Page 26 of 95 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an option they should be exploring and the obvious target is (again) Collins. The Hawks will probably match any offer sheet (maybe a max dissuades them), so . . .

To Hawks: Spurs top 10 protected '21 1st, Ojeleye
    To Celtics: Gay
    To Spurs: Collins

This would probably increase the chances of a Aldridge trade/buyout . . .

Starters: Collins, DeRozan, Poeltl, White, Murray

Rotation: Mills, Johnson, Walker IV, Vassell, Lyles
    I mean, the Spurs pick could just as easily be a lottery pick but that seems light for the Hawks to give up on Collins, even if they don't plan to match or offer him the max. Maybe that could work out if Boston were to trade their 2021 first and it gets routed to the Hawks. Otherwise, I think that there's other deals that the Hawks would take for Collins.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was being truly honest, I'd probably prefer Aaron over JC. JC just seems like a 1 dimensional stiff to me and Aaron seems more dynamic where you can use him in different scenarios. I would just have to erase those music videos from my memory to accept it.
    I agree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I was being truly honest, I'd probably prefer Aaron over JC. JC just seems like a 1 dimensional stiff to me and Aaron seems more dynamic where you can use him in different scenarios. I would just have to erase those music videos from my memory to accept it.
    Collins is a much better shooter though. Gordon has upped his 3-point percentage this season, but I'm not sure if he can keep that up. He would hurt the spacing in the starting line up. The problem with the Magic is they want DeRozan more than anybody. What they are missing is an iso scorer to take their team to the next level. I wouldn't want to give up DeMar to get Aaron Gordon.
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 03-04-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to get JC... Bagley, if could be had, would be worth the flyer. Young enough and with talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Folks in this thread have basically been looking at the Spurs as sellers, but would anyone be okay with the team including this year's first with some expirings looking to buy something? Back when it looked like the Spurs were going to pick in the lottery again, it didn't make sense to trade the pick. But honestly, I'm not sure how badly the team needs a guy picked in the 20s given the youth on the squad already. I don't see them as one reasonable piece from a le or anything. But it might be possible to get a long-term fit with the young guys and then use subsequent off-seasons or trades to try to take more steps.
    i'd have no problem with that. whether its selling LMA, or using LMA + a pick to buy, (or something similar involving gay/mills), im ok with it. just want to extract some value out of the vets before their free agency

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi, I am just a dude who loves the Spurs and doesn't know jack about the NBA other than trades I pull of in 2K21.

But... what about someone like Mitc Robinson? Seems like they have a ton of bigs so maybe he's expendable? I just want a guy to be another Jakob. Block, rebound, dunk from time to time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to make a run at Gordon and Bamba. Gordon has the versatility to guard the LBJ/KD/Kawhi/PGs of the league and could use a change of scenery. Likewise Bamba probably needs a shot elsewhere. Only 22, all the physical atteibutes to be the next Gobert and has show flashes of an offensive touch. Gay or Mills plus Walker IV and a second for Gordon and Bamba would be huge if we could pull if off although I’d suspect Orl would want a first or Sammy instead of a second.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to make a run at Gordon and Bamba. Gordon has the versatility to guard the LBJ/KD/Kawhi/PGs of the league and could use a change of scenery. Likewise Bamba probably needs a shot elsewhere. Only 22, all the physical atteibutes to be the next Gobert and has show flashes of an offensive touch. Gay or Mills plus Walker IV and a second for Gordon and Bamba would be huge if we could pull if off although I’d suspect Orl would want a first or Sammy instead of a second.
    I'd like Gordon (although Grant in Detroit I'd go after 1st) and Bamba would be a nice guy to kick the tires on... I don't believe I'd give up Lonnie for him though....I'd rather replace him with our 1st rd pick ... I wouldn't offer more than that for a guy who can enter Free Agency...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Six-time All-Star forward Blake Griffin has agreed to a contract buyout with the Detroit Pistons and will become an unrestricted free agent, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi, I am just a dude who loves the Spurs and doesn't know jack about the NBA other than trades I pull of in 2K21.

