Page 136 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,400 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The OL is pure garbage. I hate this OL. Give me the All-Pro DL of the 1970s from the NFL, and those old fellas would be racking up sacks, pressures, hits, and tackles for loss against these gutless, nutless, soft, mediocre, fat bas s that are wearing the burned orange and white. These fat s are getting fat off all the free meals they get, getting a free education, and they haven't done to earn it.
    um.... duh? lol

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This makes absolutely no sense.
    It’s the lib thing or what? Because this is not what the alumni are. Or the ins ution. You are famous for blending politics where it does not belong as Sorry-ass mind numbingly dumb excuses.

But I will say this, not only are we bad.
    We are definitely soft as whipped cream.
    No guts, no consistency. We knew it was going to be bad with an o line with no talent and no QBs with a real college start.
    But this is a complete meltdown, guys falling over their own feet.
    We have guys that have forgotten how to even run on grass...

Robinson needs to head for the draft ASAP. We got guys on the oline looking for guys to block as dbs are waltzing past them crushing our RBs. Hit someone in the mouth every damn play. Never have trouble finding someone to hit. You don’t block only fat guys on the other team. Hit anything on the other team.

Our fitness and mental state as bad as I have ever seen.
    This is the worst team at UT I have ever seen.
    UTSA would absolutely beat us.
    all three charlie strong years were clearly worse, as well as the year after colt ruined the program

they were literally one or two missed plays (despite complete second half meltdowns) from beating OU, OKst and Baylor
    Sure thing.
    We are in free fall.
    We are the worst team in the conference besides ... maybe TCU.
    This is much worse than any Charlie strong team. Its not even close.
    The only reason it looks salvageable is we now know what one major problem is switching coaches that did not get solved. Herman's players buying in.
    Sark alluded to this very early on. after the Arky game he mentioned that having problems clearly displayed allows you not to be fooled about how good you are and tells the coaches where players stand.

The defense was absolutely horrid and again showed how our d line is just not athletic at all. Any QB that has legs is a threat against our defense.

Dont be fooled by Thompson's stats. Something is clearly wrong with his head and hand. Give him credit for hanging, but decision making and actually throwing... flip a coin every play. Any RB playing on this team better have on extra protective gear. Luckily Kansas got dead tired on D last night, or others besides Bijan will die on the field.

Ask the old dudes.
    This is the worst team they have ever seen. Except for the guys still alive from the Bible era.

Post Count
    Kansas was rock bottom. 30 point favorites to lose to one of the worst teams in the country. From here on out the rocks just get piled on and bury them. Sark has lost this team. How can you recruit 5 star quarterbacks when they see our totally incompetent offensive line and our qb scrambling for his life almost every play?

Post Count
    Just be glad we no longer play A&M on Thanksgiving day.

Post Count
    Looks like Bijan Robinson is out for the season with the elbow injury. This team may very well drive Sark back to drinking.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Good.

Wins in the past were able to mask the overall culture issues with this sad ass squad

Weed out the trash players, bring in a few via transfer portal and sign kids that actually play with heart and determination.

Sorry sad sack of generally speaking. The best players (from a talent perspective) on defense give the least amount of s. The worst players (talent wise) are the ones playing with the most heart. And its not even ing close.

Sad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sure thing.
    We are in free fall.
    We are the worst team in the conference besides ... maybe TCU.
    This is much worse than any Charlie strong team. Its not even close.
    The only reason it looks salvageable is we now know what one major problem is switching coaches that did not get solved. Herman's players buying in.
    Sark alluded to this very early on. after the Arky game he mentioned that having problems clearly displayed allows you not to be fooled about how good you are and tells the coaches where players stand.

The defense was absolutely horrid and again showed how our d line is just not athletic at all. Any QB that has legs is a threat against our defense.

Dont be fooled by Thompson's stats. Something is clearly wrong with his head and hand. Give him credit for hanging, but decision making and actually throwing... flip a coin every play. Any RB playing on this team better have on extra protective gear. Luckily Kansas got dead tired on D last night, or others besides Bijan will die on the field.

Ask the old dudes.
    This is the worst team they have ever seen. Except for the guys still alive from the Bible era.
    this is arguably the most pathetic team in texas history, i wont argue that whatsoever

but in terms of talent and ability, its still clearly ahead of those charlie strong teams. they have just clearly given up, whether its the players being egotistical, or the coaches having lost all respect from the players

either way, its time to make drastic changes.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Just be glad we no longer play A&M on Thanksgiving day.
    Breaking news: UT will be joining the SEC.

