Page 17 of 173 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2022 TE CJ Hawkins (Tampa, FL)

https://247sports.com/player/cj-hawkins-46111840/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2023 OL Chase Bisontis (Ramsey, NJ)

https://247sports.com/player/chase-bisontis-46094695/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas extends an offer to 2022 DT Bishop Thomas (Orlando, FL)

https://247sports.com/player/bishop-thomas-46111702/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7

—Director of High School Relations Chris Gilbert is now officially on the job at Texas and met with leadership from the Texas High School Coaches Association. Gilbert was a member of the Region 3 Board of Directors for the THSCA when he was hired at Texas. Sarkisian and Gilbert were pictured with THSCA Executive Director Joe Martin and Assistant Executive Director Glen West. In talking to sources at several Texas high schools and others within the THSCA, Steve Sarkisian has been very well-received so far. His first meeting with the THSCA went extremely well, and hiring Gilbert was another great move to ingratiate himself with the Texas coaches. So far, the reviews have been strong and I was told that there’s a lot of faith in Sarkisian going forward. Where the Texas job can be a pressure cooker for many, Sark’s time at USC and Alabama prepared him well for a high-pressure environment.

—Speaking of Gilbert, it’s been an all-hands-on-deck approach for Texas recruiting and Gilbert has been involved. In the past, Bob Shipley didn’t seem to be involved a ton in the day-to-day recruiting operation for Tom Herman, but several high school coaches have told me that Gilbert has been involved with a number of prospects. While Gilbert doesn’t serve as a primary recruiter for anyone, several high school coaches told me he’s been working the phones to connect with other coaches in the state in order to reach kids or parents. Gilbert is an incredible relationship builder and universally liked within the state of Texas, so consider him another weapon for Texas on the recruiting trail.

—I’m told the mood around the team can best be described as “refreshing.” Maybe it was the shadow over the program with Tom Herman’s job constantly in question over the last two years, but it sounds like the change in leadership has been a breath of fresh air. One source told me that the staff is coming together in a very cohesive manner quickly. One source told me they were impressed with the overall knowledge and work ethic of the coaches and support staff members. While there are some big resumes in the coach’s office, there doesn’t seem to be any big ego right now. Coaches tend to take their cues from the head coach, and I’ve been told by several people that Sark is a regular and approachable guy.

—When Tom Herman first got to Texas, he remarked that he hadn’t watched any film on his team and wasn’t effusive in his praise of the talent on the roster. I was told that the staff likes the roster they have and feel they have a chance to get a lot out of them come this fall. So far, several members of the team have impressed the staff with their work ethic in the offseason and they feel they are getting strong leadership from several members of the team. It also helps that some of the most talented players on the roster are leading the way in those workouts. It’s too early to gauge buy-in, but I haven’t heard very many negatives from the team since the new staff arrived and workouts started.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Speed kills and this kid has speed to burn, we need guys like him. I'm not sure if we are taking 2 or 3 more but we need a couple of track freaks to make this offense go. I really want him and the Coleman kid from St Louis.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Speed kills and this kid has speed to burn, we need guys like him. I'm not sure if we are taking 2 or 3 more but we need a couple of track freaks to make this offense go. I really want him and the Coleman kid from St Louis.
    There is a glimmer of hope with Thompson. Clemson in a cost cutting move is trying to cancel their men's track program. I believe it's currently in court. You'd think this would be a deterrent for a serious track athlete like Thompson, but I'm sure Dabo knows exactly how to spin it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is a glimmer of hope with Thompson. Clemson in a cost cutting move is trying to cancel their men's track program. I believe it's currently in court. You'd think this would be a deterrent for a serious track athlete like Thompson, but I'm sure Dabo knows exactly how to spin it.
    That is an interesting development. What is the state of the Texas track program, I know it's not going anywhere but it's been a long time since I've heard of anyone special coming out of it. Seems we are behind both aggy and blOwU when it comes to track.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Luck to him where ever he winds up. Only bad part is no ship opens up as he is a super senior

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Former 5'star Linebacker Ben Davis grad transfer from Alabama to Texas.

