Page 73 of 173 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 4323
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    how is sark/texas so far behind in nil...........herman was on the forefront bruh............aggy has convinced these kids that they can make more nil money in bryan college station than in austin texas...........
    Last edited by playblair; 07-29-2021 at 02:16 PM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    harold perkins has canceled his texas trip btw................ perkins/harris/thompson will now only visit aggy

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Lol aggy

Good

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    scipio texas wrote an article saying the reason texas is behind in nil is because older people in the compliance office will not let texas utilize it

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    A&M backin their asses down. Talkin all that smack about going to war and not voting Texas and OU in.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    scipio texas wrote an article saying the reason texas is behind in nil is because older people in the compliance office will not let texas utilize it
    It’s going to happen, but like everything Texas it’s going to take awhile. We’re going to have to be patient as fans because the old guard will have to give up their antiquated ideals. The good news is that the chancellor and president ante totally onboard with athletics doing everything necessary to have the best programs. But as you know playblair, we’re often reactive as a department. These things take time and it doesn’t help in the now when there’s a seismic shift occurring with regards to conference realignment. Their attention is elsewhere. My guess is that they’ll view the room after the first round of NIL and see how best to utilize it with the full power of the department and boosters.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It’s going to happen, but like everything Texas it’s going to take awhile. We’re going to have to be patient as fans because the old guard will have to give up their antiquated ideals. The good news is that the chancellor and president ante totally onboard with athletics doing everything necessary to have the best programs. But as you know playblair, we’re often reactive as a department. These things take time and it doesn’t help in the now when there’s a seismic shift occurring with regards to conference realignment. Their attention is elsewhere. My guess is that they’ll view the room after the first round of NIL and see how best to utilize it with the full power of the department and boosters.
    Nobody knows exactly how the NIL will play out anyway. Its gonna take some twists and turns. Other teams will also come up with ideas and we will steal them. One thing that was worrisome is what it would do to team unity. That might not even be an issue, we just dont know yet.

Money almost always causes problems

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Money almost always causes problems
    It does.
    But the university does not seem to mind making it, so sharing some of it with the performers they use to make the money...
    I see the reasoning.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those businesses better hope that the player isn’t a ing bust too. I don’t know that I’d want to invest in an unproven player/commodity. It seems a lot of the dough could be wisely spent in the transfer portal.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Those businesses better hope that the player isn’t a ing bust too. I don’t know that I’d want to invest in an unproven player/commodity. It seems a lot of the dough could be wisely spent in the transfer portal.
    Good point.
    You hype a bunch of young players that get busted for unsavory incidents. That could not be good. Damn I did not even think about this. A hyped kid makes a bad decision and the University holds it over his head releasing it... how the does this work? Its pretty clear some of the Universities have a good relationship with the police...

This gets very convoluted but interesting.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Good point.
    You hype a bunch of young players that get busted for unsavory incidents. That could not be good. Damn I did not even think about this. A hyped kid makes a bad decision and the University holds it over his head releasing it... how the does this work? Its pretty clear some of the Universities have a good relationship with the police...

This gets very convoluted but interesting.
    Convoluted doesn’t even begin to describe the catastrophic possibilities. I’m all for these guys and gals getting theirs, I just want to take a wait and see approach to cir vent everyone else’s potential -ups. Not everyone is going to make bank through social media, and there’s going to be some real s bags who up some kids lives. What a weird time to be a college sports fan. It’s professional sports now.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Convoluted doesn’t even begin to describe the catastrophic possibilities. I’m all for these guys and gals getting theirs, I just want to take a wait and see approach to cir vent everyone else’s potential -ups. Not everyone is going to make bank through social media, and there’s going to be some real s bags who up some kids lives. What a weird time to be a college sports fan. It’s professional sports now.
    Yeah it's almost like betting your advertising dollar on rookies in the pros.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Yeah it's almost like betting your advertising dollar on rookies in the pros.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    jeremy patton fonged to michigan..........either this staff is turrible recruiters or the 995ers have no info........

texas mod backtracking
    Patton affirmed with me earlier in the week he would be in Austin. I just reached out again and he told me that due to personal reasons he would not be able to make the trip. Pretty quick change from talking to some folks

he said our staff wasnt genuine

Purely ridiculous to lose a Texan to a team who's coach is on the hottest seats in college football. Sad

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    These dudes ain’t proved . Y’all want recruits? Either put kids in the NFL (we haven’t) or win (ahahahahaha). To easy to negatively recruit against this piss poor program. Hopefully Sark can be a successful head coach. This malaise is the direct consequence of Steve Patterson, Charlie Strong, lack of AD after Steve Patterson, and Tom Herman. The only thing that could have turned it around immediately was Urban. That’s it. Now the staff has to put the work in to wash off the stain of the last ten years. If the team starts to win, this recruiting will take care of itself.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

These dudes ain’t proved . Y’all want recruits? Either put kids in the NFL (we haven’t) or win (ahahahahaha). To easy to negatively recruit against this piss poor program. Hopefully Sark can be a successful head coach. This malaise is the direct consequence of Steve Patterson, Charlie Strong, lack of AD after Steve Patterson, and Tom Herman. The only thing that could have turned it around immediately was Urban. That’s it. Now the staff has to put the work in to wash off the stain of the last ten years. If the team starts to win, this recruiting will take care of itself.
    I'm talking about the coaches so called lying... but what has Michigan done?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Bowlsby is a ing idiot

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Unless the big 12 dissolves first, then maybe sooner than 2025

Thread Information