Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak resigned under the assumption he was going to be the starter and amazingly it's already happened this year. Yak may not care about touches, but he wants to start. And trading him after just resigning him would be completely out of character for the Spurs. This trade is not happening is my overwhelming thought.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. Not for anyone on their roster.
    ex preaching the truth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs' best offer for Vooch should be Aldridge, Lonnie Walker, Eubanks and rights to the forgotten Nikola Milutinov and the 2021 first round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills, Gay and Walker for Vucevic. They get a young athletic prospect on his rookie deal and get cap relief with expiring deals.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9kkeqrw
    this reminds me of the good old days when ST trade proposals were all "blair, bonner, neal for good player"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey Dejounte how about breaking down a aldridge,gay,mills for wiseman trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought Vucevic made more sense instead of Aaron Gordon. Orlando should want a bunch back. I don’t think Lonnie and a late teens pick would do it. I don’t think adding Luka would be enough either. I can’t see this happening.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Vucevic fits this team, but if the plan was to acquire him for DeRozan for use in another trade down the road, I'd be in favor. It looks like no one is willing to give up anything for DeRozan, but I think Vucevic + a piece brings something worthwhile in return. Obviously if you like DeRozan and want him re-signed, this doesn't apply, but I'm not in that camp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think Vucevic fits this team, but if the plan was to acquire him for DeRozan for use in another trade down the road, I'd be in favor. It looks like no one is willing to give up anything for DeRozan, but I think Vucevic + a piece brings something worthwhile in return. Obviously if you like DeRozan and want him re-signed, this doesn't apply, but I'm not in that camp.
    When do teams acquire players for trades down the road?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills, Gay and Walker for Vucevic. They get a young athletic prospect on his rookie deal and get cap relief with expiring deals.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9kkeqrw
    funny

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The Spurs' best offer for Vooch should be Aldridge, Lonnie Walker, Eubanks and rights to the forgotten Nikola Milutinov and the 2021 first round pick.
    i’d do this in a heartbeat if i was the spurs.

but wouldn’t even consider it if i was the magic tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vuc, AG and Bamba are interesting pieces. First two are not without their flaws and need the right compliment at the 4/5. Lohnnie for Bamba straight up is a fair trade and a wise gamble IMO.
    I would love to see what we can do with Bamba since Orlando is wasting him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definetely in favor of trading any or all of the expiring vets along with Lonnie for front-court upgrades.
    That makes 2 of us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't Poeltl the future center?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to see what we can do with Bamba since Orlando is wasting him.
    Too weak to defend centers is what ORL fans are saying about him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This sound familiar to anybody?

L M A O

Fans everywhere are the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why isn't Poeltl the future center?
    because Nikola Vucevic, a 10 year vet at age 30, with almost no playoff experience outside of 2 first round 5 game losses, and a center anchoring one of the worst defenses in basketball is the answer to us being a legit playoff team

Can some other teams GM float us as leverage so we can derail this convo now

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    because Nikola Vucevic, a 10 year vet at age 30, with almost no playoff experience outside of 2 first round 5 game losses, and a center anchoring one of the worst defenses in basketball is the answer to us being a legit playoff team
    Anthony Davis, as a 7 year vet at age 26, had barely more playoff success (13 total games) when he was traded to the Lakers, and the Pelicans' defense was further below league average for 5 of those 7 years in New Orleans than the Magic's is this year.

I'm not saying Vucevic is as good as AD, and I wouldn't want the Spurs to give up anything significant for him (maybe not even trade for him at all due to how it would affect the team's trajectory), but good players do get stuck in bad situations sometimes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis, as a 7 year vet at age 26, had barely more playoff success (13 total games) when he was traded to the Lakers, and the Pelicans' defense was further below league average for 5 of those 7 years in New Orleans than the Magic's is this year.

I'm not saying Vucevic is as good as AD, and I wouldn't want the Spurs to give up anything significant for him (maybe not even trade for him at all due to how it would affect the team's trajectory), but good players do get stuck in bad situations sometimes.
    AD played in the western conference. Do we need to discuss the differences here.

he was also a perennial DPOY candidate despite the surrounding issues of his team and obvious generational type talent.

to even bring him up here is speaking volumes to how punch drunk this fanbase is.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AD played in the western conference. Do we need to discuss the differences here.

he was also a perennial DPOY candidate despite the surrounding issues of his team and obvious generational type talent.

to even bring him up here is speaking volumes to how punch drunk this fanbase is.
    Again, I'm not comparing Vucevic to AD directly. I'm saying that I don't agree with using lack of playoff success as a blanket disqualifier. AD's Pelicans had poor team defense too, so using the Magic's "weak" defense this year (21st out of 30 with a DRtg worse than league average by 0.9, bad but not awful) doesn't work either.

I'd only want Vucevic on terms highly favorable to the Spurs, and the Magic will get far better offers than what I think the Spurs should be willing to give up. I don't see Vucevic as any sort of savior at all, but it was interesting to think about imo.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too weak to defend centers is what ORL fans are saying about him.
    I'll admit that I don't watch Orlando on a regular basis, but from all the times I have watched them, he's hardly even gotten a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, I'm not comparing Vucevic to AD directly. I'm saying that I don't agree with using lack of playoff success as a blanket disqualifier. AD's Pelicans had poor team defense too, so using the Magic's "weak" defense this year (21st out of 30 with a DRtg worse than league average by 0.9, bad but not awful) doesn't work either.

I'd only want Vucevic on terms highly favorable to the Spurs, and the Magic will get far better offers than what I think the Spurs should be willing to give up. I don't see Vucevic as any sort of savior at all, but it was interesting to think about imo.
    it’s the totality of the Magic’s team defense and Vuc’s obvious shortcomings as a defender at the most important position in basketball. One player was clearly a good to great defender on a bad team in a brutal conference and the other is a defensive liability also on a bad team, but in a historically bad conference.

I highlight his lack of playoff success in particular because of the conference he plays in, and to call into question whether or not he is even a playable center in a series against LA, Utah, GS, really any of the WC playoff teams.

not directed at you- but I’d challenge anyone reading this who is infatuated with Vuc to go look at the most played 5 man line ups for every le winning or contending team in the last 10 years and tell me what they all have in common at the center position.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Aaron Gordon to play the 4 than Vucevic. Gordon & Bamba or Gordon & Aminu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regarding shipping off vets with expiring deals it is important to note that just as we are noticing the cap space that will be opened up may not be as desirable as originally thought.

Teams are starting to see the coming free agent class may not be as great as one would have hoped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d rather have Aaron Gordon to play the 4 than Vucevic. Gordon & Bamba or Gordon & Aminu.
    I’d rather split time between Luka/Keldon/Lyles and whoever we draft in the first round at the 4 spot than spend any time kicking tires on a Blake griffin prototype power forward

not efficient from 3. Not a particularly good defender. Kinda meh. Why bother.

I think something more legitimate might present itself closer to the deadline, realistically I don’t see the spurs being the ones as “buyers” in the trade. We need to be getting draft capital not sending it out.

Thread Information