Page 113 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Burton:

The Horns, in their first conference road game of the season, head to Fort Worth to take on TCU.

Quarterback
    Max Duggan has beaten Texas twice. Each time it’s been his ability to move the chains with his legs that has made the difference. Expect more of the same Saturday morning. But he’s not entirely a one-trick pony. Duggan is far from a polished passer but he has decent arm strength and he can get hot for stretches of the game. Casey Thompson enters the game with absurd numbers for his first two college football starts. Is Thompson for real? This game should tell us a lot.
    Texas

Running back
    On paper, this is the match-up of the day. The no. 1 RB in the country in the class of 2020 versus the no. 2 RB. Bijan vs Zach. Both are tremendous players, can find a crease and take it the distance. But add in Roschon Johnson and Keilan Robinson and the match-up starts to tilt.
    Texas

Wide receiver
    While Texas receivers have seemingly come alive this season, the TCU receivers may be the strength of their offense. Both Quentin Johnston and Taye Barber are future NFL players and can be deep threats. Barber doesn’t get much notoriety, but he can fill up the box score. Xavier Worthy has been a revelation for the Horns while Jordan Whittington has, knock on wood, stayed healthy and been a steady presence.
    TCU

Tight End
    TCU doesn’t use its tight end group nearly as liberally as the Horns, nor do they have the experience or depth.
    Texas

Offensive line
    TCU’s offensive line is solid, especially if their center who was injured each of the last two weeks can return on Saturday. Texas’ offensive line, after two weeks of excellent play, appears to be getting better and more cohesive. Or was it just the teams they were playing (we all saw what happened against Arkansas)? If the Texas OL plays well this weekend, particularly in pass protection, then we are seeing them become a potential team strength.
    Even

Defensive line
    Before the season, I thought the Horns and Horned Frogs had two of the top three defensive lines in the conference (to go with Oklahoma). Now, I have questions about both of them. However, TCU’s issues have come from injuries to their best edge player and their best DT, as well as a key back-up there. They’re all supposed to be back this week. Until someone other than Moro Ojomo steps up and starts disrupting plays with any regularity, this is an easy call.
    TCU

Linebacker
    While Texas linebackers haven’t exactly lit the world on fire this season, TCU’s have been uncharacteristically poor. They are missing run fits and not being the combined fail-safe and disruptor in the hole that Gary Patterson typically gets from this unit. Texas needs to consider spying Duggan in this game with DeMarvion Overshown, who should be up to the task. Brockermeyer isn’t quite quick enough to do it effectively.
    Texas

Secondary
    Until proven otherwise, the Texas secondary is overrated. The safeties, outside of Jerrin Thompson, just aren’t producing much in the way of pass defense or even run support. The corners got beat deep twice against Texas Tech. TCU expects to return Noah Daniels at corner this week and Daniels is as legit as they come. However, TCU has had its own issues with shoddy safety play.
    Even

Special teams
    Both teams have good returners. I wouldn’t be surprised if either team made a big play in the return game. Cameron er probably has more ability from distance on field goals than his counterpart but er’s accuracy has been average at best this season. TCU’s punter has been one of the nation’s best, while Texas has shown a penchant for blocking punts the last couple of weeks. As for the Texas punt team, they haven’t been called on in the last nine quarters of play.
    Even

Losing to Oklahoma has been bad. But losing to TCU consistently has been completely unacceptable. Sark needs to put Patterson in his place. I think he will. I sure as hope so, or we will be looking for a new coach again.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    if ovie ogofu keeps falling/crashing down instead of holding his position for the option keeper like he has all season duggan is going to have record rushing numers

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    horrible targeting call....that was a solid football hit.

I do not agree with the call. I will take it as a Horns fan, but it is a BS call.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    horrible targeting call....that was a solid football hit.

I do not agree with the call. I will take it as a Horns fan, but it is a BS call.
    Agreed. The worst part is the ejection. As the play by play guys said, there should be levels.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    This game is so frustrating. Yes, we are winning, but we are killing ourselves with drops and penalties. Losing Okafor was huge for the OL. Since he went out, the OL has been average at best. We wasted 2 great TD opportunities on those turnovers....at least we got 6, but still, we needed 14. When you are on the road, in conference, against a team that has dominated you, you need TDs not FGs.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Look, running good

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    So we have well over 100 yds rushing in the 1st half and 2 TDs.....I like it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    These ing officials

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    this officiating crew is crap. They are calling bad penalties on both teams. They screw both teams on the spot after the ball is down. They are spotting at the knee not the ball....pure crap. The one positive is both teams are getting screwed over at an even rate.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    so why did the clock start after the personal foul on 32 for TCU? I thought the clock always stopped after an accepted defensive penalty.

Man, I hope that TCU WR is ok. That was a scary looking play the way the Texas defender rolled over his leg on the tackle.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I wish they would have gone for it on 4th down. They sure are not passing much today. As good as the running game is going, play action should be able to work. Also, how about some passes to the TEs?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    moar flags

These refs are criminally awful

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    max duggan is such a chode lol

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I understand running the ball, but throw in a few passes here and there, and use play action. What is the point of establishing a running game if you refuse to use it as a decoy to pass?

Thread Information