Page 137 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For everyone questioning the culture issue, here’s a quick place to start. CDC has killed it with every single hire he’s made. Why not let him hire the football coach? That’s a cultural issue within the department. Our chancellor should not be hiring the coach. The boosters should not have a say in the hiring on the coach. Let the ing athletic director do his job. That’s how you get Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, and Steve Sarkisian. That’s also how you become a laughing stock with highly publicized failures like the Saban and Urban fiascos.
    Last edited by Kermit; 11-15-2021 at 11:07 AM.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    For everyone questioning the culture issue, here’s a quick place to start. CDC has killed it with every single hire he’s made. Why not let him hire the football coach? That’s a cultural issue within the department. Our chancellor should not be hiring the coach. The boosters should not have a say in the hiring on the coach. Let the ing athletic director do his job. That’s how you get Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, and Steve Sarkisian. That’s also how you become a laughing stock with highly publicized failures like the Sabin and Urban fiascos.

Lot of disagreement. Onething all will agree on defense is beyon bad! Players somewhat but mainly coaching.

Plenty of bodies at DL and LB if player not playing hard replace him. Sure could not be worse plus a message to team plat or ride the bench. I have seen better HS defenses as for as being in right position and tackling.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I hope everyone has a chance to watch this absolute disaster of a press conference. He has no idea what he’s doing. We are officially not a football school. Congrats to the idiots who run this program. What a ing dumpster fire. At this point, I’m worried for his well being because this can’t be healthy for a recovering alcoholic.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    im all for patience, but ive come to the point that i just dont think sark has what it takes. idk

Thank God TFloss32 didn't live to see this

TFloss is alive and doingwell on another board.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I really think these boys got too use to not being held accountable for jack since media and boosters are quick to judge the coaching staffs, granted there was some miss fires on hirings but this is not one sided. Sark dealing with what every new coach has to deal with in any sport, having the existing players buy in and tbh these boys seem allergic to putting work in and shut down when opponents keep coming at them and doesnt go their way

Post Count
    For everyone questioning the culture issue, here’s a quick place to start. CDC has killed it with every single hire he’s made. Why not let him hire the football coach? That’s a cultural issue within the department. Our chancellor should not be hiring the coach. The boosters should not have a say in the hiring on the coach. Let the ing athletic director do his job. That’s how you get Charlie Strong, Tom Herman, and Steve Sarkisian. That’s also how you become a laughing stock with highly publicized failures like the Saban and Urban fiascos.
    Hard to argue with this. Texas won the Director’s Cup last year for the best athletic program in Division I, but because of what’s going on in football Texas looks ridiculous. Sad.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I am now resigned to this thinking.

The school and the football team have almost zero to do with each other. "We" have moved to the SEC and the image and likeness thing means this is now semi pro to pro football team we have. its not a college football team. Its a joke pretending like players are student athletes. Some might be, but they are completely separate en ies in my mind now.

We can keep the Longhorn name and just drop the University of Texas BS because it is not.

Post Count
    I am now resigned to this thinking.

The school and the football team have almost zero to do with each other. "We" have moved to the SEC and the image and likeness thing means this is now semi pro to pro football team we have. its not a college football team. Its a joke pretending like players are student athletes. Some might be, but they are completely separate en ies in my mind now.

We can keep the Longhorn name and just drop the University of Texas BS because it is not.
    We should certainly be able to buy players as good or better than anyone else playing the image and likeness game.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I hope everyone has a chance to watch this absolute disaster of a press conference. He has no idea what he’s doing. We are officially not a football school. Congrats to the idiots who run this program. What a ing dumpster fire. At this point, I’m worried for his well being because this can’t be healthy for a recovering alcoholic.
    i heard some of sark's comments yesterday. it was hard to get a feel for where he was going. he mentioned the 33 new players that will be arriving next year as if to say that this will not be the same team at all when that happens. but he had also said when he first arrived that there was enough talent on this team to have success now. but if he does mean that this team is about to go through a massive overhaul, does this mean that next season will be a process with some ups and downs. and, more importantly, will the texas alums and fan base be patient enough to allow this process to take place?

i heard some of sark's comments yesterday. it was hard to get a feel for where he was going. he mentioned the 33 new players that will be arriving next year as if to say that this will not be the same team at all when that happens. but he had also said when he first arrived that there was enough talent on this team to have success now. but if he does mean that this team is about to go through a massive overhaul, does this mean that next season will be a process with some ups and downs. and, more importantly, will the texas alums and fan base be patient enough to allow this process to take place?
    Raises a great question.

He mos def stated he had enough talent to win now. Coming off the win in the Alamo bowl, the oline looked plausible. At this point they suck. Every single last one of them. I believe if he would've kept Ash, the defense may have had a chance. Changing everything up and THEN realizing you have a soft-minded team, that is simply OK with losing, it bodes for an adjustment.

I believe he is seeing that it will take time to get his players in, understanding schemes on both ends, and to change the mentality that losing is ok.

My problem is the defense. Bend then break sh** aint working and if he can't understand stopping the run is how you win games and start adjusting to that, he will not be here long. Truthfully, it is frustrating to see how long it takes for somebody getting paid a million dollars a year to teach defense to adjust.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Patience? This process has been going on for 11 years.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Patience? This process has been going on for 11 years.
    i meant patience with sark's "plan". if he has another bad season next year, does texas cut him loose after just two seasons?

TFloss is alive and doingwell on another board.
    Lol was kidding obv

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We should certainly be able to buy players as good or better than anyone else playing the image and likeness game.
    The SEC has a huge head start.

