Page 114 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,826 to 2,850 of 4323
    Refs owe us a couple of calls. Hope we get them in 4th quarter

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    I hope both schools send letters complaining about this officiating crew....they deserve to be reprimanded for their horse officiating. It is absurd how many bad flags their have been, game changing flags, and some severe no calls, as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Obvious block in the back against the frogs not called

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Ok, this game frustrated me a bit, but we got that gorilla off our back......time for the RRR......Hook em

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good to see them hit some adversity and show toughness and push through. Something to be said for winning ugly

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Good win. Bijan for Heisman.

YESSSS ! Beat Patterson in his own yard. Convincing win, even with ty refs. Feels so good to have a real coach and AD. Acid test next Saturday, and for first time in a long time, I think we are just as good as they are. Beat OU !!!!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Best running back in Collage Football y'all!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Boy, if Sark gets him in his offense watch out...

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I understand running the ball, but throw in a few passes here and there, and use play action. What is the point of establishing a running game if you refuse to use it as a decoy to pass?
    Couple near misses/drops kept the game close - Thompson had a bad game and the team still found a way to win. Aside from getting away from Bijan/run game in the 2nd q, I thought the offensive playcalling was solid.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per IT, Texas is back in play for DB Bryce Anderson.....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sark wasn't happy about this, but.....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ketch:

Ding dong, the purple witch is dead.

On a day when Steve Sarkisian did the thing that his recent predecessors had so badly failed to consistently do, I'm not going to spend a lot of time nitpicking some of the uglier component's of Saturday's game.

Texas 32 TCU 27

Whatever happens for the rest of the season, it's not going to include an embarrassing loss to Gary Patterson, which is a way of saying that Sarkisian has accomplished one of the first challenges given to him in his Texas tenure... find a way to put Gary Patterson's team in its place.

Mission accomplished.

Ultimately, both teams put together pretty average performances with sketchy passing game performances and had trouble making stops on defense unless the opposing offense gift-wrapped a turnover. The difference is that the Longhorns had the best player on the field in Bijan Robinson and TCU turned the ball over deep inside its own territory. twice in the first half.

That reality might not be enough to assure everyone that bigger hurdles will be cleared later in the season, but it was enough today,.

Specifically, you just can't say enough about how special Bijan Robinson is. The Longhorns don't win this game without him. His 238 yards of total offense and two touchdowns carried the day on a Saturday when we finally saw a version of Casey Thompson during the game that probably gave us an idea of what Sarkisian witnessed in August that gave him pause in naming him the starter at the beginning of the season.

Robinson is basically Bruce Leeroy in The Last Dragon after he gets the glow. His ability to leave defenses grasping for air is the stuff of legends and we should all be thankful that we have the unique pleasure of watching him for three seasons.

(other thoughts...)

... The passing game really struggled today. Some of it was dropped passes. Some of it was Thompson not seeing linebackers and throwing balls into dangerous coverage. The bottom line is that the passing game was worse today than it was against Arkansas a few weeks ago, at least statistically.

... Thompson's legs and self-assured nature kept his performance from looking as bad as Card's in Fayetteville, but his efficiency rating finished at 114.7 and that number only occurred because Jordan Whittington went beast-mode on two second-half plays. That won't be enough in tougher games that loom on the horizon.

... It was interesting that Hiudson Card did not hold on kicks today. It makes his use and status the rest of the season a curious conversation.

... Jake Majors, Junior Angilau and Derek Kerstteter deserve a lot of credit for helping Texas dominate the line of scrimmage on offense. That trio had very few mental and physical mistakes.

... Attaboy, Whittington. Those two catches were huge.

... Thompson's first half: 6 of 14 for 47 yards, zero touchdowns, one interception and a 56.8 rating.

... With three drops today, Xavier Worthy finally looked like a true freshman. I never thought we'd see him go an entire game with just one catch for seven yards. It was interesting that Sarkisian never tried to get him going early in the game with some of the plays we've seen in each of the last two weeks.

... I thought DeMarvion Overshown was outstanding today in leading the team with 10 tackles.

... Anthony Cook's sack that forced a Max Duggan fumble was a thing of beauty. Beautiful call and beautiful execution.

... It's really interesting that the move Kyle Flood made after Denzel Okafor's injury was to slide Derek Kerstetter inside and to bring Andrej Karic in at right tackle. It feels like the Longhorns are very thin up-front.

... T'Vondre Sweat was the team's best defensive lineman today.

... Darion Dunn was solid as a rock all game.

... TCU's max Duggan was so average today.

... The unsung hero of the game was probably Cameron er. All of those made field goals without missing proved to be critical today, even if none of the kicks were especially hard.

... Jacoby Jones was not awarded a sack on this play because technically it was a zero-yard gain. I want him to know that in my unofficial scorebook, I gave him a sack. I thought he played his best game of the season.

... The ejection of T.J. Carter was a turning point moment in the game.

... The opening offensive drive of the game breaking down because of a motion penalty on 3rd and one in the red-zone and a complete assignment bust by the offensive line is exactly how you lose games against better teams. Also, I found the complete chaos on offense going into the penalty on Wiley when the team was trying to get into its Wildcat formation to be pretty surprising. You KNOW they practiced that this week.

... Allowing an 87-yard return on the opening kickoff was less than optimal.

... Texas was in a position to get out of that opening kickoff mistake, but Luke Brockermeyer couldn't close the deal on a tackle on Zach Evans. Overall, Brockermeyer didn't have a day he'll long to remember in future years when he's no longer playing.
    Expand signature
    Geoff Ketchum

Thread Information