DE and linebacker have gone from a position of weakness to positions of strength almost overnight.

What is up with Davis? One minute he is coming to Texas next he back on Alabamaroster.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What is up with Davis? One minute he is coming to Texas next he back on Alabamaroster.
    Taking the highest bidder right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Taking the highest bidder right now.
    Christ...

Just enter the frkn draft or walk into a pro camp.
    They will know him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes sir!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas

OT Kelvin Banks, Summer Creek (Humble, TX): One of the biggest needs in the class, IT feels he’s been close to shutting things down at times. The more compe ive the recruitment, the harder it is to close out.

Biggest compe ion: A&M, LSU, OU

EN: 80%. I’m not so worried about LSU or OU, but I think A&M is worth paying attention to.
    GH: 70%. Texas A&M is a threat, and LSU was the leader during the season.
    JW: 80%. If he didn’t have a de-commit under his belt already (Oklahoma State), he might already be in the class.

OL Devon Campbell, Bowie (Arlington, TX): The elite interior prospect has long been a fan of the Horns.

Biggest compe ion: OU

EN: 85%. It’s a tale of two timelines: we feel Campbell would personally like to choose but his family wants him to be sure of his decision and wait.
    GH: 80%. The longer it plays out, the more opportunity there is for an upset.
    JW: 85%. Austin might be one of the only schools he’s visited. He’s low key and prefers Kyle Flood’s recruiting and playing style.

DL Kris Ross, North Shore (Houston, TX): The athletic d-lineman is deciding soon.

Biggest compe ion: USC

EN: 85%. Ross got the offer he wanted, then a couple other nice ones to make it a wee bit interesting.
    GH: 80%. Only way Texas doesn’t win this one is if they get Hussle’d.
    JW: 80%. Bo knows recruiting. Kris would Warm Up this class on March 23rd.

DB Bryce Anderson, West Brook (Beaumont, TX): Bry name is versatility. He’d get his first look at corner then move in.

Biggest compe ion: A&M

EN: 85%. This would be a big jolt to instate leadership in the class, not to mention the overall talent.
    GH: 89%. Just wanted to have the highest % here.
    JW: 88%. Seeing other schools currently push is only more confirmation of Orange house.

DB Jacoby Mathews, Ponchatoula (Ponchatoula, LA)

Biggest compe ion: Florida, LSU

EN: 70%. Florida feels good, but still wonders if he’d leave Louisiana. LSU is a mess right now, and it could get messier. Texas would prefer UF to be concerned about LSU.
    GH: 70%. Trending for Texas, but this is still reeling in a high level SEC prospect out of the Pelican State.
    JW: 72%. Wildcard with five-star abilities. This is a guy that Mack Brown used to snag in the 2000s and cut loose on defense.

CB Terrance Brooks, John Paul II (Plano, TX): Maybe the most underrated player in the state, and perhaps nation.

Biggest compe ion: Alabama, Notre Dame, OU

EN: 75%. Gerry is absolutely right, I just happen to feel good about where Texas stands in each regard.
    GH: 51%. This recruitment will come down to coach relationships, and presenting a clear picture on how Brooks will be used in a scheme. Alabama is recruiting him at corner, as is Texas.
    JW: 60%. Texas vs. the Field.

CB Denver Harris, North Shore (Houston, TX): Elite corner, must-get, etc.

Biggest compe ion: Alabama

EN: 60%. Shades of the Anthony Cook recruitment, a recruitment Texas won with a lesser staff. Still, it’s Bama, so you pay close attention to every move.
    GH: 50%. Nick Saban just hired an analyst that played at North Shore. The G.O.A.T. is positioning himself to upset Texas, and beating out Bo Davis, Jeff Banks and Sark for a Houston area premium position prospect would about equal winning an SEC le for Saban.
    JW: 65%. Bama might be sexy, but Texas is still closer to home. That’ll matter.

WR Chris Marshall, Marshall (Missouri City, TX): Bigger receiver with small-man traits and natural hands.

