Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Would like to see this kid play on a Texas HS team with talent. His Cali team is terrible.
    Last edited by Jbug; 05-24-2021 at 01:17 PM.

Would like to see this kid play on a Texas HS team with talent. Is Cali team is terrible.
    I’m wondering what will happen with this commitment if we land Ewers

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Safety Bryce Anderson pushes his Texas official visit back to the last visit after Alabama.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas

The Texas football program is set to officially welcome 15 players to the program this weekend when the remainder of the 2021 class and a trio of transfers reports to Austin.

Ten early enrollees from the class are already on campus and went through spring practice, including linebacker Terrence Cooks, tight ends Gunnar Helm and Juan Davis, and receiver Jaden Alexis.

The 15 players reporting this weekend will be a few guys expected to make an instant impact with a challenging first two games of the Steve Sarkisian era, and a lot of quality to be developed among the high school prospects on the defensive line and wide receiver.

WR Xavier Worthy, Fresno Central East
    Worthy instantly becomes the fastest offensive player in the program after picking out his locker. The 6-foot-1, 165-pounder ran in the 10.5’s as a sop re, and that speed and acceleration translates to football-pad speed. Make no mistake, the reason Sarkisian coveted the former Michigan signee was that he possesses the quickness, speed, and playmaking ability he had been coaching at Alabama. After missing time on the field in high school due to the season being pushed back, Worthy’s ability to develop quickly and adapt to more the challenging playbook will be the key.

WR Keithron Lee, Bryan Rudder
    One of the top playmaking seniors in the Lone Star State, Lee is quicker than vertically fast, but has enough speed. He has the ability to snatch the rock and accelerate. Very good play-in space prospect. Could factor in the punt return game.

WR Casey Cain, New Orleans Warren Easton
    The least talked about prospect in the 2021 class, Cain will be one many Texas fans want to learn more about. He has high-end hands and ball skills with undervalued quickness and initial movement skills. The big question is can he win foot races at the Power 5 level? If he can, could be a steal.

RB Jonathan Brooks, Hallettsville
    Brooks led Hallettsville to the state championship game playing running back, in the return game, and at safety. That level of compe iveness can’t be swept under the rug when considering his chances for success at the Power 5 level. He displayed the vision, feet in the hole with jump cuts and skip cuts, instincts for the position, and a willingness to take on contact and keep his feet moving to maximize YAC in high school. Brooks has long arms, and that creates ball protection issues. That will be a point of emphasis early on by the Texas staff, along with working to improve long speed.

OG Max Merril, Strake Jesuit
    The 6-foot-4 versatile o-line prospect heads to Austin with an 80-inch wingspan and near 10-inch hands with the desired ankle flexion and hip flexibility. That means there is a very good baseline skill set for Kyle Flood to develop, and that development will very likely be at guard, and possibly even a look at center. Merril comes from a highly successful and compe ive family in the business world.

DE/TE Ja’Tavion Sanders, Denton Ryan
    The most talked about prospect in the class, and also the one with the most intrigue as reporting day nears. The reason is simple; Sanders prefers to play tight end to begin his career. With that said, and not underestimating his ability at tight end, the Longhorns need for EDGE talent on defense will very likely eventually force the move to defense. It’s important to note that Sanders isn’t against playing defense, it’s just not the first preference. Texas needs Sanders on the defensive line, and needs him to be the high-level player that he has been projected to become.

DT Byron Murphy, DeSoto
    Murphy enjoyed one of the more productive senior seasons on the defensive line in the state of Texas. The former running back lacks ideal arm length, but more than makes up for it with quick initial movement skills, understanding of leverage, upper and lower body strength, and a compe ive chip on his shoulder. These type of prospects normally push their way onto the field, and end up being productive Power 5 players.

DE David Abiara, Mansfield Legacy
    The lone player in the class that was heavily recruited by Pete Kwiatkowski. When IT made a visit to Mansfield Legacy in November and Washington was the front runner, a Legacy coach relayed what Kwiatkowski said about Abiara, “We have really good players at Washington, but we don’t have guys that look like Abiara with that frame.” Make no mistake, the upside is very high for the one-time Notre Dame verbal.

DE Barryn Sorrell, New Orleans Holy Cross
    The one-time Northwestern verbal has the frame to carry 280+, so where he ends up along the defensive front over time will be something to watch. There is quality initial movement skills for his size, physicality and the desired motor.

DE/T Jordon Thomas, Port Arthur Memorial
    Made a huge jump as a senior after missing his junior campaign with a lower leg injury. His calling card is physicality and motor. Thomas was very productive as a senior playing through double teams most Friday nights. Not an EDGE pass rusher, Thomas could eventually fill out, and move inside over time.

CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas Kimball
    The long-limbed and quick cornerback brings Power 5 ready physicality in run support. He will need to have a little patience and develop, as the Longhorns have four quality corners ahead of him in 2021-22. His long speed will very likely be the determining factor of how high of a level he reaches at Texas, and in the Big 12.

LB Morice Blackwell, Arlington Martin
    The hard-hitting linebacker is built more like that of a safety or outside receiver at this point, but that means his ceiling has nice height. Productive, compe ive and a quick reactor that’s best football is out in front of him. Blackwell could be a force on special teams early in his career.

And there are transfers too:
    LB/DE Ovie Oghoufo, Notre Dame
    The EDGE player from the state of Michigan heads to Austin with more than one season to play, which is key. The Longhorns need EDGE ability, and the 6-foot-3, 240-pounder will bring experience and high-level coaching from Notre Dame.

LB Devin Richardson, New Mexico State
    Richardson came out of Klein High as a lightly recruited prospect, but one that has filled out physically and blossomed into a legitimate Power 5 caliber linebacker. Richardson heads to Austin at 6-foot-3, 235-pounds with the desired arm length, quickness, and the ability to pursue.

LB Ben Davis, Alabama
    The former Under Armour All-America Game selection struggled with injury in Tuscaloosa, and was also playing behind players that performed better. Davis brings winning mentality and understanding, as well as familiarity with members of the new Texas staff. If the staff gets more than impact special teams play and key depth with flashes, consider it a big win.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas offers 2022 TE Andrew Keller out of Wisconsin.

https://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Keller-46100302/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information