Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KingKev loves projecting absurdities onto others so he can argue superiority with another empty take.
    ...our resident “life coach” seems to hold grudges versus adding anything to the conversation. How many times did you use the thesaurus to write that dig? Isn’t that what life coaches do? Use big words to appear intelligent? In my book a life coach is synonymous with the word muppet. I never accused rjv of being happy with that, rather posed “if” he is happy with the scenario I believe his state of thinking is not conducive to our common goal of winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for s and grins, would anyone be interested in Porzingod? Sounds like Cuban is clearing cap room, and I know the Spurs have been enamored before. The bad blood between SA and the NYK is supposedly because Dolan accused the Spurs of tampering. He’s obviously not a great fit in Dallas, but he’s got a line of 20p/8r/1.5bl shooting 35% from long, in 30 minutes, and he’s still only 25.

LMA and Lyles is an almost perfect match.
    Holy , felt like he was already 30, not 25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for s and grins, would anyone be interested in Porzingod? Sounds like Cuban is clearing cap room, and I know the Spurs have been enamored before. The bad blood between SA and the NYK is supposedly because Dolan accused the Spurs of tampering. He’s obviously not a great fit in Dallas, but he’s got a line of 20p/8r/1.5bl shooting 35% from long, in 30 minutes, and he’s still only 25.

Personally I feel he would be a great fit. Suspect you’d have to replace Lyles with Walker IV or Sammy and a first however. I’m also suspect in the lines of communication between the Mavs and us. Seems kinda faux pas given the rivalry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austrian - Latvian - Croatian frontcourt rotation

Though Dallas would probably ask a lot.

They'd probably want Poeltl in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

hard not to love porzingod, i just dont know what the asking price would be and if we could actually make it work. i dont think its just a matter of matching salaries.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if samanic ever realized his potential, pairing him with KP at the big positions could be pretty silly

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ...our resident “life coach” seems to hold grudges versus adding anything to the conversation. How many times did you use the thesaurus to write that dig? Isn’t that what life coaches do? Use big words to appear intelligent? In my book a life coach is synonymous with the word muppet. I never accused rjv of being happy with that, rather posed “if” he is happy with the scenario I believe his state of thinking is not conducive to our common goal of winning.
    I can see you a mile away. You don’t like people “holding a grudge”... or simply pointing out your bull ? Then stop doing it.

You can just as easily make your point without building strawmen or projecting lies onto people. I’ve seen you do this more than a few times now. If you can’t make an effective argument or point without putting words in people’s mouths then it’s you with the problem.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like it was all bull :

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see if Collins would even want to sign here after that debacle we saw with him and Murray last game.
    It was so brief I doubt it would mean anything.

Wade intentionally made a dirty play and broke Rondo's arm but they still teamed up for a bad Bulls team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Personally I feel he would be a great fit. Suspect you’d have to replace Lyles with Walker IV or Sammy and a first however. I’m also suspect in the lines of communication between the Mavs and us. Seems kinda faux pas given the rivalry.
    Spurs would need to send out more salary than Walker as a second piece to avoid the tax. That trade would probably work from a CBA standpoint, but not for the Spurs. The LMA/Lyles trade matches down to $33,000, proverbial NBA pocket change, and gives DAL the cap room they need this summer. Ending contracts are a commodity. There probably aren’t that many teams that can just absorb Porzingas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austrian - Latvian - Croatian frontcourt rotation

Though Dallas would probably ask a lot.

They'd probably want Poeltl in return.
    They want cap room for this summer to chase Collins. That means ending contracts. Poeltl isn’t that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They want cap room for this summer to chase Collins. That means ending contracts. Poeltl isn’t that.
    Really odd. Aren't they the same type of player? Is Porzingas really that much worse?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs would need to send out more salary than Walker as a second piece to avoid the tax. That trade would probably work from a CBA standpoint, but not for the Spurs. The LMA/Lyles trade matches down to $33,000, proverbial NBA pocket change, and gives DAL the cap room they need this summer. Ending contracts are a commodity. There probably aren’t that many teams that can just absorb Porzingas.
    I just don’t see them dumping KP for literally nothing other than a chance at a RFA. Suspect they will want some compensation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA and Poetl actually could work. They need to clear about 10-15mm to offer Collins a max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really odd. Aren't they the same type of player? Is Porzingas really that much worse?
    It’s not a player for value exchange. Dallas wants cap room for this summer, and has a player who doesn’t fit their system who’s making about $30M/yr for the next 3 years. They have a bunch of other dead weight contracts, but nothing anyone else would want. They have to find someone to ship them nothing but ending contracts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA and Poetl actually could work. They need to clear about 10-15mm to offer Collins a max.
    That’s assuming they’re willing to renounce Hardaway. The Spurs can offer them a clean solution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s assuming they’re willing to renounce Hardaway. The Spurs can offer them a clean solution.
    Fair point. Tbh i’d be happy with either KP or Collins. They both check a number of boxes for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fair point. Tbh i’d be happy with either KP or Collins. They both check a number of boxes for us.
    KP is the more complete product. He came into the league at 19, and dropped 14/7 as a skinny ass kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s not a player for value exchange. Dallas wants cap room for this summer, and has a player who doesn’t fit their system who’s making about $30M/yr for the next 3 years. They have a bunch of other dead weight contracts, but nothing anyone else would want. They have to find someone to ship them nothing but ending contracts.
    What I was asking was why Collins would fit their team better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KP is the more complete product. He came into the league at 19, and dropped 14/7 as a skinny ass kid.
    Agreed, just think you are undervaluing his trade value. Mavs have a few levers they could pull to clear
    cap and THJ is not a lock to be resigned and only recently started playing to his current contract. KP will easily fetch more than just a salary dump of LMA and Lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, like if the choice was Collins for $20M or Collins for $30M, I'd obviously pick the former. But if the choice is Collins for $30M or someone else they don't like as much for $20M (or even like $17M), then I can't ride with it. Like they could well either like or be stuck with a guy like Markkannen, and that signing might even be better than Collins if Mark is good. But they shouldn't kid themselves into thinking Markkannen plus a $10M to $13M player is somehow smarter than overpaying for their top guy.

That said, it's not impossible that they just straight up like a guy like Markkannen. I know a RealGMer thought the Spurs would add a first to a Murray-Mark swap.

well. again, i think it will all be rendered moot when collins goes elsewhere but i'm hoping that all collins asks for is less than 30. i've read rumors about how he thinks of himself as a max player. and that's overvaluing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well. again, i think it will all be rendered moot when collins goes elsewhere but i'm hoping that all collins asks for is less than 30. i've read rumors about how he thinks of himself as a max player. and that's overvaluing.
    Half the league thinks they’re Max players. The front offices decide. Many times they decide wrong. It’s all about whose upside tickles your balls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The price that clears the market is likely the max. Whether he is worth that is debatable and only time will tell. If you love him at 25 bucks you should like him at 30.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love for the team to explore options, due diligence in Spurs' corporate speak, involving DD and LA, but if it involves getting back an often injured player like Porzingis with a high price tag, personally, I'd prefer to let our expensive contracts expire and not bring someone in. I believe in our youth even if I don't think think we are close to a championship. Or rather, I'd rather watch our youth develop and see where it goes, while being very clear eyed that we aren't anywhere near winning a championship yet. Put another way, I see Porzingis as a #3 option on a le team, not the #1,, which would be our expectation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What I was asking was why Collins would fit their team better
    He isn’t a star yet. Porzingas was an AS in NY, and may not appreciate having such a ball dominant player controlling the offense. Collins already has one, even if the don’t get along.

Thread Information