Post Count
    Uhhh no , dumbass. I was talking about this next Thanksgiving. At least Sark has a couple years to get the players he wants to compete in the SEC.

E. Price's last year was worse team I remember Bibles was notthat bad.

What Texas nedsis another ex OU QB to coach them.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    At least Sark has a couple years to get the players he wants to compete in the SEC.

Yeah he needs to do way better than 52 four star + players.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    after watching the press conference it's looking more like the locker room is split between Team Sark v Team Herman, especially with some of the responses from the players and play on the field last night

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    after watching the press conference it's looking more like the locker room is split between Team Sark v Team Herman, especially with some of the responses from the players and play on the field last night
    yep the Herman side gotta go at this point. don't play any of them another snap.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    Brutal

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    E. Price's last year was worse team I remember Bibles was notthat bad.
    Oops.
    Thats actually who they said.
    My bad.
    Thanks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And I am getting tired of this change the culture stuff. I think posters are talking very different things possibly.
    Exactly what needs to be changed within the culture? Each coach has a style and a way of doing things. Tom Herman kisses? Charlie Strong and his running a lifting weights with the players?

One poster hinted at the time it had to do with the BLM movementstuff, then later the eyes of Texas, etc...
    Well Nick Saban fkn walked with his players in a BLM march and then they marched straight to the championship so no its NOT that cultural stuff.

We have posters who seem to know what goes on between the admin and the coaches and they tell the coaches how to address "culture" ?

What I see is what sark had hinted at. There are players who like a certain style of coach. It happened when Strong said he would change the "culture" . Herman the same. Im not getting it. We have a culture were players are told what? and then think what? We dont work hard enough? Just getting frustrated and screaming culture! is not making it clear enough.

Adding on to this giant new stadium...? all these fancy lockers? Every team in college sports is trying to address upgrades? It certainly CANT be we are Texas so we will win because that has not happened. We can buy a winner without working for it? Certainly $ is a part of the equation, look at all the National Championship winners and you will see $

I see players that really dont want to play. Saw it on the Strong and Herman teams and now again. That comes with changing coaches so often, thats part of the pain. Is it that Herman was told he had to fire coaches? Because the view we are asking for something (winning) and not getting it and then griping about it is a part of team sports that every university has gone through. I just want to see good football. We saw some in the first two games but Rice is hard to count. The Arkansas game opened up gaping wounds. The Texas Tech game showed huge deficiencies that continued to get worse. Now we have a Kansas game were we actually hobbled into a comeback but our defense was just so bad it was impossible.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And now we got to deal with the image and likeness stuff as well... I guess we need advice. It sounds like our AD wants to win.

*Excessive frustration concluded*

Where the is Texas4ever... Tfloss. Might as well let the buttlicker run this show I guess.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Its a problem first of boosters being so ing impatient first and foremost to always demanding change and wins right away.

I get it and it would be nice, but you cant actually build a system the right way if you hide the fatal flaws that exist along the way.

You have a mindset where stars = success.

So you are recruiting players with massive amounts of talent but no real desire to do what it takes essentially. That has to stop. I'd rather Texas recruit a roster full of 3 star players that flat out want to be at Texas, want to win and dont see Texas as a means to the end solely.

This losing streak will be the best thing to happen to this program since Mack Brown's arrival. Rip the bandage off, take your medicine the next 2 years or so and then come back strong with players that are talented and with the drive to succeed.

Texas has the conference, the resources and the fan base to let it happen. Just have to trust in the coaching staff to actually do their job and not be impatient little ers after 6 months like some magical elixir is going to happen.

Both lines are utter trash and nothing Sark was doing would really change that. Nothing PK does will change that on the defensive side.

You cant all of a sudden make awful talent great. Texas has done a trash job bringing in defensive linemen for what? a decade? Not really much better on the O-line though some of that has been bad luck as well. A lot has been this ideal that talent positions is the only spot that actually matters stupidly.

The linebacker spot being pretty ing god awful as well. Look at who is starting on this team right now for all the proof you need of the lack of talent and drive that exists.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^^^

So you are possibly suggesting that Charlie Strong and Tom Herman were not given long enough?

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    ^^^

So you are possibly suggesting that Charlie Strong and Tom Herman were not given long enough?

