Page 92 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 4323
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Swapping in Thompson when the game isn’t quite over seems dumb. Card was looking really comfortable.
    Eh, they are done. That defense is tired and they are getting mauled by that Oline

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well its over now

Post Count
    Louisiana defense looks exhausted... The score doesn't reflect how much Texas is winning on the field so that's a positive.

Post Count
    Swapping in Thompson when the game isn’t quite over seems dumb. Card was looking really comfortable.
    IMO, they are both very interchangeable at the moment. Slight edge for Card because he can really thread the needle on some of those short passes into heavy traffic.

Post Count
    Iowa St struggling against Northern Iowa
    OU only beat Tulane by 5... at Home.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Might be some sympathy bowl in that game. I'll wait until next week to pass judgment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Dude is made of rubber.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the tackling on that play was pathetic. but otherwise, a very solid game and the general coaching looks infinitely better than it's been in a long time

and I don't believe they are going to show all their cards this early either, gotta save some stuff for OU and conference play. it's just nice to see them easily beat a non conference opponent they should be easily beating.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Should have been 2, but the Tulane coach made a bone head move to go for it on 4th and long at the end of the 1st half. That gifted OU with a 57 yd FG. Without those 3 points....Tulane only needs a FG to take the lead very late in the game.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the game today. I am pleased with the effort on both sides. My only 2 issues, and hopefully it is just cause it is the first game, too much penetration by the LA defensive front 7 and lack of turnovers forced.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the tackling on that play was pathetic. but otherwise, a very solid game and the general coaching looks infinitely better than it's been in a long time

and I don't believe they are going to show all their cards this early either, gotta save some stuff for OU and conference play. it's just nice to see them easily beat a non conference opponent they should be easily beating.
    They aren't terrible tbh. One loss team that returned most of its starters. Beating a team like this handily at the start of a whole new era is encouraging.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    There's my turnover.

All these penalties are passing me off.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Next week's menu........pulled pork sandwiches, baby back ribs, BLTs, and chicharones

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    They aren't terrible tbh. One loss team that returned most of its starters. Beating a team like this handily at the start of a whole new era is encouraging.
    oh i agree. louisiana definitely isnt terrible at all. but it was clear from the outset that the talent of texas is far superior (as is the case with most teams they play). im with you, it was really nice to see them not play down to their opponents level.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That was a good win-last year Sam prolly has to pull it out at the end.

Not sure the defense can hold a good team.

Encouraging start

Post Count
    This is the first time in a very long time I've watched a UT game and not second guessed play calls almost all game long. It's refreshing.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    Good win against a good team.

Just one game, but it looks like we got us a coach

Post Count
    Just one game, but it looks like we got us a coach
    He hired a good staff. I like Herman but he put himself behind the 8 ball quickly with some questionable hires when he began his time at Texas.

Post Count
    Congrats to UTSA for beating Illinois after Illinois just beat Nebraska last week.

Coach Traylor gonna be making some big money soon. Hopefully not at LSU

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Does adding the four teams to the Big XII affect/change the date UT goes to the SEC?

Post Count
    Does adding the four teams to the Big XII affect/change the date UT goes to the SEC?
    I don't think so. Could be a year that the Big XII plays with 14 teams.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    The OL play is a bit worrisome. Too many penalties, too much pressure on Card, and few quality run lanes for the RBs. I know it is just the first game in a new system, but the OL really struggled. Our offense flourished in spite of it, but against better defenses, we could struggle mightily. I am hoping a lot of it was just rust. Hopefully, a good dose of game film and practice will help, as we prepare for the Pork Chops.

Same oh same oh. OL is weakest partof offence. Started with Brown wanted more WRS at OL expence. Strong had enough OL bodies till medicals transfers and injuries came.Herman?

OL will be aproblem till some one recruits at least 17 players and goeswith a complete second team OL. Not just 2 or 3 backups

Thread Information