Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could be back before the end of the season. They still have Capela, and just drafted Okungwu. I don’t think they would have played hard ball with the extension if they didn’t feel comfortable with their depth.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm trying so hard to see it... I see a maybe slightly better Davis Bertans upside in him. Quick release on 3s. Can shoot from anywhere. Ball handling is nothing special. Athleticism is okay. He's not very fast. I don't know. I could definitely be wrong. We will see.
    Collins is my preferred acquisition if we are talking similar money. If we are talking 30M for Collins or 20M for Markannen I'll take Lauri. I think Collins is a better fit next to Poeltl but if Eubanks makes it as a backup I like Markannen better next to him in that lineup. All that said, I think the odds are against us getting either of them. If that happens I would kick the tires on Bagley at a lower number and giving Sacto a small asset for the privilege if they want to move on (and it seems like both parties may want a divorce there).

In any of those scenarios I'd want to add Wagner if at all possible....fits perfectly and I believe has more upside than all of these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Care to elaborate? As a long time Knicks fan, I'd say adding Rose does nothing for their long term prospects and takes valuable playing time away from a younger player like Quickley.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if its Lyles who gets traded if there is one to make. He was vocal about getting more playing time after the wolves win, and he got 0 burn in the next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be surprised if its Lyles who gets traded if there is one to make. He was vocal about getting more playing time after the wolves win, and he got 0 burn in the next game.
    I noticed that too. But there is a back to back coming up with Warriors where he can showcase more than just one game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    1h
    The Bulls say Lauri Markkanen is expected to miss 2-to-4 weeks due to a sprained acromioclavicular joint in his right shoulder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Marc Stein @TheSteinLine
    1h
    The Bulls say Lauri Markkanen is expected to miss 2-to-4 weeks due to a sprained acromioclavicular joint in his right shoulder
    Dude is as fragile as Gallinari. Some guys are talented enough, but not durable enough to last in the NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is my preferred acquisition if we are talking similar money. If we are talking 30M for Collins or 20M for Markannen I'll take Lauri. I think Collins is a better fit next to Poeltl but if Eubanks makes it as a backup I like Markannen better next to him in that lineup. All that said, I think the odds are against us getting either of them. If that happens I would kick the tires on Bagley at a lower number and giving Sacto a small asset for the privilege if they want to move on (and it seems like both parties may want a divorce there).

In any of those scenarios I'd want to add Wagner if at all possible....fits perfectly and I believe has more upside than all of these guys.
    It should be about getting the best player/fit. Collins at $30M, while a nominal overpay (a prerequisite to poaching a quality RFA), would also be largely irrelevant, since the $10M difference more than likely isn't going to make or break anything of significance.

The thing is, if they acquire Collins, him playing most of the rotational backup five minutes would have to be baked into the equation.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It should be about getting the best player/fit. Collins at $30M, while a nominal overpay (a prerequisite to poaching a quality RFA), would also be largely irrelevant, since the $10M difference more than likely isn't going to make or break anything of significance.

The thing is, if they acquire Collins, him playing most of the rotational backup five minutes would have to be baked into the equation.
    But there has to be some consideration to the amount of overpay related to the expectations on production. How much is the overpay? If it's 5 million it's not a big deal...if 10 it's more problematic...of course that comes fown to evaluation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They (Spurs) are rarely a player at the trade deadline and this year looks to be no different. Your candidates are:

Aldridge Injured at this time, is playing like Father Time has came this season, defense has been horrible. He still has his stroke but at his price tag, I think the ship has sailed on moving him.

Rudy I have been down on Rudy this season as he is in love with shooting every time the ball is in his hand. Like Aldridge, his body is unable to perform consistently so he has a solid game and then is a liability for 2 or 3 following. Maybe a contender would like to have him for some bench scoring.

Patty Seems like the most likely candidate to get calls of interest from other teams but it would be very un-Spurs like for them to ship out the most tenured guy on the roster.

Derozan He should generate interest with his skillset and recent play but he is at the end of his contract so that has to lessen interest as he is a risk to walk after the season is over. Add to that his paycheck and that complicates any trade attempt.

Misc Maybe Lonnie or Lyles could be part of a smaller deal since these guys don't make a ton of money. Nobody is untouchable for the right deal but I just don't see anything happening that would ship out Dejounte, Derrick, Keldon or Vassel.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very much disagree on Markannen... he's improved alot...so much that Chicago is regretting not extending him...it's going to cost them...
    yes, there is a great chance that Samanic will never reach the level of Lauri in the second year, this is what best Lauri is. If Samanic had some of the games that Lauri played in his second year people would be here talking about how his second year is better than Dirk's second year, lol, they were talking about this in Kawhi / Keldon comparison.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt we'll see the Spurs do anything. Perhaps a LMA buyout like Pau if he continues to regress. I'll be flabbergasted if the FO moves any of the expiring vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt we'll see the Spurs do anything. Perhaps a LMA buyout like Pau if he continues to regress. I'll be flabbergasted if the FO moves any of the expiring vets.
    Rudy’s a possibility. He’s not quite the train wreck that LMA is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scouting twitter for rumors...
    Take these with a TINY grain of salt

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thoughts? yeah! Let him drag that team down.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, if all those teams are interested for real, the Spurs need to pull the trigger and make one of those trades with Aldridge. I'd also be interested in trading DeRozan to the Heat if they can give us some decent pieces back.

Edit : If the Spurs want to go after John Collins, can they take back much money? Would Atlanta have any interest in a Demar DeRozan swap centered around Collins?
    Last edited by Ice009; 02-08-2021 at 08:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't falling for this again. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me for 20 years...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't falling for this again. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me for 20 years...
    Darn, I need to temper my expectations. You're right, we've been fooled far too many times to fall for this again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the clippers trade every pick they had for like a million years to get PG? So, it'd be a player. But who do we want?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't the clippers trade every pick they had for like a million years to get PG? So, it'd be a player. But who do we want?
    Zubac, Kabengele

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol... Nephew coming back!

Everybody, make sure you cheer in any way you personally feel like cheering.

And truly give it your all!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it's the Clippers we would get that piece of Marcus Morris together with Zubac I guess

Philly would have to give up Green and Seth Curry, I can't see that happening. Makes no damn sense for both teams.

Dubs would be Oubre and Wiseman or something around Wiggins. No way that's happening.

Boston having the trade exception makes the most sense. But then again I also read a rumor about the Spurs trading Gay and Mills for Kyle Lowry

I'm pretty sure we are standing pat as usual

Thread Information