Page 2 of 95 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Raptors have already figured out they've overpaid Siakam. Could be the best time to move him while his value is relatively high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Raptors have already figured out they've overpaid Siakam. Could be the best time to move him while his value is relatively high.
    , if having a rough 1st Q of the season from beyond the arc puts you on the trading block, I’m buying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , if having a rough 1st Q of the season from beyond the arc puts you on the trading block, I’m buying.
    It's not just that though. He was really bad in the playoffs and has also had disciplinary issues. He's paid like a 1st option when he's at his best as a second/third banana. His EFG% drops like a stone when his USG% increases. Never been much of an advanced stats darling either. Perhaps he can develop more as his development curve has been amazing, but at his age it's unlikely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing pat per par, and yes that would be sad since we have so much dead weight holding our young core down.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not just that though. He was really bad in the playoffs and has also had disciplinary issues. He's paid like a 1st option when he's at his best as a second/third banana. His EFG% drops like a stone when his USG% increases. Never been much of an advanced stats darling either. Perhaps he can develop more as his development curve has been amazing, but at his age it's unlikely.
    Wait, when did we start talking about DDR?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only chance a deal happens is if any of the vets asked to be traded otherwise there won’t be a deal
    Dog praying gif that LA is unhappy and demands, yes demands a trade!
    I think they'll shop him but probably won't find any buyers. Wouldn't shock if he asks to be brought out and they oblige him.

Wouldn't be for the worse tbh. Spurs get slightly worse, which could decrease their chances of making the playoffs, and gives them a chance at another lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    February 6th 2021 at 1:15pm CST by Dana Gauruder

The Bulls are receiving plenty of attention from potential trade partners but it’s uncertain whether Arturas Karnisovas, their executive VP of basketball operations, is interested in making any deals, Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun Times reports.
    The March 25 trade deadline is still in the distance but teams are looking increasingly at the Bulls to fortify their rotations with power forward Thaddeus Young is drawing the most interest, according to Cowley. That confirms an earlier report that Young is the team’s most viable trade candidate.

Young’s contract could give teams some cap flexibility. He’s making approximately $13.5MM this season with a salary of $14.2MM next season. However, only $6MM of next season’s salary is guaranteed.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/02/...ng-others.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone we would trade has more value to us letting their deals expire to create capspace tbh...

Only trades that make sense is to trade a vet on a one year deal to get a player you would want in the off season anyway...like if you could give up rudy and a 2nd for collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone we would trade has more value to us letting their deals expire to create capspace tbh...

Only trades that make sense is to trade a vet on a one year deal to get a player you would want in the off season anyway...like if you could give up rudy and a 2nd for collins
    Unless SA decides to thin the herd of youngsters, something like the board floated trade of Sammich/Lonnie for Collins. I’d rather see that happen in the summer, though, so we can do an extend and trade to lock up Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1h
    Rose and the Pistons agreed a trade is best for both sides, sources say, clearing way for Detroit and New York to work toward agreement. Rose is on track to reunite with Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania

The Detroit Pistons are nearing agreement on deal to send Derrick Rose to the New York Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr. and draft compensation, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania
    1h
    Rose and the Pistons agreed a trade is best for both sides, sources say, clearing way for Detroit and New York to work toward agreement. Rose is on track to reunite with Knicks head coach Tom Thibodeau.

Shams Charania
    ShamsCharania

The Detroit Pistons are nearing agreement on deal to send Derrick Rose to the New York Knicks for Dennis Smith Jr. and draft compensation, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII.
    The Knicks never fail to disappoint. The last thing they need is another PG, or to give up any kind of draft pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Det are probably getting their own 2nd round pick that they owe to the Knicks. I like this trade for both teams.

Edit. Seems to be Charlotte's 2nd instead.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 02-07-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It only makes sense from the Knicks perspective if there's mutual interest in re-signing (presumably likely) and if they're going to trade one of their veteran guards (Rivers is the one rumored to be drawing interest currently).

Makes sense for the Pistons. Take a 4 month flier on a fighting for his NBA career Smith Jr. (should receive about 20 mpg with only Wright ahead of him), receive a 40ish pick and save money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is looking for shooting bigs, and has a record sized TE from the Hayward deal.
    D Rose couldn't fetch a first. A TPE offers us nothing... they will include a 2nd
    most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Collins dream could be over. DeAndre Hunter had a major injury that requires surgery. Atlanta might be more inclined to keep Collins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Collins dream could be over. DeAndre Hunter had a major injury that requires surgery. Atlanta might be more inclined to keep Collins.
    Well....on to Markannen....then to Bagley?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well....on to Markannen....then to Bagley?
    God no to Markannen. Markannen looks like Samanic if Samanic got all the playing time from Day 1.... And that's not a good thing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God no to Markannen. Markannen looks like Samanic if Samanic got all the playing time from Day 1.... And that's not a good thing.
    Very much disagree on Markannen... he's improved alot...so much that Chicago is regretting not extending him...it's going to cost them...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very much disagree on Markannen... he's improved alot...so much that Chicago is regretting not extending him...it's going to cost them...
    I'm trying so hard to see it... I see a maybe slightly better Davis Bertans upside in him. Quick release on 3s. Can shoot from anywhere. Ball handling is nothing special. Athleticism is okay. He's not very fast. I don't know. I could definitely be wrong. We will see.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hunter tore his meniscus, not his Achilles/ACL, etc. and either way I don't think it'd factor into their decision with Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just not sold on Markkanen... subpar #s on rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, not much of a defender. Someone's gonna offer him too much money for his 3pt shooting, & I'm guessing it'll be an overpay the Spurs won't want to match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Knicks never fail to disappoint. The last thing they need is another PG, or to give up any kind of draft pick.
    This is false.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will take not more than 8 weeks, I guess.
    But I don't think the Spurs can get Collins at all.

Thread Information