Page 138 of 173 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    When did coaching become a profession?
    My bad...

"And I never want to hear a coach talking about building character in young men. This is now a profession."

The "this" I was referring to is HS players choosing a college and joining a team are now professionals. They dont need to be taught something about how this sport can "make you a man" bs. I was in the college of Natural Sciences, they did not try to teach me about adulthood and manhood. Football players are in the college of football. Same for them. And they are a step ahead, they are getting paid.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    The whole they are just kids going to school went completely out the window when the opening of the NIL.

Players want to get paid for their NIL, they need to be treated like professionals which is essentially what they are. You cant have it both ways. Oh but they are just kids. Then dont play for a Power 5 conference school hoping for a payday and not excepting giant pressure on you to perform.

So many of these ing players have just flat out QUIT out there. I wish Sark could just release them all from their scholarships and be done with this mess. Find walk ons to play the rest of the season, it.

My question is if players are quiting during the game, then why are they still starting. Lose with someone who wantsto play.

I agree. I don’t think they are quitting so much, as they have lost confidence. They don’t believe in the system. I’m not so sure I believe in the system either.
    i wonder how Card could have beat out Casey to start the season. Casey is clearly the better qb now.
    Sark ain’t going nowhere for a year or two, but he is partly responsible for this mess too.

Offense is ok I have zero confidence in PK defense. Cannot stop the run in so many games. Still same old defense no adjustments, no change in lineup except for injuries.

Offense didn’t look too good against Iowa state. And we got way behind to Kansas behind multiple offensive turnovers
    also, first 4 games of this losing streak offense has been terrible in second half. Flat ass terrible
    Last edited by Billybass; 11-18-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Agree offense has sputtered at times. A lot of it is Casey's thumb. Several games they scored enough points to win,Defense let them down.

defense it same sameo only excuse is Jones injury and that is a poor one. beat W Virg.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    casey repeatedly throwing the ball directly to defenders at bad times doesn't help, but sure blame his thumb, oline, defense and coaches for everything, it can't possibly have anything to do with his poor reads

The last interception, I believe sark stated Worthy was supposed to cross the face of the defender. Casey has been bad, serviceable and good to great, in certain halves. Card just isn't ready

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    casey repeatedly throwing the ball directly to defenders at bad times doesn't help, but sure blame his thumb, oline, defense and coaches for everything, it can't possibly have anything to do with his poor reads
    This started to occur more often in later games. We should expect a certain amount of this from a 1st year starter. Its just exacerbated when other teams find out they can load the line and kill Bijan and also play kill the QB. yes you are not going to be as good as teams figure out where your team is headed and that they are very limited.

You actually think we could play OU the same way we played them the first time?
    They would absolutely destroy us.

The point is the team has gotten very bad instead of improving. Casey is a part of that, and it seems to me after the number of hits and scrambles he has taken it was going to end up here for a 1st year starter. In the OK St. game he got absolutely crushed and tried to come back on. bad move. This is NOT Sam Ehilinger with an arm still intact. I wonder if the Manning's want their son to be a starter with this kind of OL and one receiver with zero running game.... sure... persish the thought.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The last interception, I believe sark stated Worthy was supposed to cross the face of the defender. Casey has been bad, serviceable and good to great, in certain halves. Card just isn't ready
    Worthy is a true freshman, hobbled, and relied upon to make all the big plays now.
    I give him a pass. Casey to Worthy is the default "help, we cant make plays on offense"
    1st year starters without a good OL... thats just a disaster that was going to happen.

And also put me on the side of some players absolutely giving up. Thats not helpful either. New coach, things have fallen apart. Lets blaming each other begin. Some guys dont want to play football for this team right now. Its understandable. I think they know it but you dont want to tell your parents, and coaches, that this just is not fun. You make a cameo, and its easy to see imo. There are some obvious players on D. Loss of confidence adds to the appearance of just really not wanting to the game imo. You can also just get frustrated on the field and get a 15 yarder and have a sit; make it easier. Small things become unimportant when you feel the entire ship is sinking.

Caseydoes have a hurt thumb
    offense line is bad.
    Defense is terrible.
    Defense coaching leaves a lot to be desired
    All this is true and cannot be denied.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Not sure why I am punishing myself watching this.

My Team
    Oregon State Beavers
    Post Count
    Why does Texas suck? I don’t get it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    casey is so bad

yet some people think he should be absolved of all blame

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Why does Texas suck? I don’t get it.
    in a nuts , once things got hard and they lost a couple games, hermans recruits completely gave up on sark

10641664[/URL]]in a nuts , once things got hard and they lost a couple games, hermans recruits completely gave up on sark

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    i love how the refs just watched Card get thrown excessively down after the pass and didn't throw a flag

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I had to dig for this gem.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I had to dig for this gem.
    That’s nice.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'm still laughing at "Ackers" too

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    where is Vito Corleone

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On one play three dudes got hurt
    This team
    This season
    A nightmare

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Probably with a paper bag on his head like the rest of us.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Probably with a paper bag on his head like the rest of us.
    We show up each week to get pounded not only by our team, but by other fans.
    So I give us an SM for self mutilation. Something is very wrong with me for watching this.

But hey, we sorta had a running game against a WV team in free fall like we are.
    And I got to watch our defensive linemen roll around on the ground again like giant fat people with nothing to lean on to hold them upright.

"Wow we got 2 or so sacks on them. Against a QB who waited 6 1/2 hours for the pocket to collapse on him, all initiated by a group of paraplegic hippos."
    WV is pretty damn bad themselves.

Thread Information