Page 147 of 173 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ohio State transfer quarterback Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll, TX) is expected to visit Texas on Saturday. This will be his second face-to-face meeting with Steve Sarkisian since he entered the transfer portal last Friday.

Along with Ewers, Texas is trying to get its remaining targets to campus one last time before National Signing Day next Wednesday. IT will have more on that as the week unfolds. One other player who may visit is North Shore five-star cornerback Denver Harris. Harris has to work around a playoff game in Round Rock on Saturday.

A factor IT believes helped UT gain serious traction in this recruitment is the feedback Ewers has received from his original classmates. Though he reclassified to the 2021 class and spent a season in Columbus, next Wednesday was to be his original signing day. Since entering the portal, Ewers has mentioned he wants to help recruit players to the school of his choosing. Texas is certainly greater than Texas Tech in that regard.

The familiarity Ewers has with many in the class has allowed him to do homework on where guys are leaning. Throughout that reconnaissance, Texas has fared well.

Something to keep in mind, however, Texas A&M is making one final push to host common targets as well.

Texas is oh so close to establishing momentum down the final stretch, but a little work remains. If Ewers selects Texas, as IT expects, the visit Saturday is the potential stick of dynamite to loosen a recruiting avalanche.

Tfloss reporting on another site, rumors are out there that Evan Stewart will be at Texas this weekend with Ewers
    What site does TFloss work for now?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From what I saw this year, I would agree. And yo think freshmen OLineman are going to come in and protect at 1st team AA level is dumb. I'm just regurgitating the sentiment across IT. Quoting Eric, "The OLine really wasn't as bad as most people think."

I was surprised to see that. I barely remember any qb getting a ton of time to throw the ball. But then again, I couldn't bear to rewatch a lot of the games this year.

I'm hoping some more lineman hit the portal after the playoffs, that can come in and really help, but then again why would any starting Olineman leave their school to come to Texas? Then without any really good blocking tight ends, whichever qb is back there better than some elusiveness to them.
    the OL definitely wasnt great, but im certain hes probably referring to the many times casey refused to step up in the pocket when the OL were doing their job, and people would just blame the OL for him getting hit/sacked, when it was 100% his own fault.

i can understand casey missing wide open guys as the year went on with his busted thumb. but his thumb had nothing to do with his lousy pocket presence and tunnel vision issues.

additionally, the RBs were pretty lousy at blocking too. cant blame the OL for that.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumblings that DB Makuba may transfer from Clemson now that Venabels is gone. He was all ACC as a freshman this year. There's a few Horn players in contact.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What site does TFloss work for now?
    Hornsports

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Speed, speed and more speed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    the OL definitely wasnt great, but im certain hes probably referring to the many times casey refused to step up in the pocket when the OL were doing their job, and people would just blame the OL for him getting hit/sacked, when it was 100% his own fault.

i can understand casey missing wide open guys as the year went on with his busted thumb. but his thumb had nothing to do with his lousy pocket presence and tunnel vision issues.

additionally, the RBs were pretty lousy at blocking too. cant blame the OL for that.
    How would you rate the blocking for Bijan at the beginning of the season up to his injury.
    Now ask what happened to the pass blocking when opponents played for Bijan.
    And I can show you when the degradation was well under way against Oklahoma St how once Bijan was gone, the passing game got very tough.
    I can show you the very play where Casey stepped into a collapsing pocket and got the knocked out of him as he threw the ball against OSU which was a close game in score but was a ridiculously bad 4th qrt.
    If you expect any college QB to be able to feel every crease in a declining pocket then you got a pro level. Brady level. Jake Majors got beaten numerous times on pass plays right up the gut. Thats a freshman center who just was not strong enough to get away with having to snap and then immediately snap to and block.

Casey did get happy feet. But this happens when you are getting killed back there. Our when your star running back is stuffed and you have to win a game by trying to force the ball to a freshman wide receiver because our only other talented WR checked out early. If you have a first time starter start feeling pocket pressure unlike he has ever felt before this is what you get. This coincided with Bijan getting stuffed. Casey is as even close to as elusive as the OU Qb, neither is Card.

I guess my expectations for Casey were not as high as yours as I knew Bijan was a huge part of his relative comfort early on until Arkansas and then OK St. After that it got downright ridiculous to expect our QBs to bring us back with Bijan stuffed, and the other teams running the clock on our D so that we had to take risks. After that our D declined even more and we could not be expected to realistically beat anyone in our conference. Imo we beat Kansas st. because they had zero QB skills as their starter was down. And Roschon just refusing to be beaten got the o line actually excited.

