Page 149 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is probably why Nahlin is feeling more confident with Harris.

Would he go to Florida with him?
    247 says he has an offer. Would Raymond personally recruit him because this was made clear in the youtubes I watched on Harris? He loves Raymond.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Anyone...

Is Perroni just a cheerleader or known for getting things correct despite who he roots for?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Aggie site said Harris just got Fonged as well...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Casey did not step up into a pocket collapsing in the middle." basically your idiotic stance.
    When the kid has already been hit too much and has no blocking and no running game.
    literally not

I have repeatedly said the oline was bad

but it's ridiculous to put basically all the blame on the line

the QBs, RBs and coaches all deserve blame too

Harris has in home with Sark on Friday. A&M has already used theirs with Jimbo.

Nahlin from IT says he is sticking with Harris to Texas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Man I hope you guys are correct.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Casey did not step up into a pocket collapsing in the middle." basically your idiotic stance.
    When the kid has already been hit too much and has no blocking and no running game.

You think Ewers would want to be behind that line... ? There would be zero hesitation on his part if he knew we could block and he had a chance to throw with a running game. We need to convince him it will be better (I dont think it can be much worse)
    Casey rarely stepped up in the pocket to avoid pressure, we saw this multiple times. It's not an idiotic stance.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Casey rarely stepped up in the pocket to avoid pressure, we saw this multiple times. It's not an idiotic stance.
    As I stated before, he stepped into the pocket in the OK st. game, got crushed, and then got happy feet. I watched it myself at the game and multiple times on the big board. And that is not the only time. I dont see how you expect a first year starter to get acquainted with a pocket that is so porous. This is a mental problem that was clearly there, but not without understanding. Also when he did actually step into a pocket that was present, he got the ball hit from arms from the side because this was now an unusually small pocket. So Casey absolutely did retreat straight back on occasions when receivers were not open, which happened quite often except for Worthy. Its understandable to me with an OL that awful. Majors was out of his element against strong DTs. And our guards not foot quick enough. Especially Imade although he had a good last game.

this was of course IN the long winded statement that neo did not read.

This of course then leads to questions about how we were able and then unable to run the ball as the year went on especially (2n half) evident in the Arkansas and OK st game. When this occurs it was basically very difficult to do much of anything after halftime and adjustments by the opponent. Bijan got absolutely hammered. The shifty powerful Heisman candidate was reduced to making stutter steps iin the backfield. These are both connected to the OL. Its is a vicious feedback imo especially when our QBs are getting destroyed, and yes partially from fear (mental) the pocket will collapse.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-09-2021 at 11:00 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    As I stated before, he stepped into the pocket in the OK st. game, got crushed, and then got happy feet. I watched it myself at the game and multiple times on the big board. And that is not the only time. I dont see how you expect a first year starter to get acquainted with a pocket that is so porous. This is a mental problem that was clearly there, but not without understanding. Also when he did actually step into a pocket that was present, he got the ball hit from arms from the side because this was now an unusually small pocket. So Casey absolutely did retreat straight back on occasions when receivers were not open, which happened quite often except for Worthy. Its understandable to me with an OL that awful. Majors was out of his element against strong DTs. And our guards not foot quick enough. Especially Imade although he had a good last game.

this was of course IN the long winded statement that neo did not read.
    the problem is you think that we are saying the problem is solved if he simply steps up. that's not what we are saying whatsoever. if you look back at what initiated this, it was a comment by an insider who also believes that while the line was bad, it was exaggerated a bit too due to other factors. I believe three of the main factors are 1) Casey's lousy pocket presence 2) the RBs often doing a miserable job of blocking 3) the coaching staff sometimes continuing to call plays that would play right into the defenses gameplan

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I feel like I am getting drug back into believing based on recruiting...
    Addiction is a cruel mistress.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nahlin- Visit couldn't have gone any better. Will visit both Aggy and Texas on Saturday.

Let's just say both qbs were terrible at avoiding pressure. If you watch the film, Card only escapes right.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the problem is you think that we are saying the problem is solved if he simply steps up. that's not what we are saying whatsoever. if you look back at what initiated this, it was a comment by an insider who also believes that while the line was bad, it was exaggerated a bit too due to other factors. I believe three of the main factors are 1) Casey's lousy pocket presence 2) the RBs often doing a miserable job of blocking 3) the coaching staff sometimes continuing to call plays that would play right into the defenses gameplan
    And I believe that the OL was the biggest problem, that exacerbated the lack of QB experience and lack of WR that could actually get open (X being the exception). The RB picking up stunts and blitzes was bad. But I believe the lack of the ability to run exposed as the season went on is also ignored and is also on the o line. And overall shows the lack of strength at the center position, the lack of quick feet for our guards. And we just did not have real offensive tackles playing that position with the exception of Jones, who just seem to get worse.
    With Casey at QB and a good offensive line we might have been able to hold onto the ball more with Bijan imo. Then the threat of Bijan opens up the passing game. Our QBs are just not high quality. Thus we hope we get Ewers and hope he will be. I see Casey starting next year, and if we get Ewers, bringing him in and working him into a starter as the season progresses. Small steps.

We are all after the same thing so I dont mind disagreements. They do make me watch more recorded games at night though. And its not pleasant.

And we could really use transfer help as good as Anderson from Rice.
    BTW I see Anderson has started twice at Denver, once at LT and once at RT due to injury of 1st teamer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Let's just say both qbs were terrible at avoiding pressure. If you watch the film, Card only escapes right.
    And yep thats what most limited college Qbs do with that hand.
    And yes they absolutely were and they got a lot of it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nahlin- Visit couldn't have gone any better. Will visit both Aggy and Texas on Saturday.
    I think Aggy had two true FR starters on the O line so maybe this helps us?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Devon Campell not visiting Georgia this weekend, per 24/7. (The Fong)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OL Devon Campell not visiting Georgia this weekend, per 24/7. (The Fong)
    oh thank you...

Thread Information