Nick Saban told the Texas Football HS Coaches meeting at the beginning of the year that their QB, who had never started, was makin a least 7 figures. They got this tied directly to boosters. Anyways, its just not a school fielding a team anymore. It was always headed this way, but the quantum leap has occurred.

Now then think about WHY Saban told HS Football coaches this. Coming to a HS star near you. These things have a way of filtering down. We should start seeing more and more football academies. Finance classes offered on how to handle and advertise, market advice... all for the parents and kids on image and likeness.

Neat stuff. Just like soccer in Europe. Get associated with an academy at 7 years old, tuition free. Then switch academies as necessary.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i meant patience with sark's "plan". if he has another bad season next year, does texas cut him loose after just two seasons?
    Thats easy to say when you are not responsible for picking and firing coaches.
    Part of it is clearly timing. Why cant UT find the next Ryan Day like Ohio State after they basically fired Urban Meyer? Because its damn difficult.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Thats easy to say when you are not responsible for picking and firing coaches.
    Part of it is clearly timing. Why cant UT find the next Ryan Day like Ohio State after they basically fired Urban Meyer? Because its damn difficult.
    i'm not judging texas if that is what they decide to do. i'm just looking to look at it from different angles. i mean there are two ways to look at it: one is that the overhaul needed to change the culture and the schemes within the football program, as well as to get the type of players that maximize that system, will take a couple of years to see results. the other is that this still doesn't excuse the kind of free fall that the team has seen this year. in other words, is there something else going on? (i.e. have the players quite on sark already?) if it is the latter, then i can see a firing after another bad season as justified. but, if there is progress next year, then i would think cooler heads would prevail.
    Last edited by rjv; 11-16-2021 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i'm not judging texas if that is what they decide to do. i'm just looking to look at it from different angles. i mean there are two ways to look at it: one is that the overhaul needed to change the culture and the schemes within the football program, as well as to get the type of players that maximize that system will take a couple of years to see results. the other is that this still doesn't excuse the kind of free fall that the team has seen this year. in other words, is there something else going on? (i.e. have the players quite on sark already?) if it is the latter, then i can see the a firing after another bad season as justified. but, if there is progress next year, then i would think cooler heads would prevail.
    dude. Who knows? The problems with the program are endemic. Until they figure out the root cause, ain’t no amount of coaching is going to fix the issues. People want to throw it on the coaching, but this slide has been progressively worse every year.

No doubt Tom and his staff would havs had a better record. However I am glad he is gone.

Lots of chatter about culture change etc… when you are losing you need excuses. Sark has to accept blame that he and his staff are getting out coached. Can’t blame everything on “culture”.

this is as bad as I have ever seen them play. Really sad.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lots of chatter about culture change etc… when you are losing you need excuses. Sark has to accept blame that he and his staff are getting out coached. Can’t blame everything on “culture”.

this is as bad as I have ever seen them play. Really sad.
    Bro, players are quitting on the field. How the are you supposed to coach around that?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bro, players are quitting on the field. How the are you supposed to coach around that?
    Absolutely they are.
    Its a start over.
    Supposedly the real quitters and disrupters are Herman's men. When X. Worthy and Bijan are getting absolutely crushed and teammates are looking on and clearly do NOT want to give effort (maybe out of nothing but desire to help the man next to you on your own team) its really bad.

Imo we really have to find kids who actually Love the actual game itself. Not the glory of playing at a big school in front of big crowds. This is not about allegiance to a school anymore for me. Its, you love the game? Come here and help us get better. We need you because you love the game without needing adulation. I have no idea how we will find kids that can play and actually love the game and team. Because thats what it is. Its not UT #1 crap. This is allegiance to football and you happen to come to UT.
    And I never want to hear a coach talking about building character in young men. This is now a profession. The character should already be there to play THE GAME. Its up to them in HS. Also just forget about classes that are for people who really want to learn about a variety of subjects and find their way. The already know their way. Its football. And classes should have everything to do with football. No SAT. A football test specific for a group of positions. Something like they do in the pros.

Lets just separate the two and be done with it. Its just a big fake thing. Allegiance to a school is a joke. Allegiance to the art of a sport that entertains people. Get rid of the façade. Now fans can be like the NBA and follow a certain kid through his various travels through "schools"

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Absolutely they are.
    Its a start over.
    Supposedly the real quitters and disrupters are Herman's men. When X. Worthy and Bijan are getting absolutely crushed and teammates are looking on and clearly do NOT want to give effort (maybe out of nothing but desire to help the man next to you on your own team) its really bad.

Imo we really have to find kids who actually Love the actual game itself. Not the glory of playing at a big school in front of big crowds. This is not about allegiance to a school anymore for me. Its, you love the game? Come here and help us get better. We need you because you love the game without needing adulation. I have no idea how we will find kids that can play and actually love the game and team. Because thats what it is. Its not UT #1 crap. This is allegiance to football and you happen to come to UT.
    And I never want to hear a coach talking about building character in young men. This is now a profession. The character should already be there to play THE GAME. Its up to them in HS. Also just forget about classes that are for people who really want to learn about a variety of subjects and find their way. The already know their way. Its football. And classes should have everything to do with football. No SAT. A football test specific for a group of positions. Something like they do in the pros.

Lets just separate the two and be done with it. Its just a big fake thing. Allegiance to a school is a joke. Allegiance to the art of a sport that entertains people. Get rid of the façade. Now fans can be like the NBA and follow a certain kid through his various travels through "schools"
    When did coaching become a profession?

Thread Information