Yes on Charlie, but also not really sure he should have gotten the job in the first place.

Herman ed himself though by being a ing pompous ass and getting along with literally nobody.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Its a problem first of boosters being so ing impatient first and foremost to always demanding change and wins right away.

I get it and it would be nice, but you cant actually build a system the right way if you hide the fatal flaws that exist along the way.

You have a mindset where stars = success.

So you are recruiting players with massive amounts of talent but no real desire to do what it takes essentially. That has to stop. I'd rather Texas recruit a roster full of 3 star players that flat out want to be at Texas, want to win and dont see Texas as a means to the end solely.

This losing streak will be the best thing to happen to this program since Mack Brown's arrival. Rip the bandage off, take your medicine the next 2 years or so and then come back strong with players that are talented and with the drive to succeed.

Texas has the conference, the resources and the fan base to let it happen. Just have to trust in the coaching staff to actually do their job and not be impatient little ers after 6 months like some magical elixir is going to happen.

Both lines are utter trash and nothing Sark was doing would really change that. Nothing PK does will change that on the defensive side.

You cant all of a sudden make awful talent great. Texas has done a trash job bringing in defensive linemen for what? a decade? Not really much better on the O-line though some of that has been bad luck as well. A lot has been this ideal that talent positions is the only spot that actually matters stupidly.

The linebacker spot being pretty ing god awful as well. Look at who is starting on this team right now for all the proof you need of the lack of talent and drive that exists.
    this

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

Yeah he needs to do way better than 52 four star + players.
    247 rates players on camp performance not on field production u ignoramus...........

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    247 rates players on camp performance not on field production u ignoramus...........
    I'm just re-tweeting. You'll need to point your little hissy fit in their direction.

My Team
    Florida State Seminoles
    Post Count
    And I am getting tired of this change the culture stuff. I think posters are talking very different things possibly.
    Exactly what needs to be changed within the culture? Each coach has a style and a way of doing things. Tom Herman kisses? Charlie Strong and his running a lifting weights with the players?

One poster hinted at the time it had to do with the BLM movementstuff, then later the eyes of Texas, etc...
    Well Nick Saban fkn walked with his players in a BLM march and then they marched straight to the championship so no its NOT that cultural stuff.

We have posters who seem to know what goes on between the admin and the coaches and they tell the coaches how to address "culture" ?

What I see is what sark had hinted at. There are players who like a certain style of coach. It happened when Strong said he would change the "culture" . Herman the same. Im not getting it. We have a culture were players are told what? and then think what? We dont work hard enough? Just getting frustrated and screaming culture! is not making it clear enough.

Adding on to this giant new stadium...? all these fancy lockers? Every team in college sports is trying to address upgrades? It certainly CANT be we are Texas so we will win because that has not happened. We can buy a winner without working for it? Certainly $ is a part of the equation, look at all the National Championship winners and you will see $

I see players that really dont want to play. Saw it on the Strong and Herman teams and now again. That comes with changing coaches so often, thats part of the pain. Is it that Herman was told he had to fire coaches? Because the view we are asking for something (winning) and not getting it and then griping about it is a part of team sports that every university has gone through. I just want to see good football. We saw some in the first two games but Rice is hard to count. The Arkansas game opened up gaping wounds. The Texas Tech game showed huge deficiencies that continued to get worse. Now we have a Kansas game were we actually hobbled into a comeback but our defense was just so bad it was impossible.
    The whole "change the culture" talk is a bit of ambigious grasping at straws. These were coaches with proven success in the past. Didn't Charlie Strong push drug testing? That is a significant step taken for culture change.

Bad at ude is contagious. You have a locker room of highly rated recruits growing increasingly disgruntled. That's one of the major difficulties - how do balance signing major recruits with the lower ranked recruits that are willing to sit & work hard thru a rebuild. Knowing it will drop your overall team recruiting rankings raising questions about the program in the long offseason.

Step1 is giving the coaches more commitment. And this is inherently the problem with Texas. The egos, expectations and overall lack of patience.

FSU is an interesting experiment. After a bad hire the program found itself at rock bottom and in many ways still is. But financially the Noles are forced to let Norvell rebuild it. Unlike Texas they can't just move onto the next Coach. Everyone at Tallahassee has accepted there is no other options in the next 3 years so just have to support the road back.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 11-15-2021 at 02:52 AM.

Thread Information