Page 39 of 173 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    This is awesome news. Problem is now I got my expectations up, and that has not been good last couple of recruiting cycles. Maybe things are FINALLY getting back to where we were in the early Mack years. Got my fingers crossed !
    just be like me.....it is all rumors and gossip until the ink is dried on the paper........helps me maintain balance and level headedness.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

https://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Williams-46085065/

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    just be like me.....it is all rumors and gossip until the ink is dried on the paper........helps me maintain balance and level headedness.
    bruh this approach will no longer work with the transfer portal the ink is never dry

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Inside Texas:

QB
    Quinn Ewers, Southlake Carroll (2022):

Inside Texas has had the Ohio State soft commit as a slightly better than coin flip to backflip to Texas. While others are saying there’s nothing to see here, we are saying there is in fact something to see here and will go from 51% to 60% confidence he ends up in Austin.

This isn’t based on anything Quinn has told us, but we feel we have a good read of the situation. Follow at your own peril.
    Do you think that he's waiting to see how The Sark Longhorns do on the field before pulling the trigger? I think at the end of the day we have to show progress on the field....competing for Big 12 etc for him to flip. If we start the year with a few losses...maybe he stick with Ahia St? Seems like a smart kid playing the long game to make sure UT shows progress....

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Do you think that he's waiting to see how The Sark Longhorns do on the field before pulling the trigger? I think at the end of the day we have to show progress on the field....competing for Big 12 etc for him to flip. If we start the year with a few losses...maybe he stick with Ahia St? Seems like a smart kid playing the long game to make sure UT shows progress....
    He also has three QBs in front of him at ohio st with at least 3 years of eligibility, all quality. I believe they have all been there a year, so they are a year ahead knowing the offense and team, but I dont think any of them played much. I think this is a factor. Ewers might have made a comparison and thinks he plays sooner with us with a lot more options to pass.

But Ohio St. also has better receivers and a better O line ... all of this probably matters. Tough decision if he really likes Austin. Columbus Ohio... good lord, no way if you really care about the surroundings outside a campus.

Question not for me... sorry...

Jim Bertelson passed. Very good versatile player. !969 National Championship team. Street, Bertelson , T Coy, Steve Worster in backfield and Cotton Speyrer at WR. Kinda different kind of FB but I guess the start of the read option stuff sorta.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7

Looking at the visits quarterback Arch Manning has in mind, it’s obvious the New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman signal-caller is wide open heading into the summer and beyond.

The 247Sports Composite and Top247’s No. 1 rated passer in the 2023 class has June visits locked in for Clemson, SMU, Texas, Alabama and Georgia. The 6-foot-4, 208-pound Manning will camp at Clemson June 8-9 alongside his brother Heid Manning who is a center. They head to the Lone Star State the weekend after that, where they will spend a day with the Mustangs and a couple more with Longhorns. The third weekend of June will be spent in Tuscaloosa and they’ll wrap up the month with a weekend in Athens.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Jim Bertelson passed. Very good versatile player. !969 National Championship team. Street, Bertelson , T Coy, Steve Worster in backfield and Cotton Speyrer at WR. Kinda different kind of FB but I guess the start of the read option stuff sorta.
    I am a bit mystified by this post and its intent. However...

I will pass on that my father thought Jim Bertelson was a fantastic player. Apparently lore has it that his father, a dentist in Wisconsin, sent film to Texas and Royal saw it and immediately offered a scholarship. Also there was some discussion about his fit with the teams in the midwest. He made a great wishbone halfback, excellent blocker as well. Then went on to play with the LA Rams. He was a part of a lot of very big games for Texas. And as you said a do everything back and more of a speed guy next to some battering ram type backs. Very tough as well.

I am a bit mystified by this post and its intent. However...

I will pass on that my father thought Jim Bertelson was a fantastic player. Apparently lore has it that his father, a dentist in Wisconsin, sent film to Texas and Royal saw it and immediately offered a scholarship. Also there was some discussion about his fit with the teams in the midwest. He made a great wishbone halfback, excellent blocker as well. Then went on to play with the LA Rams. He was a part of a lot of very big games for Texas. And as you said a do everything back and more of a speed guy next to some battering ram type backs. Very tough as well.
    Mystified by my intent? My intent was to recognize a great player on some great teams that played smash mouth football along with the reads and options which have evolved into the game today. I meant nothing but praise.

Showing my age again here but another Longhorn passed away , that being Pete Lammons. Played tight end on the 63 NC team. Made the Pro all star team and won the Super Bowl with Joe Namath. This pushes farther back into my childhood days but I do remember him especially when he went to the Jets. Those were fun times as a kid catching those NC teams on tv or radio on WOAI back then. Bertelson was much more a marquee player than Lammons in college as there weren't many passes thrown his way. Respect and thank you and RIP to both of them.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mystified by my intent? My intent was to recognize a great player on some great teams that played smash mouth football along with the reads and options which have evolved into the game today. I meant nothing but praise.
    well there ya go... I did not get that you were joining this with RPO football of today, thats all. I realized you were not criticizing anyone. and fk me. You said Jim Bertelson passed as in RIP... Im sorry. I thought you actually meant he threw the halfback passes. My very stupid, bad. So Sorry.

We basically said the same thing about the player anyway even though I am far removed from his playing days and really must rely on others. so thanks for the info.
    there is also some really good stuff on you tube with Royal going through what the QB and the FB explicitly had to read during the play. Its really very good. Maybe I can find it again.

well there ya go... I did not get that you were joining this with RPO football of today, thats all. I realized you were not criticizing anyone. and fk me. You said Jim Bertelson passed as in RIP... Im sorry. I thought you actually meant he threw the halfback passes. My very stupid, bad. So Sorry.

We basically said the same thing about the player anyway even though I am far removed from his playing days and really must rely on others. so thanks for the info.
    there is also some really good stuff on you tube with Royal going through what the QB and the FB explicitly had to read during the play. Its really very good. Maybe I can find it again.
    I realize I wasn't very eloquent in the original post .Yes, Youtube has a lot of cool stuff.

24/7

Looking at the visits quarterback Arch Manning has in mind, it’s obvious the New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman signal-caller is wide open heading into the summer and beyond.

The 247Sports Composite and Top247’s No. 1 rated passer in the 2023 class has June visits locked in for Clemson, SMU, Texas, Alabama and Georgia. The 6-foot-4, 208-pound Manning will camp at Clemson June 8-9 alongside his brother Heid Manning who is a center. They head to the Lone Star State the weekend after that, where they will spend a day with the Mustangs and a couple more with Longhorns. The third weekend of June will be spent in Tuscaloosa and they’ll wrap up the month with a weekend in Athens.
    If Ewers were to recommit to the good guys...do you think the Manning recruitment would be over? I guess it's a nice problem to have....if we were to get there....

I think if we get Ewers we won't get Manning. I hope we get at least one of the two.Getting neither would be very bad.

I think if we get Ewers we won't get Manning. I hope we get at least one of the two.Getting neither would be very bad.
    Who would you rather have? Getting a Manning would be pretty effing sweet.....

Manning would be great, especially from a national standpoint.Missing on Ewers,and then not getting Manning would be terrible.The Manning family are roalty.Both are a plus players.

Looks like the former USC LB is not going to come to UT after all. Ohio State seems to be the leader now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looks like the former USC LB is not going to come to UT after all. Ohio State seems to be the leader now.
    He gone

Weird... now looks like Ohio State doesn't really even want him... what is going on with this one?

Thread Information