Page 3 of 173 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Murphy received a CB to Texas, the first vote cast for him (from Tom Loy)
    He is trying to make it to campus for a visit next week

Here he is with Armani Winfield (who committed to us back on January 12th)
    Last edited by Juan Grande; 02-09-2021 at 07:19 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The QB recruitments for this class is getting pretty interesting. You can’t wait on Ewers forever....wait... yes you can, but my point is Murphy being apart of this class is becoming more and more a possibility by the hour. And I don’t know how to feel about it at the moment with no high school live reps.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count

Here he is with Armani Winfield (who committed to us back on January 12th)
    Yes!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

3 crystal balls today

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The QB recruitments for this class is getting pretty interesting. You can’t wait on Ewers forever....wait... yes you can, but my point is Murphy being apart of this class is becoming more and more a possibility by the hour. And I don’t know how to feel about it at the moment with no high school live reps.
    Ewers could have JUST decomitted.
    But he went Ohio St. He must really like something there, correct?
    All this stuff about him being like Sam and UT for life when he had to know changes would be made... just wait. But he and whomever advised him did not. So hes gone imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 Texas' Nick Harris is confirming the Murphy visit

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Johnson is one of the CBs to Texas from today (Mike Roach)

TFB also said he is close to announcing. They say we made Johnson "a priority."

This guy has the speed needed in the Big 12. ESPN has him as a 4-star but 247 a 3. He will be a consensus high 4 once they all see his film
    http://www.hudl.com/v/2EVLjM
    Last edited by Juan Grande; 02-10-2021 at 08:09 AM.

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    It sounds like Murphy will be our QB commit for 2022. Hard to be disappointed with a 5 star QB commit after losing Ewers.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think almost every QB Sark has coached has made it to the league so I'm not worried about who is our signal caller. The can pick'em and coach Em up. Hope Ewers is happy with his choice, I have a feeling we will be facing him in the coming years. Well that is the hope, that we will be on an upward trajectory moving forward. Getting a few 5'stars will aid in that matter.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per OrangeBloods, LB Trevell Johnson will be committing this weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Didn't see this posted....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Re: Murphy

If Murphy commits, very possible CJ Williams commits as well.

Here's the problem, we have Whitfield, possibly CJ Williams, maybe have Evan Stewart.

You have Brennan Thompson, CJ Marshall, Kevin Coleman, etc. Out there they may want to come as well... who do you turn down. We have, what maybe 2 seniors in Josh Moore and Schooler?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This is more video of Murphy that is about a year later than what I posted above
    You can see his improvement in some fundamentals, including the footwork.
    Should cue to about 2:33

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from Gerry Hamilton

Should Murphy pick Texas, the Longhorns staff will likely look to add Mater Dei wide receiver C.J. Williams and versatile ATH Larry Turner-Gooden into the fold out of California. The near 6-foot-2, 195-pound Williams is among the very best possession receiver prospects in the 2022 class with better short area quickness than speed, while Turner-Gooden is a terrific defensive back prospect that could also get a serious look at receiver. The 5-foot-11 Turner-Gooden has an exceptional wingspan at his height of 77-inches, along with a sub 4.2 laser shuttle.

Turner-Gooden sounds like a goodun speed kills.

Here's the problem, we have Whitfield, possibly CJ Williams, maybe have Evan Stewart.

You have Brennan Thompson, CJ Marshall, Kevin Coleman, etc. Out there they may want to come as well... who do you turn down. We have, what maybe 2 seniors in Josh Moore and Schooler?
    Schooler doescount vs 85. And Moore could return under new rules.As for as WRS take the first to commit and let the rest think about what could have been.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I'm pretty sure Bama, Ohio State and Oklahoma is going to get a few also so don't think our new found coaching staff has the market cornered on offense. Sadly we will be lucky to pull 2 of these guys much less 3 or more.

My biggest hope is we can get some 5'star offensive linemen to start to jump into the mix. Then I'll feel a lot better about this class.

I'm pretty sure Bama, Ohio State and Oklahoma is going to get a few also so don't think our new found coaching staff has the market cornered on offense. Sadly we will be lucky to pull 2 of these guys much less 3 or more.

My biggest hope is we can get some 5'star offensive linemen to start to jump into the mix. Then I'll feel a lot better about this class.
    Or multiple lineman... I feel ya. I want speed at WR though

Smith and Whittington arent slow.t Class might be smaller than some expect 2 maybe 3 might end up WR commits if that many.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Everything I've read points to 27 to 28 being how many we will sign in the 2022 cycle.

Thread Information