Page 120 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Goddamnit, this game keeps pissing me off. I feel for Worthy. Kid just had the game of a lifetime and one mistake will weigh on him forever.
    yeah I just hope he gets another chance this year. OU is not that great and very vulnerable. fix the stupid stuff and Texas can beat them.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I dont know what some people on here were watching.
    We were THOROUGHLY dominated on both sides of the line in the 2nd half.
    Our D line gave their freshman what seemed like 5 minutes to look around and find men.
    OU absolutely made some great plays.

But we got dominated pure and simple in the MOST BASIC part of the game.
    Rewatch the 2nd half and watch our D lineman fall down and just get sat on, it was a pitiful display by BOTH sides of the line 2nd half.
    Their defensive guys up front are flat out quicker than ours; FACT. We need guys who can get off blocks and disrupt the passer for the ENTIRE game.

Fundamental way to lose even though your freshman WR and QB had great games and we have the best back in college football. Look what happened to Bijan the 2nd half. Pitiful. You saw a close game because we have excellent skill players. WE DO NOT HAVE THE BASIC BACKBONE of a team. DL and OL.

And we are deep at D line with a bunch of what... ? We cant run. Our guys cant catch people. Maybe the guy from ND can for part of the game but thats about it.
    They flat out could do about anything on offense the 2nd half with a freshman. The only way we could stop them is hope they got into the red zone with out running all the way for a TD.

The game was not that disappointing for me as we were clearly the 2nd best team out of 2 teams.
    We needed more transfers on both lines.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rewatching the 2nd half for Thompson and that was a heroic effort. He stood in a collapsing pocket and thank God Worthy and Moore could out run their secondary.

WE had the 3 best offensive players on the field.
    None of them were linemen.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Bama is going down….unfortunately it’s to atm

Post Count
    Looks like Bama is going down….unfortunately it’s to atm
    Alabama didn't look like the Alabama of old.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Alabama didn't look like the Alabama of old.
    Their Florida win showed the weakness.
    ATM defense did a great job 2nd half considering their offense ran only 12 plays until crunch time. ATMs offense is still wacked.
    And the ATM defense left a receiver at the goal line completely uncovered. They still do bonehead ATM type things but it was a huge win for Fisher.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Their Florida win showed the weakness.
    ATM defense did a great job 2nd half considering their offense ran only 12 plays until crunch time. ATMs offense is still wacked.
    And the ATM defense left a receiver at the goal line completely uncovered. They still do bonehead ATM type things but it was a huge win for Fisher.
    They do, but I felt Ags were too hyped coming into the season because they lost too many offensive linemen and a veteran QB. But a quality win like this only compounds the loss to MSU.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They do, but I felt Ags were too hyped coming into the season because they lost too many offensive linemen and a veteran QB. But a quality win like this only compounds the loss to MSU.
    Aggies are better than UT on both lines. Thats clear.

Honestly I think Fisher needs an offensive coordinator.
    He is not the QB guru he thinks he is.
    He is constantly in Calzada's ear DURING the game. What happens at practice? Leave the kid alone for 1 second for Gods sake. Fisher talks like a machine gun. Its got to be a bit overwhelming DURING a game. Tiny details should be ironed out already.
    The last drive for the Aggies was huge though. I thought the kick off return might have stunted the fact that they still needed to keep drives going on offense.
    And the defense being on the field that long and their D line would not give up. Talent AND desire.

They have two walkover games now in conference. They need to come through.

Congratulations on the win. That’s a BIG win for your program. I wish we could have finished our game off. From a Texas standpoint our game was a gut job. We collapsed in the 2nd half, and you guys found a way to hang on. Again congratulations.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We're two OL and two DL's away from being really good. The inability to stop the run in the 2nd half yesterday ultimately decided the outcome. The change at QB for OU was the difference offensively for them. Rattler was in trouble in the first half yesterday.

Lets see how we bounce back against undefeated OK St. Win and I see a rematch in the CCG.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    11 AM Fellas!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

We're two OL and two DL's away from being really good. The inability to stop the run in the 2nd half yesterday ultimately decided the outcome. The change at QB for OU was the difference offensively for them. Rattler was in trouble in the first half yesterday.

Lets see how we bounce back against undefeated OK St. Win and I see a rematch in the CCG.
    I hope you are right about bouncing back. Right now, I think we will have to have a lot of luck to beat OSU.

i know that we had trouble stopping the run, but the offense could not stay on the field due to poor Oline play. They were all over Casey every play. The result was the defense ran out of gas. The defense was exhausted because the offense had continuous 3 and outs. No defense will be able to stay on the field like that, especially against an offense like OU has. Our Oline was by far our biggest problem from where I sat. And it’s been that way for years. Sam got pummeled on a regular basis his whole career.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah kinda of a waste of a big time win

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I’d like to have a waste of a big time win.

Yippie another DL.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Defence got tired well A&M and Tides didnot get tired. Are they a bunch of whimps?

I am begining to doubt our Def. Cord. and his scheme On to OSU.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I’d like to have a waste of a big time win.
    I had one in 2011 when Tech went into Norman and beat #1 OU. It TuRneD tHe prOgrAm aRouNd!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

It was awful. Their RBs looked like they had been shot out of a cannon. The DBs were immediately on their heels turning to run downfield to chase. We have a bunch of very big guys that just cant move and get off blocks. This idea of our DL "occupying (re dancing with)" offensive lineman so the LBs can make plays is a failure. Our DL MUST be disruptive and get on people in the backfield and make plays. We need much more agility the whole way through the DL. We knew the OL was in trouble.
    I really have to praise Sark's ability to find plays that work without a proper OL. Overshown was completely out of the game in the 2nd half it seemed. LBs having RBS already moving full speed at them... good luck.

I still like the overall direction of the team however. If we can still get recruits we will be headed in the proper direction offensively. Our Pac-14 defensive coordinator has officially been welcomed to the Big 12 after the first three games. It would be great if you could find an interview with him explaining the game. "We scored too fast" is the only thing I would say and then leave the room.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-10-2021 at 07:39 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Also, credit to OU for making some fantastic catches. Those close sideline planes seemed to make us go mental.

Thread Information