Page 170 of 173 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 4,226 to 4,250 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Heard that Blackwell is also working out at saftey.
    We need edge people. we need LBs, we need safeties.
    Maybe Patterson and the DC "in charge" can put their heads together and start moving people around now.
    And then if we can get O. Mathis and other(s) from the portal we can figure something out in the end.

The only thing they seem to feel comfortable with on D is CB and interior Dlinemen, and thats assuming people play well. ie we have some talent, but it might not work out when we actually play. Its a bit worrying.

The only position we really have numbers of guys with experience who we know can do a job is RB. For instance, it seems they feel very good about Neyor and Worthy. But if one or both get injured... Having Jordan Whittington to fill or start in not exactly comforting from an injury point of view. Then at TE, we dont seem to have one guy who we know can block and know can get open and catch the ball, but we got a lot of guys in the room.

Its got to be better than 5-7, but by how much seems very much in doubt. And we get Alabama 2nd game. They have the two best edge guys in the country. We are scratching our heads for who plays which Otackles. Who wants to play QB and wait for a route to break open... ?

Very good post on problems of roster. I am waiting for spring game starting lineups to see how it all shakes out.

Some positions will be decided in spring, but alot will go on till fall. OL, DB, LB and edge.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Man, Baylor took us out behind the barn, and whooped that ass raw.....we would be sittin down for a week or two after that spanking.

Some one fail to set the alarm?

Spring roster is out on UT site.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Apparently they did some sprints and the fastest on the team is X. Worthy

2nd place was surprising.

Apparently they did some sprints and the fastest on the team is X. Worthy

2nd place was surprising.
    So who was second?

Supposedly Jordan Whittington

Thanks.

Thanks.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The speed contest will change when Brenan Thompson is in school.

Apparently he ran a 10.4 at a early spring event. It was recorded as 10.22 by some.
    Anyway any doubts about him really being THAT fast because "small school" was dispelled as many people have gotten interested in him.
    Nothing about him wanting to run track until he gets closer to 10 flat. He was 10.32 last years best.
    Unusually, he apparently has a whole lot of lateral quickness as well. If he gains X like receiver skills... we got very "lucky."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas/TCU about to start. Lets see if they can finally act like somebody

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Looking good so far...raining threes tbh

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ...more of the same

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    so is it the coach or is it texas?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Beard's Tech teams would also routinely the bed and lay eggs in the Big XII tournament like Stoooooooops lays eggs in BCS games tbh imho

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Its not surprising.
    They work hard but they are such a ragtag group.

And they dont have any talent on offense to penetrate and make the defense chase.
    When they are relying on the 3 and it goes bad, there is hardly any other way to score in a consistent manner.
    It is amazing how long this team can go without scoring and still stay in games imo.

I cant see them putting any type of T. Tech run in the NCAA playoffs with this group and its obvious flaws on offense. If they do, it will be luck. Scoring has been difficult all year, every game it seems.

Must hit 3s, must make FTs, must be able to get the easy two when needed.. not gonna happen in back to back games. They rely on playing hard. It only goes so far when there is no cohesion on offense.

Give TCU some credit as well. They have played some good games lately.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That's a question that's been meandering through these parts for a decade now across all sports.

I mean we all know 5 star talent arrives in Austin by the short bus load but in this last ten year time frame it has translated into Jack . I mean, how does #1 UT baseball team lose to Texas State today?

I would love a grant funded study to really dissect this but since that'll never happen, I'll just throw out a guess and say these kids are mostly spoiled and coddled and have no chip on their shoulder. I really can't come up with any other reason for them underperforming the way they do in Austin but I'm willing to listen to any other theories.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That's a question that's been meandering through these parts for a decade now across all sports.

I mean we all know 5 star talent arrives in Austin by the short bus load but in this last ten year time frame it has translated into Jack . I mean, how does #1 UT baseball team lose to Texas State today?

