Page 121 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,025 of 4323
    My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Defence got tired well A&M and Tides didnot get tired. Are they a bunch of whimps?

I am begining to doubt our Def. Cord. and his scheme On to OSU.
    texas entire starting back 7 plays on all special teams plays..........so yes they will get tired from cover every punt/kick

We had the ball 6 times in second half. 3 times 3 plays and out. One time 6 plays turned it over on downs. We scored 10 points in second half. Some of that is on Sark. What happened to the screen pass ? The Oline was manhandled, to get to next level we gotta have better Oline play. OU is gonna score. You are not going to beat them scoring 10 points in second half

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Congratulations on the win. That’s a BIG win for your program. I wish we could have finished our game off. From a Texas standpoint our game was a gut job. We collapsed in the 2nd half, and you guys found a way to hang on. Again congratulations.
    thanks. of course, the win means less if A&M reverts back to losing to lesser teams. i didn't see all of the texas game but it seems as if it was just a classic brawl and that whoever had the ball last was going to win. the change of QBs also seemed to energize OU while throwing UT off. regardless, UT has some serious playmakers and they certainly have the capacity to get to the le game. they need to shake off this loss and get a big win against the cowboys, which i definitely think they can do.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jordan is a walking hospital bill.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He is indeed.

And clearly one of the tougher receivers along with Worthy. They both were/are good blockers as well.
    We need Omiere back because the other WRs are really not gonna be physical.
    Sarkisian has really got an offense that can get WRs in the open unlike Herman. But we have to have some kids who can make tough catches in traffic like OU.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    say that to his brothers face

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    as if ol couldnt get any worse......

Dewberry is down to Oklahoma and Aggie

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    say that to his brothers face

Does he need to take more steroids before I say it to his face?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Terrible line play - both sides of the ball - plain and simple.

Those late touchdown runs were a shining example of the front 7 not being able to move and get off blocks.

The 2nd half was a disaster......

Lots of work to be done getting better players than the ones Herman brought in (for D and O lineman).

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The most significant change is not injury related — super senior Tope Imade is in line to receive his first start after entering the season with eight appearances as a reserve. The decision by offensive coordinator/offensive line coach Kyle Flood comes after redshirt freshman right tackle Andrej Karic struggled against Oklahoma, particularly in pass protection. Inserting Imade allows Flood to move super senior Derek Kerstetter from left guard back to right tackle. Imade isn’t known as the most mobile or most flexible player, but at 6’6, 361 pounds, he is the type of massive human being that Flood prefers along the offensive line.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    5* top 10 player in the nation committed to ou........he is a dl......texas ol
    https://247sports.com/Player/Gabriel...indy-46084792/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons

Arch Manning is the No. 1 prospect in 2023, and with his performance so far this season, he may be widening the gap between him and the other top juniors in the country.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound five-star quarterback at New Orleans Isadore Newman has progressed over the last year. He is showing great consistency, arm strength, more athleticism and still that quick release in 2021.

Manning can go anywhere he wants. He has the offers, and he has never talked about favorites, and he may never officially cut his list down, but the schools talked about the most this fall have been Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ole Missand Texas.

Texas trending for Arch Manning?​

It is not likely that Manning will ever name a leader or rank his top schools, but after spending time around New Orleans Monday, I like where Texas stands.

Based on what I heard from multiple sources Monday, I give the Longhorns the edge for Manning. Steve Sarkisian is expected in Louisiana Thursday to see Manning play. Quarterbacks coach AJ Milwee is likely to join Sarkisian on the trip to the Boot State later this week.

Manning will then turn around and leave Friday for Austin. The visit over the summer went very well for Manning, and since then, things have progressed well with Sarkisian, Milwee and Texas.

What really seems to make Texas stand out according to sources is the connection with Sarkisian, not only as a coach but as a person. He has done a very good job recruiting Manning, giving him space, and still being in contact on a consistent basis. Manning also mentioned this last weekend in an interview with Inside Texas:

“(Sark) is a laid back guy, which I really like,” Manning told Inside Texas on Friday. “He’s not always pitching me. He just checks in and that’s one thing I like about him. When it is football, he’s a genius.”

Sarkisian being an offensive coach, the two have talked about the Texas offense, the diversity of it appeals to Manning. But the connection appears to be much deeper than that.

This is a big visit for both parties. If things go well again, as they did over the summer, Texas could really put itself in a very good position with a decision expected in the spring of 2022.

Again, I don’t expect Manning to name favorites – but even with very good visits to Alabama and Georgia already this fall – Texas and Sarkisian are what I have heard the most about the last 24 hours.

This is not over by any means. Georgia was a school one source said was right there too with Alabama not far behind. This is still an ongoing battle by some heavyweights. The hot team right now appears to be Texas, and the buzz is around the Longhorns, so this weekend will be a big one.

A visit to Ole Miss will take place next weekend, and everyone knows all the connections to the Rebels Manning has. Clemson is still trying to get him on campus, and that could happen in November, but nothing is set.

Manning as good as advertised​

It was only practice, but Arch Manning was impressive on multiple levels. What stood out as much as anything was his leadership. It shouldn’t surprise anyone that Manning is a leader with his bloodlines. But he is, and it was nice to see.

He is also about the details. From the play fakes to the timing to taking reps until the play is perfect, Manning is all about the details.

The ball also jumped out of his hand all afternoon. He has a big-time arm, and he does not put a lot of effort into his throws.

Another thing that stood out was how Arch Manning threw the ball on the move. Throughout the practice, he worked on many throws, from short, to intermediate, to the deep ball, and while all were impressive, the throws on the move stood out as much as anything.

Manning has a lot of pressure on him. He has that last name. He has famous family members. Then there is the No. 1 ranking in the 2023 class and five stars on his profile.

But he is different.

Arch Manning is not normal. None of what was listed above moves him. He doesn’t have social media, he doesn’t care about rankings, he never self-promotes himself, he doesn’t even know all his offers, and he is an uber-talent with a mature mind that has a bright future ahead of him.

Will it be in Austin under Sark? Time will tell.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Good coaching move

Yes a good coaching move. Should have been coaching before the KO!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sarkisian is clearly superior to Herman on offense.

We are getting more wide open plays that we have seen for a good while. Maybe since back to Mackovic?
    And with a crappy OL. Just think if we could actually block for a whole game.
    Against good teams that can put pressure on our OL the playbook shrinks. It shrinks even more if we get well behind.

Somehow we have to get some OL transfers and some superior recruits.
    I looked on the Alabama depth chart in Aug and neither of the Brocks were anywhere to be seen. Their big brother is starting for us. Any chance? For all I know they could be injured and just waiting it out till they start from Bama. I dont feel good at all for Kam D. For some reason he seems like an East Texas dude that is perfect for ATM.

Thread Information