from red states are so used to being scared about losing because they depend on redneck re s that they overthink it.
    Even if the redneck re s thing was true (which it isn’t here, Sinema’s voting coalition did not rely on getting the rube vote), you’re not gonna win them over playing nice and doing nothing. When the Democrats can’t create any sort of economic progress, the GOP is able to make everything a culture war.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Newt Gingrich’s GOP of the 90s was an extremist political party as well, we shouldn’t talk about them like they’re so much better than Trump.
    Yeah Frank Luntz ed this nation over when he showed Gingrich how to just use buzzwords to get elected. Thankfully that got who we have to thank for this current breed of Republican got wrecked by a stroke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Frank Luntz ed this nation over when he showed Gingrich how to just use buzzwords to get elected. Thankfully that got who we have to thank for this current breed of Republican got wrecked by a stroke.
    he's still fine and doing is thing tho

and cucker carlson had a big segment ranting and complaining about him

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Luntz says it takes him minutes now to express a ten second sentence sometimes. Cucker is just butthurt Luntz is trying to get Trump s vaccinated.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

Given how the MAGA s hate him so much idk why the Democrats haven’t tried to hire him yet. I imagine Luntz could come up with really buzzwords for policy that actually helps the middle class or at least doesnt it over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were loud and faux outraged, but nowhere near the level of flat out anti-democracy. You can tell me Newt was as cynic as Mitch, but Mitch is not even the Trump type.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Trump won Manchin's state by 40 pts, so he is safe there.

And he has been bribed so far (as they all have), and will be bribed and rewarded more for his pro-oligarchy, pro-fascist votes.

He's also being bribed by Biden. Didn't Biden just appoint Manchin's wife to Appalachian Commission or something?

In any event, Manchin has to break Republican sometimes to keep his seat, so I get it.

Sinema is an interesting character. Not only does she shake the progressive left, but it seems she trolls them while she is doing it

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He's also being bribed by Biden. Didn't Biden just appoint Manchin's wife to Appalachian Commission or something?

In any event, Manchin has to break Republican sometimes to keep his seat, so I get it.

Sinema is an interesting character. Not only does she shake the progressive left, but it seems she trolls them while she is doing it
    Yes. There’s no question it’s not a coincidence Manchin’s wife got picked for that but I read about it and she was clearly qualified.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    They were loud and faux outraged, but nowhere near the level of flat out anti-democracy. You can tell me Newt was as cynic as Mitch, but Mitch is not even the Trump type.
    Newt was Mitch before Mitch. He started the trend of party leaders consolidating power and making everything hyper partisan.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    O’bummer said it best tho that Sarah Palin getting picked as VP was truly the turning point when the GOP took the extreme fringes of its party and decided to feature them front and center. That’s really the event that led to Trump more than anything else.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Newt was Mitch before Mitch. He started the trend of party leaders consolidating power and making everything hyper partisan.
    + Hussein Obama had a heavy hand in the origin of the hyper partisan craze by hustling and baiting race whenever he needed. And that SOB waste-of-space needs it all-the-time.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    + Hussein Obama had a heavy hand in the origin of the hyper partisan craze by hustling and baiting race whenever he needed. And that SOB waste-of-space needs it all-the-time.
    The only thing Obama did to race bait was have a skin color you and all the other racist boomers didn't like seeing in the White House.

Thread Information