I would love a grant funded study to really dissect this but since that'll never happen, I'll just throw out a guess and say these kids are mostly spoiled and coddled and have no chip on their shoulder. I really can't come up with any other reason for them underperforming the way they do in Austin but I'm willing to listen to any other theories.
    My theory is booster meddling. Too many cooks in the kitchen, "hey I donated X millions of dollars to your program so you guys better do it my way, treat this player well, and/or play this guy X minutes". So no coach is ever going to come and have complete control. Same way the Cowboys have a revolving door of head coaches but the meddling owner has too much say in who plays and who doesn't week to week

The more I listen to Chris Beard, the more I start to think he's the wrong coach for a place like UT that has a history of over-coddling players. I see a lot of jovial "chest slaps" to his players during post game press conferences after losses. Also saying things like "this is UT, we know what the standard is" which doesn't make sense considering their basketball program is not a powerhouse. This just feeds more and more into the coddling, en lement mentality that looms over that campus. Basically telling his players how great they are and how great the program is without accomplishing anything. They need a coach to tell it like it is, and say they are underachieving. Idk if the pressure from UT boosters is really as bad as they say it is, but this does not look like a hard nosed coach who is coming in to preach toughness and defense. Looks more like a guy who just wants to build "his brand" and be as likeable as possible

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    My theory is booster meddling. Too many cooks in the kitchen, "hey I donated X millions of dollars to your program so you guys better do it my way, treat this player well, and/or play this guy X minutes". So no coach is ever going to come and have complete control. Same way the Cowboys have a revolving door of head coaches but the meddling owner has too much say in who plays and who doesn't week to week
    Yeah but that's anywhere except Bama.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah but that's anywhere except Bama.
    It's more of the amount of boosters/donors that Texas has to deal with. It's pretty well known that they phone in the head coach constantly, invite them to their yacht, Christmas parties, etc. Which other schools like Alabama do it too, but they only have 2-3 major donors that do this whereas Texas has like 20. Just too many distractions/BS that the coach has to deal with. I don't know if this is really that big of an issue in basketball, since they've not been a traditional power in the conference. Mainly talking about football. There's other issues too: i.e., every player in the Big XII treats their game against UT as their BCS National Championship since they were probably overlooked by them and pissed off. I think the LHN is a cancer to the program as well. Coaches are required to waste time BS'ing around on the LHN answering redundant questions when they should be focused on coaching instead. , I remember Sarkisian sitting down and doing a play-by-play summary of one of their games with commentary on LHN. wtf? If I'm a coach playing Texas the next week, I'm taping that

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    It's more of the amount of boosters/donors that Texas has to deal with. It's pretty well known that they phone in the head coach constantly, invite them to their yacht, Christmas parties, etc. Which other schools like Alabama do it too, but they only have 2-3 major donors that do this whereas Texas has like 20. Just too many distractions/BS that the coach has to deal with. I don't know if this is really that big of an issue in basketball, since they've not been a traditional power in the conference. Mainly talking about football. There's other issues too: i.e., every player in the Big XII treats their game against UT as their BCS National Championship since they were probably overlooked by them and pissed off. I think the LHN is a cancer to the program as well. Coaches are required to waste time BS'ing around on the LHN answering redundant questions when they should be focused on coaching instead. , I remember Sarkisian sitting down and doing a play-by-play summary of one of their games with commentary on LHN. wtf? If I'm a coach playing Texas the next week, I'm taping that
    Yeah the I don't think anyone here thinks the LHN is a good thing. Nobody cares about watching UT women soccer play Rice much less seeing Ricky and Vince sit around talking about how they used to do it

But Beard? Why isn't Beard getting more out of this coveted talented group? Same question always asked of Barnes, same of Shaka. Same of Strong, same of Herman.

Something in the water besides boosters, imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah the I don't think anyone here thinks the LHN is a good thing. Nobody cares about watching UT women soccer play Rice much less seeing Ricky and Vince sit around talking about how they used to do it

But Beard? Why isn't Beard getting more out of this coveted talented group? Same question always asked of Barnes, same of Shaka. Same of Strong, same of Herman.

Something in the water besides boosters, imo.
    Talented and coveted.
    Its spare parts that dont work on offense.

UT will never get the best of the best like the blue bloods of basketball unless Beard does what he did at Tech.
    And it may be that the best coach at Texas Tech stayed at Texas Tech.

The last coach that got real talent at UT was Mack Brown. Then he became Grandpa Brown after he got his series of big victories and played in two National Championships. If the kids that Texas just got in the Freshman class on oline dont produce in a year or two then its time to really wonder imo. We got kids that any of the top 5 schools would take on this Oline. By the end of this upcoming year at least one should be starting on what was a horrible Oline that has a year more of experience that Texas mods claim will be much improved. We will see.

The NIL has been a huge advantage for Texas and Texas ATM so far. It should get wilder as we move on unless they do something to change some rules with this and the transfer portal.

Thread Information