Page 169 of 173 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4323
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ATM goes 8-4 and skips their bowl game because the 12th man died.
    Texas goes 5-7 and, especially if Campbell signs, will sign their best OL class.

Yeah the NIL makes a difference. And the SEC loves them some UT despite what the Aggies think.

We came to pay (and possibly learn to play) just like they do. Let semi pro football begin.
    Waiting for classes for football players to be abolished (maybe that had sorta already happened)
    If Lane wants to be able to pay top dollar go make USC good like he did not do before.

Make USC good?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yes.
    Kiffin complains. USC is now run by Riley. Kiffin WAS at USC.
    And USC has lots of $$ and players around. Riley understood this.
    USC has the potential to pay TOP NIL bucks to very good California players who were leaving that State.

ie Kiffin loss his chance at lowly Mississippi who got on the map paying players illegally. NOW, its legal. But its also a compe ion.
    Ole Miss does not have the NIL money other teams will be capable of paying, this is the bottom line of Kiffin's complaint.
    The field is not level.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Imo we need to get Campbell as it will not a good look for recruiting vs.OU.
    Then we have the larger problem of actually winning games and looking good while winning.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    ATM goes 8-4 and skips their bowl game because the 12th man died.
    Texas goes 5-7 and, especially if Campbell signs, will sign their best OL class.

Yeah the NIL makes a difference. And the SEC loves them some UT despite what the Aggies think.

We came to pay (and possibly learn to play) just like they do. Let semi pro football begin.
    Waiting for classes for football players to be abolished (maybe that had sorta already happened)
    If Lane wants to be able to pay top dollar go make USC good like he did not do before.
    lane is just ing because he knows (as does saban) that his alum base 1) doesn't have the $$$ that texas and texas a&m have and 2) aren't as willing to spend the equivalent of Burkina Faso's GDP for a national le.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lane is just ing because he knows (as does saban) that his alum base 1) doesn't have the $$$ that texas and texas a&m have and 2) aren't as willing to spend the equivalent of Burkina Faso's GDP for a national le.
    Agree totally and what I was saying. USC can join in the pay to play game IF, they want to.

The new world has come and fortunately for Alabama the $ gratification will come later in the form of pro football contracts... for now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Stellar OL haul for Texas this class! Best in the Nation!

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    That's basically it. It's like the MLB with no salary cap. The Yankees will always be compe ive because they don't care how much they spend while teams like Kansas City will only be good if they luck out in the draft

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Very good news!
    Coach em up.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think he's got a valid gripe but there's nothing he can do except bend over

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That's basically it. It's like the MLB with no salary cap. The Yankees will always be compe ive because they don't care how much they spend while teams like Kansas City will only be good if they luck out in the draft
    Its like people had no idea what would happen when players get paid with barely any rules...
    These are huge rich rabid fan bases. One school with a billionaire owner might be able to play the game as well.
    This was not thought out well at all. We went over this on this board.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think he's got a valid gripe but there's nothing he can do except bend over
    Absolutely a valid gripe.
    Now the Ole Miss illegal paying just had a tsunami hit it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    imo the "cheating stuff" will now be directed at coaching staff's getting a hold of donor and donation organizations and suggesting to the organizations which players to pay and how much.

And I have no idea if its legal or not under the nothingness that the neutered NCAA has put out on this topic.
    Especially since the NCAA was basically brushed away when they gave the. "hold up on this", signal when what is now the NIL "first" arose at Northwestern.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

At the UnderArmor game, playing with and against the best kids in the country, Campbell had his head up and was off the ball first ON EVERY play.
    Apparently he is super quick and dunks at 6 2" over 300 lbs on the basketball team? That takes some very high twitch legs. He is projected as a Guard in the big leagues but can play tackle for us if needed.
    Whoa... Dont get hurt. No hammy problems please.

He also loves defensive tackle. But says he will not play there if we dont want him to.

Sorry misunderstood on how Kiffin could make USC good.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sorry misunderstood on how Kiffin could make USC good.
    No problemo.

This is all quite interesting, these sec coaches getting riled at each other.
    jumbo is not coming clean. Just say your kids get NIL money like everyone else.
    "its an insult to our recruiting, and insult to our kids and, we have no fund" Just say "we" do the same as other schools, pay kids

Saban admitted his QB got 7 figures. Ohio St. put some stuff out. We said there is a fund for our kids and OLineman. but not the Aggies... the kids come because its a great school.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    uva game, a tourney worthy game. that game reminded me of the Duke/UNC slugfests of the 90s.

a great win for the Horns. anytime we beat KU it is special.

Hook em

K. Crawford has switched positions now at saftey. Should be a good move with his size and speed.

Where did you see that?

OB reported it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Seems that the NIL along with the transfer portal is still an open book as far as rules, so this is the perfect time to have Gary Patterson rummaging around not only on our team for "unseen" fits on D, but outside our current team. We got lucky with Riley leaving. And we are lucky the rules are so flexible. A 5-7 team with a horrid D has the possibility for a big reset.

We need O. Mathis and we need zero injuries (tiny margin for error).
    LB, another WR, safety... we are plugging leaks. , even a portal O line guy at tackle would be helpful.
    Number of spots...? I hope this works itself out.

Number of spots? I came up with 32, then came 36 later Sark said 35. Only time will tell.

Over the 85 limitfor sure so some must leave by August. Spring training will tell a lot.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Number of spots? I came up with 32, then came 36 later Sark said 35. Only time will tell.

Over the 85 limitfor sure so some must leave by August. Spring training will tell a lot.
    Yep.

Heard that Blackwell is also working out at saftey.

Thread Information