Page 69 of 173 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Well this next season should be interesting with every conference foe looking to knock the fn stuffing out of us.
    Yes, OU too because they always do but we will retaliate in kind.
    What will be interesting in Lubbock is if they check for batteries in students pockets and purses at the gate

So what I've gathered so far:

- ESPN/big 12 contract thru 2025 so that's how much longer the conference will be together

- OU and UT will owe about ~$70-80 million each in exit fees unless enough teams also decide to leave in this time frame

That about right?
    Texas and OU will be gone to the SEC by next year.

Money don't seem to be an issue.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So what I've gathered so far:

- ESPN/big 12 contract thru 2025 so that's how much longer the conference will be together

- OU and UT will owe about ~$70-80 million each in exit fees unless enough teams also decide to leave in this time frame

That about right?
    That’s a long time for this to fester. If it happens, it probably happens fast. And ask Mike Leach how easy it is to get money from a state university.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah but this isn't some coach buyout contract tho. Where will the money for the buyout be coming from?

I think this thing drags out for a little longer than some think

IMO the first game And TCU are tge ones to watch out for.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas more than likely will be in the SEC this time next year. All it takes is 4 teams bolting and finding homes and GOR is terminated. Kansas is gone to the Big10 and Iowa St more than likely too. This league will never see 2025 and 2023 is very slim. Timing was perfect here to get out quick.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas:

It sounds like Texas A&M is falling in line with their conference brethren.

Whether it was the money, with the Aggies awash in massive athletic department debt, that did the trick, or the simple realization that the Aggies just didn’t have the political pull they thought they did either within their athletic conference or at the Texas statehouse, the Aggies have somehow gotten on board with the Longhorns entering the SEC.

Given clear marching orders, various Aggie officials yesterday were forced into making a parade of insincere remarks, including one from the same ham-handed athletic director that darn near cried three days earlier about how A&M wanted to be the only SEC school in the State when he first learned the news.

I mean, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a spurned school ever get in line so quickly as the Aggies did despite their own obvious desires.

I can only hope if Texas were to ever be in such a position, the Longhorn brass never looks so childish as the Aggies have the last 72 hours. And childish is the only way to describe the behavior.

I am told that there are no foreseeable obstacles in front of the Horns and Sooners for joining the SEC.

There are no Texas legislature bills or motions worthy of any attention. And the votes are there from SEC schools.

Given that, the coming week will chart a historical new course for Texas Longhorns sports.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Inside Texas:

A few Big 12/SEC notes:

— We still believe Texas and OU will formally announce their intentions to depart the Big 12 on Tuesday.

— Anybody who has an opinion on whether or not this will be UT’s last season in the Big 12 thinks it will be. We have a couple people who say they don’t know and won’t opine. This being the last season in the Big 12 is the only thing that makes sense but it’s just not 100% foregone according to those we talk to. It’ll get figured out and the quicker that happens the better for recruiting purposes.

— We’ve heard Oklahoma State is wanting to join the SEC deal late but we’re not sure how that will be received. Oklahoma State and OU “decoupled” in recent years so any news or sentiment they’re shocked and chagrined about this is probably posturing. UT and OU might not be the last of SEC realignment news this summer, though.

— TCU is talking with members of the Pac 12 and ACC. They will have internal meetings on Monday to discuss their options going forward. From a television perspective, TCU would make sense as a team that could play in the 11:00 a.m. CST time slot. The Pac is going to need to have a presence in that time slot.

— The AAC has already said they’ll take just about everybody they can get.

— Texas Tech has been the most vocal objector behind the scenes to the Texas and OU move, but there’s no sense anything can be done to stop the inevitable. Because of that, other schools are loathe to join them in voicing dissatisfaction. It’ll be interesting to see where Tech ends up. The Pac may make some sense for the same reasons TCU does.

— Per sources on the OU side, it doesn’t sound like Big 12 deconstruction costs are going to be terribly expensive for UT and OU.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    texas am mods say bryce anderson is pushing back his decision to see how the texas to sec news plays out & how it effects each schools recruiting class.........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    texas am mods say bryce anderson is pushing back his decision to see how the texas to sec news plays out & how it effects each schools recruiting class.........
    Bruh, we about to own all the 5*'s. Did you see IT and 247 update on Perkins? Evan Stewart come on down. OB says Neto is visiting tomorrow. Errrrbody.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bruh, we about to own all the 5*'s. Did you see IT and 247 update on Perkins? Evan Stewart come on down. OB says Neto is visiting tomorrow. Errrrbody.
    Please keep this stuff coming.
    I have no idea dont have a subscription and really dont have a lot of time to really get down on this stuff like Texas4ever and TFloss and all the other contributors who know the HS around them with the good players. This really is about the only site I visit for CFB with the occasional look into a crazy Aggie forum for laughs.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What will be interesting in Lubbock is if they check for batteries in students pockets and purses at the gate
    Way past the razor sharp tortilla stage.
    Sling shots with ball bearings incoming.
    You vile people helped ATM leave by beating them on a fairly consistent basis.
    10-6 in Big 12 I think I saw?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Now Dewberry tweeting out Texas OV in fall.

— Texas Tech has been the most vocal objector behind the scenes to the Texas and OU move, but there’s no sense anything can be done to stop the inevitable. Because of that, other schools are loathe to join them in voicing dissatisfaction. It’ll be interesting to see where Tech ends up. The Pac may make some sense for the same reasons TCU does.

Lol we have one on this board

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

Lol we have one on this board
    I mean it sucks that UT and OU are abandoning ship with kids still on board but I get it. In the end, each school is a business and they really don't owe anyone anything.

Honestly, I'm thankful that Tech didn't get the Houston Cougar treatment these past 25 years and got to hang out with the cool kids for that time frame, even if we're about to have to sit with the geeks now over at the AAC lunch table

[QUOTE=Blake;10560800]I mean it sucks that UT and OU are abandoning ship with kids still on board but I get it. In the end, each school is a business and they really don't owe anyone anything.

Honestly, I'm thankful that Tech didn't get the Houston Cougar treatment these past 25 years and got to hang out with the cool kids for that time frame, even if we're about to have to sit with the geeks now over at the AAC lunch

I think the best thing is for all Texas teams to succeed wherever they are. Also, if OK State is going to try to get into the SEC, I don't see why Tech couldn't. There have been some reports in which the SEC is considering gathering 20-24(?) Teams... starting super-conferences.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think the best thing is for all Texas teams to succeed wherever they are. Also, if OK State is going to try to get into the SEC, I don't see why Tech couldn't. There have been some reports in which the SEC is considering gathering 20-24(?) Teams... starting super-conferences.
    If the SEC were to also invite Tech and Okie lite that'd be awesome but c'mon it's a pipe dream. Tech doesn't bring any extra TV value to the SEC.

The best scenario for Tech that's actually realistic in all this would be to get in the Pac.

But even then, the PAC doesn't really need Tech either so I'm already preparing myself for worst case AAC level scenarios.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ".....Big 12 sources told ESPN on Monday that the statement leaves some "wiggle room" and doesn't fully guarantee that the flagship schools would remain in the league through 2025. The possibility remains that they pay the $75-80 million penalty for leaving early, while also giving the required 18 months' notice, per Big 12 bylaws. Some have speculated that this is the first legal maneuver, and the possibility also exists that if the Big 12 dissolves before 2025, OU and Texas would no longer be bound to stay through the duration of the contract......."

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...t-media-rights

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Expectation = hope

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Thread Information