Page 4 of 95 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if it's the Clippers we would get that piece of Marcus Morris together with Zubac I guess

Philly would have to give up Green and Seth Curry, I can't see that happening. Makes no damn sense for both teams.

Dubs would be Oubre and Wiseman or something around Wiggins. No way that's happening.

Boston having the trade exception makes the most sense. But then again I also read a rumor about the Spurs trading Gay and Mills for Kyle Lowry

I'm pretty sure we are standing pat as usual
    Dubs could do something around wiggins + minny's 1st they hold....depending on how bad they want to shed the wiggins contract...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These wannabe journalists throw crap against the wall and hope something sticks. Almost none of these rumors make any sense given the puzzle pieces involved, including salary matching and picks that can be traded.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not getting my hopes up for a trade again. In fact, it wouldn't shock me if we ran this team back for a 4th year in a row.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dubs could do something around wiggins + minny's 1st they hold....depending on how bad they want to shed the wiggins contract...
    But what if Minnesota gets to hold on to their pick? If I'm not mistaken, it's top 3 protected.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But what if Minnesota gets to hold on to their pick? If I'm not mistaken, it's top 3 protected.
    Top 3 protected in 2021, unprotected in 2022 if it doesn't convey in 2021.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

That's an extremely juicy pick, even better than Wiseman imo. If the Warriors are willing to give it up to get a half season rental of Aldridge, even if it means the Spurs taking on Wiggins, I'd be all for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the parity in the west continues, a lot of teams come deadline will think they’re a piece away from true contention. Lakers appear vulnerable. Davis may not be 100% healthy all year.

Can’t see the Spurs making a move unless it involves an out of rotation piece; or disgruntled player who requests it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics will give us a 1st for LMA, and we'll accept.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 3 protected in 2021, unprotected in 2022 if it doesn't convey in 2021.
    https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dr...rafts/detailed

That's an extremely juicy pick, even better than Wiseman imo. If the Warriors are willing to give it up to get a half season rental of Aldridge, even if it means the Spurs taking on Wiggins, I'd be all for it.
    Thanks for the info.......it definitely would be nice to have that pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs could get anything to build for the future for Aldridge that would be great.

I've already accepted the fact, though, that the Spurs don't make any mid-season blockbuster deals, so I'll just end any speculation right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors aren't trading away that Minny pick. It's the best draft capital any team has for a Beal trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point you gotta believe they are trading Aldridge, right? The Spurs wouldn't be missing much (in fact, they might be even gaining) and LA would get to play for a contending team. Both parties happy and everything is right in the World. Honestly, at this point, I'm totally fine with just a late first rounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point you gotta believe they are trading Aldridge, right? The Spurs wouldn't be missing much (in fact, they might be even gaining) and LA would get to play for a contending team. Both parties happy and everything is right in the World. Honestly, at this point, I'm totally fine with just a late first rounder.
    Maybe the Sixers or Celtics would give up a pick for Aldridge but I don't know any other contenders who would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe the Sixers or Celtics would give up a pick for Aldridge but I don't know any other contenders who would.
    Pretty much any contender would give up a late first round pick for LA, if they think that's the kind of guy that could put them over the top. Now, if you are saying not many teams see him as that, I might agree, but we supposedly have all these teams showing interest so it makes you wonder.

Imho, the teams where LA makes the most sense are the Celtics (finally having that shooting big) and Lakers (anything is better than ex player Marc gasol). After that I don't see LA making a lot of sense on any contender. Maaaaybe the Heat, if they want to start Adebayo and LA together. The Nets to get a different look from Jordan? I don't know. I really don't get the Sixers rumour at all with Embiid there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty much any contender would give up a late first round pick for LA, if they think that's the kind of guy that could put them over the top. Now, if you are saying not many teams see him as that, I might agree, but we supposedly have all these teams showing interest so it makes you wonder.

Imho, the teams where LA makes the most sense are the Celtics (finally having that shooting big) and Lakers (anything is better than ex player Marc gasol). After that I don't see LA making a lot of sense on any contender. Maaaaybe the Heat, if they want to start Adebayo and LA together. The Nets to get a different look from Jordan? I don't know. I really don't get the Sixers rumour at all with Embiid there.
    The problem with the Nets and the Lakers is I believe they can’t offer any more first round picks after giving up a bunch of picks in the Davis and Harden trades. Sixers possibly could want him to load up on their big men depth with Embiid/Howard/LMA they would have a lot to throw at Davis if they met up with the Lakers in the Finals.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Celtics will give us a 1st for LMA, and we'll accept.
    Here’s hoping, but it is cheapo Angie we’re talking about. He probably draws a line at Semi Ojelei.

