Page 16 of 95 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Rudy can garner a 1st and is the most tradable at this point. Scoring off the bench, good salary for a trade, shoots the 3, one of the best +|- per minute in the league. Plus, if it works out he likely is open to resigning a reasonable contract. That seems exactly what teams will look for to make a final push. Ideally LA fills his role.
    I could see Celtics going after him if their top options fail. I don’t see the Spurs trading if in the playoff hunt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay for Olynk + KZ Okpala

Get a look at a young 3/D guy with some actual size and potential upside.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to Bos is screaming to happen. I suspect Spurs would want one of Langford, Nesmith, or a future pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA to Bos is screaming to happen. I suspect Spurs would want one of Langford, Nesmith, or a future pick.
    Celtics are way more than a piece away from contention and Aldridge/Gay will not move the needle. Ainge knows this season is lost, doubt he parts with anything of value. Meanwhile Spurs have inflated hopes with recent playoff contention and will not be making longer term moves at the cost of this season. LMA gets bought out “for the culture” before we trade him and concede we are building towards the future.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics are way more than a piece away from contention and Aldridge/Gay will not move the needle. Ainge knows this season is lost, doubt he parts with anything of value. Meanwhile Spurs have inflated hopes with recent playoff contention and will not be making longer term moves at the cost of this season. LMA gets bought out “for the culture” before we trade him and concede we are building towards the future.
    He’s considered a starter. A buyout wouldn’t be looked at over simply retaining him to finish the season.
    Last edited by BacktoBasics; 02-20-2021 at 01:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nuggets have their own pick, have a trade exception, and are in need of bench scoring. They seem like a plausible trade partner to me.

Them, Atlanta, Boston, Hornets, Bulls, Warriors, Pacers. These are the teams I can see the Spurs trading with.
    Harris and 1st for Gay and Lyles? Would cost the Spurs cap but isn't Harris supposed to be a good defender. He's underperformed but maybe could play better for the Spurs.

That or, Barton and a first for Gay. They get off of Barton's $14 million for next season while the Spurs get a late first for swapping Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Duncan said that Andre Drummond is likely to be waived if they can't find a trade for him. I could see Aldridge getting the same treatment.

I have wondered about Mills + Gay for Langford, Ojele, and their 2021 first, instead though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I absolutely think that's a possibility. Aldridge and the Spurs mutually agree to part ways, Aldridge signs with a contender while the Spurs continue on with Poeltl starting-- that's probably a win-win at this point with how well they've played with him instead of LaMarcus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s considered a started. A buyout wouldn’t be looked at over simply retaining him to finish the season.
    Disagree. If LMA makes any stink about losing his starter role he will ask for a buyout and we will accommodate because PATFO have taken Spurs culture too far. They do nice by everyone but their own franchise. We just finished paying Gasol and are still paying Demarre Carrol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disagree. If LMA makes any stink about losing his starter role he will ask for a buyout and we will accommodate because PATFO have taken Spurs culture too far. They do nice by everyone but their own franchise. We just finished paying Gasol and are still paying Demarre Carrol.
    Neither was an impactful starter. The Gasol deal was basically compensation for an opt out. I don’t like it but I get it.

Carrol was fallout from that piece of Morris disaster.

Those aren’t really good examples of why SA would buy out LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither was an impactful starter. The Gasol deal was basically compensation for an opt out. I don’t like it but I get it.

Carrol was fallout from that piece of Morris disaster.

Those aren’t really good examples of why SA would buy out LA.
    LMA is impactful as a starter; in an entirely negative way. We have precedence in accommodating over paid players who have contributed little to winning during their tenure. It is the cost of being a small market team. LMA is almost as useless as Pau was in his last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA is impactful as a starter; in an entirely negative way. We have precedence in accommodating over paid players who have contributed little to winning during their tenure. It is the cost of being a small market team. LMA is almost as useless as Pau was in his last season.
    As usual with this place that is a gross exaggeration. I’d definitely agree that poodle is clearly a better option but this isn’t about how we feel about LA. It’s how the FO perceives his value and we know that they see him as way more valuable than the examples of buyouts you listed. If they’re going to stand pat and hunt for a playoff birth there is no chance he gets bought out. They’ll ride that all the way out to the 10th spot if need be and it’s clear that this team is well within the top 10 in the West.

He’s not gonna be bought out. There is no value short or long term with that move. Even if you got 8 and 6 out of him that would be more valuable than any money you’d save on a buyout.

Simple answer: If he’s decent enough to get showcased looking for a trade he’s decent enough to be utilized for a playoff push.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As usual with this place that is a gross exaggeration. I’d definitely agree that poodle is clearly a better option but this isn’t about how we feel about LA. It’s how the FO perceives his value and we know that they see him as way more valuable than the examples of buyouts you listed. If they’re going to stand pat and hunt for a playoff birth there is no chance he gets bought out. They’ll ride that all the way out to the 10th spot if need be and it’s clear that this team is well within the top 10 in the West.

He’s not gonna be bought out. There is no value short or long term with that move. Even if you got 8 and 6 out of him that would be more valuable than any money you’d save on a buyout.

Simple answer: If he’s decent enough to get showcased looking for a trade he’s decent enough to be utilized for a playoff push.
    My argument was that we will not trade him given we are in the playoff hunt but knowing his personality if he goes to the bench he is likely to requests a buyout we will accommodate. Lol feel sorry for the suckers who pay you as “a life coach”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My argument was that we will not trade him given we are in the playoff hunt but knowing his personality if he goes to the bench he is likely to requests a buyout we will accommodate. Lol feel sorry for the suckers who pay you as “a life coach”
    Ohhh no I’m so insulted.

Nice backpeddle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ohhh no I’m so insulted.

Nice backpeddle.
    I don’t have a problem with LMA in a backup role, that’s a formidable guy to have playing 20 minutes (maybe more depending on matchups) I just don’t see him accepting that given his track record as a me first Spur. Precedence tells us when guys like him complain we ship them out quickly via trade (he has no value) or arrange a buyout and cut our losses to communicate to the rest of the league how we operate. We should have dumped him when he originally asked to be traded but Pop of all ppl bowed down and took the blame.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams- Cousins and Houston to part ways. Houston gets to go younger and Cousins gets to seek an opportunity elsewhere.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shams- Cousins and Houston to part ways. Houston gets to go younger and Cousins gets to seek an opportunity elsewhere.
    Rockets gonna Rockets.

In before someone suggests Cousins would be good for this team. Lol no, just no.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets gonna Rockets.

In before someone suggests Cousins would be good for this team. Lol no, just no.
    Yea, not for us with LMA still on tbe roster but, there's apparently interest from quite a few FO's. Boston or Toronto could certainly use him... both LA teams as well I'd think.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see us making any trades, it seem like we are going to fight for that 4-7th seat. Most importantly the team is improving as unit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rockets gonna Rockets.

I had a premonition or something a few days ago of that dude in a Spurs jersey and I nearly threw up. Aren’t there players on our team that are really close with Boogie? I can totally see it especially if the Spurs are being hush of LMA’s situation.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins would fill a positional need (assuming LMA is just plain gone) but I can't seem him not being the walking locker room chemistry disaster he has generally been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cousins is going to the Lakers tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at the Spurs roster there are only two players that are potentially movable and desirable.
    LMA is neither. The size of his contract limits any interst.
    Mills and Gay. Neither is going to fetch much as far as "assets goes".
    Both could benefit a true contender

As far as LMA goes, I think it's 50/50 he gets bought out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wanted Cousins a few years ago (before he joined the Warriors), not sure if I'd want him now, though. How was he playing this year?

Thread Information