Page 106 of 173 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,650 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It is LHN......I couldn't stand them either, but I take it for what it is, absolute homerism. I do expect more than I got from former players. They should be able to better explain scheme, coverage, and tendencies, not just be a glorified cheerleader.
    You can be a homer and still not just say stupid things.
    This was NOT a bigtime game; bigtime Players, we had like 5 of them on offense because Rice, poor guys, they are not fast enough to get in position to tackle. And when they are, they get run over. Bigtime plays? We just ran through their poor secondary. there was run after huge run. So they are bigtime plays because they were crucial? I dont think so, they could easily happen on the very next play. Its just dumb. This repe ive crap is so annoying. Get some new grand insight into a blowout game. Like the article above. We emphasized running outside the tackles and allowed our RBs to get in situations where they were able to isolate Rice LBs and secondary. Rice just was not good enough. Try some of these things against a good defense and thats when you get the 5 yard loss on 2nd down and 4 to go. Now you just messed up a series.

Honest to god its an announcing crew that might work for elementary school kids, I dont think MS kids buy this crap.
    Last edited by pgardn; 09-19-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Post Count
    You can be a homer and still not just say stupid things.
    This was NOT a bigtime game; bigtime Players, we had like 5 of them on offense because Rice, poor guys, they are not fast enough to get in position to tackle. And when they are, they get run over. Bigtime plays? We just ran through their poor secondary. there was run after huge run. So they are bigtime plays because they were crucial? I dont think so, they could easily happen on the very next play. Its just dumb. This repe ive crap is so annoying. Get some new grand insight into a blowout game. Like the article above. We emphasized running outside the tackles and allowed our RBs to get in situations where they were able to isolate Rice LBs and secondary. Rice just was not good enough. Try some of these things against a good defense and thats when you get the 5 yard loss on 2nd down and 4 to go. Now you just messed up a series.

Honest to god its an announcing crew that might work for elementary school kids, I dont think MS kids buy this crap.
    The saddest part is that Rice actually played Arkansas better than Texas did.

I'm just happy that we look like we have a QB in Thompson. He makes quick decisions and is a better runner than Card. Those things are especially important because our O-line isn't good right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Top WR Brenen Thompson quotes (Inside Texas)

“It was a great time,” Thompson told On3. “The game day atmosphere was crazy. It was better than I expected it to be,”

The message from the Texas staff to the 5-foot-10, 165-pound jet was all about the need for speed.

“They told me they need my speed. Just speed. They are missing a lot of speed. You see Xavier Worthy and the impact he’s making because of his speed. The coaching staff is telling me it will kind of be the same thing. Playing everywhere. Playing fast, and playing in space,”

Thompson is one of the best two-sport prospects in the country. The 3A 200 meter le winner at 21.27, and medalist at 10.38 in the 100 meters spent time with the track and field staff Saturday.

“Coach Sarkisian said they welcomed me doing both in college. The track and field staff said the same,”

One of the highlights of Thompson’s visit was spending time with former Texas star receiver Jordan Shipley. The two share a love for fishing, and Thompson had a key question to ask.

“I asked how he got away from the big city when he was at Texas. That was a big question being a small town guy, finding that balance. He told me he was always able to get away, and all those things aren’t far away from Austin,”

Up next for the Panhandle blur will be an unofficial visit to Texas A&M for the showdown against Alabama October 9. Following that visit, Thompson will begin planning a decision date.

“It’s pretty difficult. Between the three, its close. The main thing is going to a great program with a great coaching staff. Being happy off the field. Where I will be happy. Where my family will be happy,”

Like the majority of top prospects with more than 30 offers, learning to say no has been the toughest part of the process.

“There is good and bad to a lot of things. You learn to say no. Figure out what you really want do. Getting down to the morals. It’s been stressful and hard, but I’m very blessed to be in this position.”

Thompson is looking into studying sports medicine in college.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    11AM, ugh!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lmao.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Tempting..

Over under at 61.5. damn that's low.
    Last edited by Blake; 09-21-2021 at 10:52 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    One to watch...

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He'll be in for the Oklahoma St. game.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    5 Star CB Denver Harris will visit Texas on Saturday.

Thread Information