Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach:

— Five-star offensive lineman Devon Campbell confirmed with me tonight that he would attend the Texas spring game this weekend. This is obviously great news coming just two weeks after Campbell and his uncle took a self-guided trip to Austin. As I reported a few weeks ago, Campbell plans to make several unofficial visits to Texas throughout the year in addition to an official trip in either the summer or fall. Texas remains in an excellent spot for the elite guard prospect, and getting him back to Austin this weekend is an incredibly positive sign.

— I spoke with Maalik Murphy tonight who is booked for a return to Austin this weekend along with his quarterback trainer Danny Hernandez. Murphy is coming off of a shortened junior spring season where he got some valuable game reps. Now that he's headed into his senior year, Murphy has all eyes forward to make sure he can make the most of it before enrolling in school. Murphy said he plans to do some recruiting with the other prospects on campus this weekend and he's recently been texting with guys like Campbell to try and build the 2022 class.

— 2023 DeSoto WR Johntay Cook is a maybe for the game. He'd like to make it but he has a track meet that might interfere with the ability to visit. The same can be said for Rueben Owens. The lone commit in the 2023 class has a track meet that will interfere with his visit as well. There's a report that 2023 quarterback Arch Manning will also be in attendance. We have not confirmed if that's the case or not but we are checking on that. We thought that if he was visiting, Owens would be along with him. The two have been growing a bond as Owens has been trying to get him to Austin and Owens recently spent the day with Manning after traveling to New Orleans for a 7v7 tournament.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TFB mentioned yesterday that Arch Manning should be in attendance for the Spring Game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Free

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Free

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas

Early list of recruits headed to Austin for Saturday’s spring game, A&M pledge set to see UT, and the first 2024 offer. Enjoy the evening news.

Spring Game visitors list:

Devon Campbell, Arlington Bowie
    BJ Allen, Aledo (TEXAS)
    Maalik Murphy, Junipero Serra (CA) (TEXAS)
    Trevell Johnson, Arlington Martin (TEXAS)
    Armani Winfield, Lewisville (TEXAS) (maybe)
    Jordan Renaud, Lewisville (2023)

We anticipate this list could grow over the next few days, and there are a few names we're still confirming. We might also see some players just wait until the dead period is lifted in June.

DL Anthony James, Wylie East (2023) (A&M):

Catching up with the junior-to-be defensive lineman and current A&M commit, a trip to Austin is in the works for June 18th.

That's the big weekend where most of UT's commit and top targets will trip to Texas. James, who holds 12 offers including Oregon, Florida State, Oklahoma State, and Arizona State, was offered by the previous Texas staff.

Now, UT's new coaches want to get to know James.

"Just stay honest with me and I'll be honest with them," said James, about talking to the UT staff. "We are just getting started building the relationship. I know what Coach Giles wanted, but can't wait to see why (Texas) wants to recruit me.”

James is familiar with the area, and lived in Austin for a good portion of his life.

“I lived there for six years and my grandmother lives there now," said James. "It's nothing new I haven't seen. I just want to get face-time with the coaches and see the campus.”

He might hit College Station for an unofficial in June, and says Oregon is really recruiting him the hardest right now. If anything, getting an A&M pledge to visit Austin in mid-June is a win.

RB/ATH Jason Brown Jr, O'Dea HS (Seattle, WA) (2024):

The 5-foot-10, 180-pound freshman sensation picked up a big offer last week. The University of Texas came calling and extended him the verbal invitation.

It makes five offers for the Seattle native, including Washington, USC, Utah, and Nevada.

“It’s been a blessing to see a school as big as Texas showing interest in me," Brown said. "It's amazing and I’m really excited to prove to the coaches that I can play at a high level.”

It's so early for Brown to have any schools separating, and he just enjoys the attention from each staff.

“Right now, I’d love to see all of them," said Brown. "What each university has to offer and what feel the school gives me. I’m in disbelief that I have these opportunities so early, so I’m going to take advantage of it.”

Texas has some roots from the state of Washington, and used them to get in on the ground early for the talented tailback.

“The offer is beyond words, like I said earlier, it’s a blessing to have a school like Texas have such confidence in me," Brown explained. "Just having a conversation with the coaches, they seem really genuine and respect my game. I’m excited and I can’t wait to see their production this year.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Updated rankings 24/7

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    IT reporting CB Denver Harris will be attending the Spring Game on Saturday.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Troy will get to play a little on Saturday too.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Illinois State transfer DL John Ridgeway reported a Texas offer

Post Count
    IT reporting CB Denver Harris will be attending the Spring Game on Saturday.
    WOW, times flies. I can't believe the Spring Game is already here.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Per Roach, DL Zac Swanson is on campus and will attend the Spring game tomorrow.

https://247sports.com/Player/Zac-Swanson-46097105/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information