Page 14 of 173 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast
    Onward, through the fog Juan Grande's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There is some chatter that will may be flipping one of ou's WR commits -- Jordan Hudson from Garland is the #15 WR in the 24/7 Composite
    But it's hard to tell if there is anything to this
    https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Hudson-46097244/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Great quotes from Rueben Owens dad in a 247 article.

“It was attractive to my son and Sark is there and the relationship he built with B. Harris and Stan Drayton the running backs coach, and to see where the program is going with Sark and how he used that offense with Alabama and bringing it to Texas with the All Gas, No Breaks, and trying to keep the Texas boys at home and bring this tradition back to Texas, the real Texas football,” Owens father Rueben explained.

“He’s been feeling Texas for awhile, even when (Tom) Herman was there, he had a relationship with Herman but when Sark got there it lifted it up a lot because he watched the National Championship game and he saw how he used Najee (Harris) and spread him out and got him the ball out of the backfield.”

“The tradition of Texas football and being a Texas kid,” the elder Owens said. “The Vince Young tradition and trying to bring that glory back and being a Texas kid and having the state on your back and your family right here in Austin that was big for us.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TEXAS IS EXPECTED TO ADD A FORMER 5-STAR (Inside Texas)

Ben Davis was the #10 nationally ranked player in the 2016 class. Out of Portho, AL, he unsurprisingly chose to stay in-state.

Things have not worked out for the linebacker due to injuries and lack of positional clarity. At Bama, even if you’re a five-star, you can get lost in the shuffle in a hurry. He’s expected to finish his career as a graduate transfer at Texas.

While the 6-foot-4, 240-pounder didn’t have a great fit at Bama as an ILB, he’ll potentially have two good ones in Pete Kwiatkowski’s defense. He could play the X-backer, the Jack-backer, or potentially both depending on the situation. He may even get a practice or two at ILB.

With a little time on the job, Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood, and Jeff Banks, have an idea of what they have on the roster, and also what they don’t. Davis is viewed as another option to help bolster the edge rush.

This staff has been proactive, already adding Ray Thornton from LSU who is working hard in Austin, and Ovie Oghoufo from Notre Dame who is set to join the program after the semester. Like Oghoufo, Davis is expected once Bama’s semester is completed.

At a minimum, adding real experience from winning programs (both Thornton and Davis have rings) at a need position is a big plus. But encouragingly, each guy offers some real upside at the position, and will allow Kwiatkowski to deploy two OLB’s more often in the pass-happy Big 12.
    Last edited by texas4ever; 02-26-2021 at 02:57 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TEXAS IS EXPECTED TO ADD A FORMER 5-STAR (Inside Texas)

Ben Davis was the #10 nationally ranked player in the 2016 class. Out of Portho, AL, he unsurprisingly chose to stay in-state.

Things have not worked out for the linebacker due to injuries and lack of positional clarity. At Bama, even if you’re a five-star, you can get lost in the shuffle in a hurry. He’s expected to finish his career as a graduate transfer at Texas.

While the 6-foot-4, 240-pounder didn’t have a great fit at Bama as an ILB, he’ll potentially have two good ones in Pete Kwiatkowski’s defense. He could play the X-backer, the Jack-backer, or potentially both depending on the situation. He may even get a practice or two at ILB.

With a little time on the job, Steve Sarkisian, Kyle Flood, and Jeff Banks, have an idea of what they have on the roster, and also what they don’t. Davis is viewed as another option to help bolster the edge rush.

This staff has been proactive, already adding Ray Thornton from LSU who is working hard in Austin, and Ovie Oghoufo from Notre Dame who is set to join the program after the semester. Like Oghoufo, Davis is expected once Bama’s semester is completed.

At a minimum, adding real experience from winning programs (both Thornton and Davis have rings) at a need position is a big plus. But encouragingly, each guy offers some real upside at the position, and will allow Kwiatkowski to deploy two OLB’s more often in the pass-happy Big 12.
    this stuff really makes me happy as this gives us a chance the show we have made immediate improvement so that We at least have a chance of winning the conference thus 2022 sticks or it gets better with recruiting.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like Klubnik finally found his school...looks like Clemson finally offered.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If I were a high school football player in Calif with eyes on a college scholarship, I would give serious thought to doing the same. Especially true if I had not been noticed much (or at all) by the ranking services

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From Super K/TFB --

Earlier this week, Texas Director of Recruiting, Brandon Harris was offered a NFL position. Soon after the offer was made, we were told that Harris would likely be accepting the position. I am told that this may no longer be the case. Source indicated that coach Sarkisian spoke with Harris today and was apparently extremely convincing. I’m told he laid out a compelling vision for Harris’ future growth at Texas.

As of Friday evening, I’m told things went from he was as good as gone to, he’s leaning towards staying.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Brennen Thompson

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    5-star 2022 S/ATH Jacoby Meters from Ponchatoula, LA
    The 24/7 Comp has him as the #2 safety overall and #32 player

Wiltfong --
    From this group, the Longhorns, Gators and local Tigers are making the biggest impression. “Texas, they have a good staff they just built and how much they call me and let me know I’m a priority there,” Mathews said. He is talking regularly with Steve Sarkisian and Terry Joseph.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Nahlin said Sark texted him this Morning. I'm seeing more and more smoke over the last few days that lead me to believe Texas just may flip him.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Hudson-46097244/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Interesting, I'm now starting to think we will take 5 WRs.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If he announces he is playing in an all-star game I'm going to lose it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If he announces he is playing in an all-star game I'm going to lose it.
    Top Schools, per Roach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information