LMA seems like the only one to move. The other vets are playing at a good level, and Pop is intent on making the playoffs.
    Last edited by CGD; 02-09-2021 at 08:10 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'd take anything.
    LMA is done. As we've seen over the past few games, he's a detrimet to the team at this point.

Celtics are the only destination that makes sense.
    LMA is an expiring, so we can't expect much. I think Robert Williams and a second would be good value.
    Give him a shot, if it doesn't work out, it's like whatever.

LMA won't be here next season, anyway. And every front office that's interested knows that. I don't think we can get a first unless we take a bad contract with it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I ain't falling for this again. Fool me once, fool me twice, fool me for 20 years...
    Steve Kerr, around our first game with GS, basically said that the rumored trade would have happened if Klay didn’t blow his Achilles. Wasn’t a case of bad rumors, more like bad luck.

Anyone think that LMA is being held out for just this reason?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr, around our first game with GS, basically said that the rumored trade would have happened if Klay didn’t blow his Achilles. Wasn’t a case of bad rumors, more like bad luck.

He didn't "basically say it". It takes a large leap to assume it had anything to do with the Spurs when there are 28 other teams, if it had anything to do with a trade at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He didn't "basically say it". It takes a large leap to assume it had anything to do with the Spurs when there are 28 other teams, if it had anything to do with a trade at all.
    I’m just curious about your thought process when it was a press conference with SA in town to play a game with GS. Why would he be talking about one of the other 28 teams? Were there rumors of #2 and Wiggins to any of them?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I do think there's some validity to LMA being held out for this reason. I see it as that the don't want him injured and they want to get a better look at the 2nd unit with Eubanks there to determine how much of a drop-off they have going from Poeltl to Drew now that they legitimately believe they are a playoff caliber team. They have to like what they see so I expect this is all part of them getting ready to move LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith: Main thing I took away from talking to front office folks around the NBA over the past week: There aren’t really any sellers right now. One team told me “It’s going to be a seller’s market. Whoever does sell is going to get good stuff for not giving up all that much.”

– via Twitter KeithSmithNBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keith Smith: Main thing I took away from talking to front office folks around the NBA over the past week: There aren’t really any sellers right now. One team told me “It’s going to be a seller’s market. Whoever does sell is going to get good stuff for not giving up all that much.”

– via Twitter KeithSmithNBA
    Eh, I agree with Smitty that there aren't a lot of players on the market, but there isn't a lot of free currency either. Most contenders are leveraged already, and the lower-bracket teams are too bunched up together to give up their chances unless they get a huge offer. I wouldn't let go of any of the vets without a first coming back, and I don't see a team that has a convenient first to trade that'd do so for anyone except DMDR. MAYBE Miami could trade Precious.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is the only possibility. Others does not have expendable players to match salary. Boston needs to send 5 mil back for the trade to work under the hard cap.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I agree with Smitty that there aren't a lot of players on the market, but there isn't a lot of free currency either. Most contenders are leveraged already, and the lower-bracket teams are too bunched up together to give up their chances unless they get a huge offer. I wouldn't let go of any of the vets without a first coming back, and I don't see a team that has a convenient first to trade that'd do so for anyone except DMDR. MAYBE Miami could trade Precious.
    It's interesting because half the league has no future 1st's they can offer...but by definition, that means the other half has multiple 1st's they can put in a deal. Teams with no 1st's can only offer young players (Prescious Claxton etc) but those other teams with a boatload of picks might find it easier to let one go now for a vet knowing their cupboard is still full.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m just curious about your thought process when it was a press conference with SA in town to play a game with GS. Why would he be talking about one of the other 28 teams? Were there rumors of #2 and Wiggins to any of them?
    It wasn't a "press conference" first of all, it was on "sports radio" according to that guy. The fact that you're going by a paraphrase of a paraphrase from a source that can't link to the actual interview already confirms what I said in my initial post: that you're making huge leaps in your logic.

Thread Information