Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    2d
    Story: NBA executives and agents explain the art of the smokescreen. How, when, and why they all leak info during trade talks near the deadline and other times on @hoopshype. hoopshype.com/2021/01/13/smo…
    This. Ainge saying very publicly that they don’t intend to use the TE until summer almost certainly means they’ll use it at the deadline. People here are almost always looking for attributed quotes, but those are almost always either smoke screens, or flat out lies. The most accurate comes from anonymous sources.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Ainge saying very publicly that they don’t intend to use the TE until summer almost certainly means they’ll use it at the deadline. People here are almost always looking for attributed quotes, but those are almost always either smoke screens, or flat out lies. The most accurate comes from anonymous sources.
    i agree but the question becomes: will the celtics be willing to use it on LMA? they'd have to take a hit to their hard cap and what would put them over the tax threshold. i also really don't know as to whether or not bradley stevens and danny ainge see eye to eye on how to utilize their bigs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things have to happen to use their TE on LMA. Their TE is 28,500,000. He has to waive his kicker, because with the kicker, his salary jumps to 28,600,000. They also have to find a contract that is palatable to SA, and will be large enough to take them under the hard cap apron. Even if he waives the kicker, they cannot simply absorb the $24,000,000 into the TE, even though it fits. An alternative would be to find a 3rd team to take the apron avoiding contract, but that complicates things even more, because they’d need some sort of asset to do so.
    Last edited by exstatic; 03-12-2021 at 03:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know we need a big, but wouldn't mind getting in the Troy brown running. He is a floor general type of wing with good size and legth, and has not had much opportunity. Came out way early at 18. 21 now, could be a good grooming option for that 6th man role. Kid hussles and works hard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trade discussions start about 16 mins in.

Jackie believes Minnesota really want John Collins. Have the assets to make it happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two things have to happen to use their TE on LMA. Their TE is 28,500,000. He has to waive his kicker, because with the kicker, his salary jumps to 28,600,000. They also have to find a contract that is palatable to SA, and will be large enough to take them under the hard cap apron. Even if he waives the kicker, they cannot simply absorb the $24,000,000 into the TE, even though it fits.
    thanks for the breakdown. i wasn't aware of LMA's kicker. i wonder what the stevens and ainge think in regards to how their bigs are used and whether or not they would send us back any in exchange for LMA. they'd have to first consider LMA a nice fit. i, personally, think LMA could help boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Trade discussions start about 16 mins in.

Jackie believes Minnesota really want John Collins. Have the assets to make it happen.
    Umm very interesting. Which insider was it that said this in the past? We need to follow that guy...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Umm very interesting. Which insider was it that said this in the past? We need to follow that guy...
    Nevermind, it was just Shams:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thanks for the breakdown. i wasn't aware of LMA's kicker. i wonder what the stevens and ainge think in regards to how their bigs are used and whether or not they would send us back any in exchange for LMA. they'd have to first consider LMA a nice fit. i, personally, think LMA could help boston.
    With Embiid beasting this year, teams are scrambling to find post defenders to throw at Philly in the playoffs. LMA sucks on the perimeter, but can still defend the post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge will most definitely waive his trade kicker if traded to a contender (Boston). How much salary would Boston need to shed (even though LMA fits within their TE)? I still think Boston makes the most sense. I guess Miami makes some sense also if they are willing to start LMA alongside Bam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would like “future trade considerations” included when the Spurs FO gets nothing of value in return. Remember this last contract year was only partly guaranteed, but the Spurs picked up the option way before the deadline.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge will most definitely waive his trade kicker if traded to a contender (Boston). How much salary would Boston need to shed (even though LMA fits within their TE)? I still think Boston makes the most sense. I guess Miami makes some sense also if they are willing to start LMA alongside Bam.
    I don't know if it's possible to partially waive a trade kicker. If so, Aldridge could waive $100k of it and take up the whole TE himself. The Celtics only have around $19M of room available under the apron, though, so if that almost-full trade kicker thing is possible, the Celtics would have to send out at least $8.5M in salary. If the trade kicker gets fully waived, it's $5M.

If the Celtics are willing to take Aldridge for Tristan Thompson and an asset, it seems like a good deal for the Spurs (depending on the quality of the asset, of course). Thompson makes $9.7M next season but the Spurs would get a much-needed backup C, and if the Spurs want to keep DeRozan they might operate over the cap this summer, in which case Thompson's salary doesn't affect the plan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought that I had read it would be around 9 million that Boston would need to dump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston can absorb about $19 Million without sending any salary out... so, to take LMA's contract w/o the kicker they'd need to send out around $5 million.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the trade deadline date/time?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Hate to say it, but Nephew might really ring this year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the trade deadline date/time?
    Not sure, but not soon enough if you ask me. I don't really want to see this drag on and not get a trade done at all. I want something that will help the Spurs be a better team, either now or down the line.

Are the Clippers looking good enough this season, or are you saying that because all the other teams aren't that great?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

They're not going to beat a healthy Lakers squad or the Nets if they get that far

Plus nephew will probably be gimped by playoff time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure, but not soon enough if you ask me. I don't really want to see this drag on and not get a trade done at all. I want something that will help the Spurs be a better team, either now or down the line.

Are the Clippers looking good enough this season, or are you saying that because all the other teams aren't that great?
    A lot of advanced metrics are showing that the George+Kawhi duo are the best duo in the NBA this year. That and their chemistry this year is really good. I think having good chemistry goes a long way when it comes to deep playoff runs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe OKC can take a bad contract and pick up a future 1st.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

2m
    Oklahoma City is trading guard Hamidou Diallo to Detroit for forward Svi Mykhailiuk and a 2027 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of advanced metrics are showing that the George+Kawhi duo are the best duo in the NBA this year. That and their chemistry this year is really good. I think having good chemistry goes a long way when it comes to deep playoff runs.
    Not to mention Batum's revitalization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on severity of Joel Embiid knee injury just now, they could become trade partner for LA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depending on severity of Joel Embiid knee injury just now, they could become trade partner for LA.
    He walked unassisted. I think he'll be fine

Thread Information