Page 14 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can add filler players from the Spurs and Nunn instead of the 1st rounder.
    The Spurs don't have filler for a trade this small, and Nunn just makes that issue worse while not being worth a first to SA in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't have filler for a trade this small, and Nunn just makes that issue worse while not being worth a first to SA in the first place.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8gjtxrh

Done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since we're not going anywhere this season i would trade someone to the Nets for Spencer Dinwiddie. Give our boy Sean some ammunition to beat the effing Lakers since they are the only team that could challenge them imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can do that deal if they waive Lyles to open up that needed roster spot.
    They actually like Trey, so probably not

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First, not done. KBD doesn't count as a contract on the books. You'd have to replace him with Jones, and at that point the Spurs probably aren't trying to dump guys they liked enough to sign to three-year deals just to make a convoluted trade work.

Also, this doesn't do anything for the fact that the Spurs probably don't want to sub out a first for Nunn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard, Robinson, Iggy, and Olynyk for Aldridge, Gay and KBJ works or sub out Robinson for Achiuwa and that 2027 Miami 2nd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olynyk, Achiuwa - Gay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard, Robinson, Iggy, and Olynyk for Aldridge, Gay and KBJ works
    Well as discussed, that doesn't work, and I wouldn't do that anyway. One of LMA or Gay would be potentially worth moving to get Robinson's RFA rights. Not both, though. The Spurs want to try to win this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Olynyk, Achiuwa - Gay
    Works, but I can't imagine Miami would do this without SA sending back some legit asset Miami could use in another trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leonard, Robinson, Iggy, and Olynyk for Aldridge, Gay and KBJ works or sub out Robinson for Achiuwa and that 2027 Miami 2nd.
    KBD can't be traded unless he's signed to a contract. When he's signed the Spurs would have 15 players on the roster so still can't do this trade unless they waive someone. Moreover, this would put them above the luxury tax, which we all know is a huge no no.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Lyles or anyone else, but they wouldn't and shouldn't.
    They shouldn't waive Lyles in order to get a first rounder?? GTFO!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean Lyles or anyone else, but they wouldn't and shouldn't.
    If they determined the asset from Miami (in this highly unlikely scenario that was posited) they should...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But that’s adding salary the Spurs don’t want for hardly any upgrade if any. Spurs are in salary shedding mode. Only take on multi year contracts if we get a draft pick. I do think the Spurs could get a GSW pick to shed salary in the offseason. They will need to cut salary to keep their talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They shouldn't waive Lyles in order to get a first rounder?? GTFO!!
    Dunks, act like somebody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunks, act like somebody.
    Or, at least act like you read the thread. We’re not getting a first rounder fromMiami. They’re committed for the next five years, either traded, or not able to be traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well as discussed, that doesn't work, and I wouldn't do that anyway. One of LMA or Gay would be potentially worth moving to get Robinson's RFA rights. Not both, though. The Spurs want to try to win this year.
    Win what?

And in any case, if they want to win, they might be better off moving Aldridge anyways, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is painful. Only thing worse than BR speculation is a casual fan’s response to that hearsay.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East is so horrific (parity to be nice), small moves by teams could make a big difference. So the Spurs could really win big with teams thinking a move could put them in running to win the East. I like Derozan for Collins + salary because both teams fill a major need, get better this season and both players are on expiring deals.

Murray-White-Keldon-Collins-Poetl is a lot more balanced of a lineup and will force Pop to put more of a load on the Murray/White back court. That being said, I fully expect the Spurs to stand pat or get fleeced lol
    Last edited by 8sy21vd; 02-18-2021 at 10:49 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The East is so horrific, small moves by teams could make a big difference. So the Spurs could really win big with teams thinking a move could put them in running to win the East. I like Derozan for Collins + salary because both teams fill a major need, get better this season and both players are on expiring deals.

Murray-White-Keldon-Collins-Poetl is a lot more balanced of a lineup and will force Pop to put more of a load on the Murray/White back court. That being said, I fully expect the Spurs to stand pat or get fleeced lol
    The whole point of Atlanta possibly losing Collins is that they won't be able to afford improving their roster. Giving him up for DeMar lowers their ceiling even more AND handicaps them from improving. Makes no sense from Atlanta's side.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watched them some and think Demar would help them this season. Guess I'm grasping for straws though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the Hawks insider guy who I still don't know if he's reliable or not:

"Not be an idiot, but with the playoff race being so close in both conferences and the 9/10 playin game, couldn't this trade just end up being a mid 1st anyway.

I spoke to my guy about it and he said teams don't get the idea that Atlanta is just willing to give him away or trade him for anything less than big.

One of the teams interested in JC is Cleveland. Another team is our division rivals, Washington Wizards who still want to retain Beal. I just don't know, none of these teams are out as far as the playoffs are concerned.

He was told injuries did have a role in where Atlanta maybe going and they are still not convinced they have the right core that will win a le. It seems like we are willing to have one more year in the lottery due to injuries. Also, Rondo is being shopped as is Tony Snell.

I was told Atlanta is unwilling to move the other young players like Okongwu, Reddish, Huerter, Trae, Hunter and yes, Fernando. They aren't going to sale players short basically. "

https://www.hawksquawk.net/topic/432...e/30/#comments

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

doubt it. Gay is valuable of we make the playoffs and won’t fetch more than a second rounder or average player on longer term deal which would be silly for the Spurs. Pat Riley will eat our GMs lunch also so hopefully we don’t move Rudy unless packaged for a 1st.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's hard for me to see them giving up anything that would be worth it for us. Herro, Precious, or Robinson would be the only things they have we'd be interested in and I can't see them really giving any of those up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see any way Rudy is traded.

Thread Information