The above seems fairly obvious to me. Why would Ewers even hesitate in the slightest to come here if the o line was not a big concern? If play action got set up like it did early on. He saw the decline. Everyone did. Ewers has far more talent than Card or Thompson, its not even close. All he lacks is knowlege of the system and experience. He would have taken over the spot last year as Casey got pounded and he would have gotten beat up as well.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Roach:

— Nick will have more this week on the big time offensive line targets in Houston like Kam Dewberry and Kelvin Banks, but a well-placed source told me last night there is a possibility Banks shuts it down early. Yesterday we heard that he could extend his timeline to February giving just about every school recruiting him the chance to re-group and put the press on. While he may want that clarity, the source I spoke with said that the family was weary with the process and are considering shutting things down early because of it. I exchanged a few messages with Banks last night and he told me he thinks Texas is coming in on Friday. The Longhorns were angling to get the latest possible visit they could. The source I spoke with said that Texas has a chance to go into the in home and convince him to shut it down on early signing day. We will see how the rest of this week plays out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ketch hinting that DB Anthony Cook will be returning next year.

Dude, you are freakin awesome !

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    How would you rate the blocking for Bijan at the beginning of the season up to his injury.
    Now ask what happened to the pass blocking when opponents played for Bijan.
    And I can show you when the degradation was well under way against Oklahoma St how once Bijan was gone, the passing game got very tough.
    I can show you the very play where Casey stepped into a collapsing pocket and got the knocked out of him as he threw the ball against OSU which was a close game in score but was a ridiculously bad 4th qrt.
    If you expect any college QB to be able to feel every crease in a declining pocket then you got a pro level. Brady level. Jake Majors got beaten numerous times on pass plays right up the gut. Thats a freshman center who just was not strong enough to get away with having to snap and then immediately snap to and block.

Casey did get happy feet. But this happens when you are getting killed back there. Our when your star running back is stuffed and you have to win a game by trying to force the ball to a freshman wide receiver because our only other talented WR checked out early. If you have a first time starter start feeling pocket pressure unlike he has ever felt before this is what you get. This coincided with Bijan getting stuffed. Casey is as even close to as elusive as the OU Qb, neither is Card.

I guess my expectations for Casey were not as high as yours as I knew Bijan was a huge part of his relative comfort early on until Arkansas and then OK St. After that it got downright ridiculous to expect our QBs to bring us back with Bijan stuffed, and the other teams running the clock on our D so that we had to take risks. After that our D declined even more and we could not be expected to realistically beat anyone in our conference. Imo we beat Kansas st. because they had zero QB skills as their starter was down. And Roschon just refusing to be beaten got the o line actually excited.

The above seems fairly obvious to me. Why would Ewers even hesitate in the slightest to come here if the o line was not a big concern? If play action got set up like it did early on. He saw the decline. Everyone did. Ewers has far more talent than Card or Thompson, its not even close. All he lacks is knowlege of the system and experience. He would have taken over the spot last year as Casey got pounded and he would have gotten beat up as well.
    you are such a re .

learn to read before making these long winded replies that im not going to bother reading because it was immediately evident you dont know what you are even replying to

Couple of quick questions
    1 who is Neto ?
    2 have you heard anything on Anthony Hill from Denton Ryan ? That kid played a monster game in their loss last weekend

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Couple of quick questions
    1 who is Neto ?
    2 have you heard anything on Anthony Hill from Denton Ryan ? That kid played a monster game in their loss last weekend
    1.- https://247sports.com/player/neto-umeozulu-46102211/

2. Anthony Hill is 2023 and Texas is one of his favorites last I read. Yes, he is probably the top defensive player in Texas for 2023 IMO.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Landing Ewers will be huge, but who Texas lands on the OL this class will be even bigger for the future of the program. Texas is in it for 5 or 6 big time recruits. Landing 3 of them, to go along with Hutson and Robertson would be awesome.

1.- https://247sports.com/player/neto-umeozulu-46102211/
    oh…that’s right. I forgot about him. I didn’t think we had much of a chance with him.

2. Anthony Hill is 2023 and Texas is one of his favorites last I read. Yes, he is probably the top defensive player in Texas for 2023 IMO.
    he also had a 50 yard touchdown run in that last game. I have watched him grow up from pee wee league. He is a class act also

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count

This kid is a DOG and will bring toughness to the offense. I can see him making a big impact day 1 if given the chance.

Thread Information