But... what about someone like Mitc Robinson? Seems like they have a ton of bigs so maybe he's expendable? I just want a guy to be another Jakob. Block, rebound, dunk from time to time.
    knicks are super high on him

in that mold I’ve had my eye on Robert Williams. More attainable, less of a featured rotation piece- plenty of potential as an energy big who can block shots and run the floor. Celtics make sense as a trade partner with their TPE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffen should go to the Suns. They have that miracle medical staff and he can play with his butt buddy CP3 again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin hasn't dunked since December of 2019

Dude is finished. Bet he goes to LAL or BKN though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think Griffin is going back to LA, but to the Lakers. Man that would be a big F U to Balmer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Griffin hasn't dunked since December of 2019

Dude is finished. Bet he goes to LAL or BKN though
    thats insane tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 days until the deadline, boys

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's an interesting article about Chris Boucher blocking three point attempts at a record clip:
    https://hoopshype.com/2021/02/22/tor...nse-sixth-man/

The thought of Poeltl & Boucher on the court together is appealing, with Poeltl the anchor and Boucher being allowed to roam as more of a free safety. He's a free agent after next season. I like his fit much more than that of John Collins. Probably a pipe dream though, as he's a good candidate to win 6th man of the year & likely to be offered an extension by Toronto.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 days until the deadline, boys
    Tis the season for Spurs to over value their players and for the players to ask for buy outs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, the Spurs pick could just as easily be a lottery pick but that seems light for the Hawks to give up on Collins, even if they don't plan to match or offer him the max. Maybe that could work out if Boston were to trade their 2021 first and it gets routed to the Hawks. Otherwise, I think that there's other deals that the Hawks would take for Collins.
    Top 5-7 protected and Walker IV, is as far as I'd be willing to go.

Again, in a vacuum he'd obviously be worth more than that. In the situation they've put themselves in, they'll be hard pressed to get a pick as potentially valuable as that.

No chance the Celtics offer a 1st for Gay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed that the Kings are reported to be trying to trade Bagley but are getting very little interest. He could be a potential get for us if we can't get an Aaron Gordon or Grant.

Also, with Detroit buying out Blake you have to wonder if they will become bigger sellers than initially thought. I would think moving Grant and Plumlee would make sense for them. A 3 team deal sending them LMA (to be bought out) and Plumlee going to Boston could make sense.

Detroit- LMA + our 1st + Langford
    Boston- Plumlee
    SA- Grant

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I noticed that the Kings are reported to be trying to trade Bagley but are getting very little interest. He could be a potential get for us if we can't get an Aaron Gordon or Grant.

Also, with Detroit buying out Blake you have to wonder if they will become bigger sellers than initially thought. I would think moving Grant and Plumlee would make sense for them. A 3 team deal sending them LMA (to be bought out) and Plumlee going to Boston could make sense.

Boston- Plumlee
    SA- Grant
    If we wanted Plumlee for our backup C we could do something like this

Detroit- LMA + our 1st + Lonnie

SA- Grant + Plumlee

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5-7 protected and Walker IV, is as far as I'd be willing to go.

Again, in a vacuum he'd obviously be worth more than that. In the situation they've put themselves in, they'll be hard pressed to get a pick as potentially valuable as that.

No chance the Celtics offer a 1st for Gay.
    No chance the Celtics offer a 1st for just Gay, I was thinking of adding Mills to that 3-teamer but your trade is simpler and works financially.

I still don't know if the Hawks take that deal but a possible lottery pick, and a decent young player, for a player that the Hawks probably aren't that excited to pay the max to, is a compe ive offer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Not sure I agree with LAC’s FO being called amazing but hard to disagree in hindsight with what happened to Detroit as a result of the trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Boston- Plumlee
    SA- Grant
    re Bagley...

This season has only provided more drama. Bagley had a brutal start to the campaign on the floor, and his father chastised Kings’ head coach Luke Walton and asked for his son to be traded on Twitter.

Spurs won’t want any Uncle Dennis reruns.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    re Bagley...

This season has only provided more drama. Bagley had a brutal start to the campaign on the floor, and his father chastised Kings’ head coach Luke Walton and asked for his son to be traded on Twitter.

Spurs won’t want any Uncle Dennis reruns.
    You're probably right about that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar will not be traded unless whoever is brought back in the trade helps the team win now. This is assuming the Spurs are still fighting for a playoff spot. Trading DeMar and then risk missing the playoffs when you were on track to get in will be horrible from a PR standpoint. Spurs are not known to take such risks. I don't think there's anyone like that we can trade for, so any trade involving DeMar will likely happen in the offseason.

You can apply the same reasoning with the other vets, but they're not really big engines on the team and their production could easily be replaced. DeMar is a big part of our offense. Not saying he's great at it, in fact I prefer an offense without him in it. But the reality is we have to look at it from the Spurs' point of view: do they think they would be able to replace his production with our young guys? If Lonnie was further along, I would say maybe.

Thread Information