Page 80 of 173 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    This one makes me very happy. The aerospace engineer and top student who chose the school based on an academic program can transfer his ability to learn on to the football field. Based on what Sarkisian has stated he needs kids that are smart in football. Hopefully this was more than one or two good days starting with the ABCs. Our offensive line people have played, nothing that new, so the guys with experience are just going to get better. This requires us to believe they can get better, this is not easy

Asking the receivers to learn everything but use their own special abilities to win one on ones requires the players on recognition of what he is good at AND, "now you are on a new spot on the field to start with, get open, you know about where you should be, dont let the position on the field confuse you." I like it. The receivers absolutely should understand what a play call means for the qB, as called, and as it unfolds.

Freshman OL Hayden Conner on the other hand, is one of the most coachable OL I've ever seen at Texas. Tell that guy something once, it's a steel trap in his brain. I want to reiterate that I am very high on Conner as a future key contributor and a seriously important immediate depth piece

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas

Real quickly with an assist from Gerry.

Defensive back Chris Adimora has made the switch from nickel to free safety behind BJ Foster. The move was made possible by Jerrin Thompson not only moving to nickel but looking comfortable at the position. Je. Thompsons is fluid in coverage, more so than Adimora, and while he might not be as physical, he’s no slouch when it comes to taking on bigger players.

Overall the secondary is looking good and deep. One source said there isn’t much drop off across the board from the first and second team. Second team consists of Kitan Crawford, Jahdae Barron or Darion Dunn, Adimora, Tyler Owens, and Anthony Cook.

The DB’s are benefiting from the DL and vice versa.

D-tackle is proving to be a real strength. Keondre Coburn in particular has been giving guys the business and it doesn’t matter if he’s going against Jake Majors, Junior Angilau, or a center/guard combo. Moro Ojomo was also mentioned, as was Alfred Collins (2nd team) and Byron Murphy. It’s good to hear Murphy’s name mentioned outside of player driven practices. So far so good whether playing the run or getting after the quarterback.

The feeling is Bo Davis is making strides with this group.

The d-line is often in a traditional four-man front with both OLB’s having their hands in the ground. The XOLB, Ray Thornton, still drops some, but he also lines up as a 4-tech at times too.

Freshman wide receiver, Xavier Worthy, is repping with the ones. He’s playing inside and outside, and is often on the field with Jordan Whittington at the same time.

Though the o-line has had its hands full with the d-line, the offensive tackles are showing some fight. When asked who the best o-lineman was in camp so far, IT heard either Derek Kerstetter or Christian Jones.

One point of concern so far in camp is blocking from the tight end position. IT has heard Jared Wiley isn’t 100% healthy. We’re not sure how much of a contributing factor that is, as he struggled blocking in the spring as well.

Today is an off day after a pretty fast paced four day stretch. Practice resumes tomorrow morning.

I look for OL Connor to contribute before season is over. Commited to Texas and then slowly slid down the charts.

If they need a TE who can block give him a try.

I’m hoping JaTavion can learn to block. I know that a lot of the skill of blocking is want to, but he is big enough, and if he learns to block, he will be the ultimate weapon.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Heard anything about a jacoby Mathews visit ?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Unreal. Baylor.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Won’t have to hear about Baylor for too much longer.

Unreal. Baylor.
    Yep. I won’t miss their perpetual bull

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Won’t have to hear about Baylor for too much longer.
    You won't. I probably will.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Heard anything about a jacoby Mathews visit ?
    Texas is still recruiting him... sounds like he may visit in the fall..... Or he is trying to increase his net worth...

Post Count
    Inside Texas

Real quickly with an assist from Gerry.

Defensive back Chris Adimora has made the switch from nickel to free safety behind BJ Foster. The move was made possible by Jerrin Thompson not only moving to nickel but looking comfortable at the position. Je. Thompsons is fluid in coverage, more so than Adimora, and while he might not be as physical, he’s no slouch when it comes to taking on bigger players.
    Boy I forgot BJ Foster was even on the team. He was the player I was most excited about his freshman year but he really disappeared last season.

Texas is still recruiting him... sounds like he may visit in the fall..... Or he is trying to increase his net worth...
    he decommitted from LSU, so if we can get him on campus, we might have a shot. It would be a of a pickup.

Boy I forgot BJ Foster was even on the team. He was the player I was most excited about his freshman year but he really disappeared last season.
    I belive he was hurt most of the year.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I thought I read he had a serious hip injury..

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Well if BJ is back and healthy then that is pretty exciting for the secondary.

Thread Information