Biggest compe ion: A&M

EN: 25%. The longer it goes the more UT will have a chance. I’m not truly interested unless he visits campus.
    GH: 30%. The chance to be the next Caleb Chapman is too tough to pass up. Make no mistake, Texas wants this guy.
    JW: 25%. While he contends he’s wide open, Texas A&M has some confidence here.

LB Harold Perkins, Cy-Park (Cypress, TX): Uncommonly athletic linebacker.

Biggest compe ion: The SEC West

EN: 20%. Market demands often drive the craziness and Perkins is a scarce resource on a late timeline. Everything over the next handful of months is just jockeying for position.
    GH: 35%. Jeff Banks will have Texas in this one. That’s about as far as I can see right now.
    JW: 25%. If UT’s C/O 2022 keeps ascending up the charts, Perkins’ interest in the Horns will as well.

OL Kam Dewberry, Atascosita (Humble, TX): Exceedingly high floor G/T with every offer in the book.

Biggest compe ion: OU and A&M

EN: 55%. I’m predicting a big move for Texas throughout the rest of the cycle. Flood will need to put a good product on the field, if he does, this percentage could shoot way up. My feeling is Dewberry ends up at the school that wins the instate arms race.
    GH: 45%. The rumors of a silent commit are flat out wrong. This one will play out a while. He wants Ohio State, but parents want closer to home.
    JW: 58%. Six months ago, my percentage would be in the 20-25% range. From the O-line factory at Atascosita, he’s a prime example of good hires leading to momentum.

WR Kevin Coleman, St. Mary’s (St. Louis, MO)

Biggest compe ion: Alabama

EN: 25%. Texas desperately needs a visit for Coleman to connect with an offensive-minded head coach who also happened to be the architect of the record setting offense of the school he’s competing against. “Coach Saban’s great, he’ll turn you into a first round corner for sure. You really can’t go wrong.”
    GH: 35%. Sark gives Texas a chance. Saban would love to beat Sark on a top WR.
    JW: 20%. There’s some Maalik appeal here, but Alabama is turning into WRU and that alone gives them the best odds.

DL/EDGE Ernest Cooper, Martin (Arlington, TX)

Biggest compe ion: Stanford

EN: 25%. Texas needs TEAM GAMER FOOD (TOO SOON, but I hope they’re all dead) to hack his transcripts while still keeping them Texas good.
    GH: 35%. If he was an OL it would be 0%.
    JW: 20%. Call it Stanford PTSD, but Cooper strikes me as an out-of-state guy. However, the Texas influence in the Martin locker room is only getting stronger.

WR Jordan Hudson, Garland (Garland, TX) - Oklahoma

Biggest compe ion: OU

EN: 45%. Flip the bottle blonde and this shoots up.
    GH: 40%. Hudson remains engaged in convos with the Texas staff, and his mom likes that he’s open to Texas.
    JW: 42%. Billy Bowman-for-Jordan Hudson, straight up? I’ll take it.

RB Jamarion Miller, Tyler Legacy (Tyler, TX)

Biggest compe ion: OU and Alabama

EN: 40%. My read is UT won’t push like it needs to because he’s viewed as redundant to Blue.
    GH: 45%. Alabama offer always knocks down the % for a team.
    JW: 65%. Texas and Miller remain solid, but curious how long the Horns wait on its second RB take of 2022.

QB Quinn Ewers, Carroll (Southlake, TX) - Ohio State

Biggest compe ion: Ohio State

EN: 51%. The biggest compe ion is really within Quinn himself.
    GH: Going with Rhett Bomar’s career completion % vs. Texas. 36.4%
    JW: One percentage point higher than Eric and Gerry’s. It’ll be the national story of the cycle.

We will add more to this issue, including info on the football team as well as basketball recruiting.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^

Thanks for this.
    This is one is a keeper for referencing.

Do all sources really believe Quinn is that torn between Texas and OSU? I figured we’d quit hearing about our connection and chances with him but seems that everyone thinks we still have a real shot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information