Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2371
    Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then they’re stuck with both players.
    Love, yes, but Drummond is an expiring contract. The Cavs are in line for a high lottery pick anyway, so if Drummond causes any sort of locker room trouble they could just cut him and not really be any worse for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do the Spurs get with a buyout? Unless Aldrige basically gives up all the money he is due, i don't see any benefit whatsoever for the Spurs to accommodate a buyout other than just "being nice" and being known as player friendly (aka pushovers).

If Spurs cant find a trade they need to tell LMA to suite up and play off the bench the rest of the season... We could still use him as a back up Center. We were already being nice and player friendly by guaranteeing his contract last year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The coverage of this has been typically one sided, with the national media practically begging teams to not give up so much as a minor asset. Guarantee you if he were a Warrior, Heat, Raptor, etc. he'd be about 50% more valuable in their eyes.

Given this organization's softness and the league's continued bitterness/jealousy of the Duncan era, the only reason to not expect a buyout is the symbolism of buying out a player who was a recent star for the organization. I doubt it'd sit as well with them as it did Gasol, for example.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do the Spurs get with a buyout? Unless Aldrige basically gives up all the money he is due, i don't see any benefit whatsoever for the Spurs to accommodate a buyout other than just "being nice" and being known as player friendly (aka pushovers).

If Spurs cant find a trade they need to tell LMA to suite up and play off the bench the rest of the season... We could still use him as a back up Center. We were already being nice and player friendly by guaranteeing his contract last year.
    He could take less money than what he is due this year and the Spurs get cred as an organization that does right by the players. Plus they don't take on any salary for next year and have space to pursue free agents or sell cap space for draft picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could take less money than what he is due this year and the Spurs get cred as an organization that does right by the players. Plus they don't take on any salary for next year and have space to pursue free agents or sell cap space for draft picks.
    And where's that gotten them again? Opposing teams treat them like an easy mark and the national media acts like it's a stain on one's career to play here.

Meanwhile, teams who are known for treating players like meat (Celtics, Morey era Rockets, Heat, Raptors, etc.) not only haven't had their reputations hurt, but they've mostly been helped in recent years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And where's that gotten them again? Opposing teams treat them like an easy mark and the national media acts like it's a stain on one's career to play here.

Meanwhile, teams who are known for treating players like meat (Celtics, Morey era Rockets, Heat, Raptors, etc.) not only haven't had their reputations hurt, but they've mostly been helped in recent years.
    Well I kind of disagree. Yes, we are a small market, but most of the media says the Spurs are a classy organization that does things right and the players, at least in public, seem to say the same things. I don't think anyone sees it as a stain to play for the Spurs. In fact, most media will say they do a superb job at development. I do agree that Spurs don't get all the free agents they want, but for years that has been mostly because they never had much space and someone could always offer more. Sure, all things being equal, a player would prefer NY or LA. But mostly we could never get the best free agents b/c our core had a bunch of HOF players and high value role players and that took up most of our salary cap space. Sure, we lost out on someone like Jason Kidd every so often, but we did get LMA, who was a big free agent the year he signed with the Spurs and had an opportunity to play at Portland, NY, and the Lakers and chose San Antonio.

So I think people still respect the Spurs. It might not get you LeBron, but people know if they go to the Spurs, they are going to be treated right. I think Kawhi took more of a hit for leaving San Antonio then the other way around, but that is the one black eye on the franchise, though I don't think they could have avoided it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I kind of disagree. Yes, we are a small market, but most of the media says the Spurs are a classy organization that does things right and the players, at least in public, seem to say the same things. I don't think anyone sees it as a stain to play for the Spurs. In fact, most media will say they do a superb job at development. I do agree that Spurs don't get all the free agents they want, but for years that has been mostly because they never had much space and someone could always offer more. Sure, all things being equal, a player would prefer NY or LA. But mostly we could never get the best free agents b/c our core had a bunch of HOF players and high value role players and that took up most of our salary cap space. Sure, we lost out on someone like Jason Kidd every so often, but we did get LMA, who was a big free agent the year he signed with the Spurs and had an opportunity to play at Portland, NY, and the Lakers and chose San Antonio.

So I think people still respect the Spurs. It might not get you LeBron, but people know if they go to the Spurs, they are going to be treated right. I think Kawhi took more of a hit for leaving San Antonio then the other way around, but that is the one black eye on the franchise, though I don't think they could have avoided it.
    They did until it became fashionable to dislike the Spurs, which was post S bag.

Playing here means receiving little to no credit and publicity and plenty of backhanded compliments.

That hasn't stopped so many other prominent players from going to glamour teams.

Mostly for family purposes. He never actually wanted to be a Spur; it was a marriage of convenience.

You can't be serious? S bag became deified the moment he left. He got virtually everything he wanted and the Spurs got on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

but i don't think this is just about LMA and the spurs wanting him to be happy. the spurs are moving on, scheme-wise, and aldridge doesn't fit into these plans. the only point of keeping him at this point, would be in providing insurance in case poeltl was injured.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

and i will add that the spurs never really shot for the big free agents all that much, because they didn't have to. they usually got exactly what they needed: a mario elie, will purdue, steve kerr, michael finley, robert horry...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but i don't think this is just about LMA and the spurs wanting him to be happy. the spurs are moving on, scheme-wise, and aldridge doesn't fit into these plans. the only point of keeping him at this point, would be in providing insurance in case poeltl was injured.
    Well thats a pretty darn good reason to keep him imo. We are completely ed at the 5 if Peoltl gets injured.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If your thinking your team is going enough to do damage in Playoffs then yeah him leaving hurts that happening - If you think your where just going to let him walk after his one year then you just should have traded him for something the year before.......Oh well will see what happens but if we loose LMA, Derozz, Mills, and Rudy for nothing then yeah then I think you have to question Pop and Spurs GM's..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Sources: Houston is trading PJ Tucker, Rodions Kurucs and Bucks’ 2022 first-round pick back to Milwaukee for DJ Augustin, DJ Wilson and 2023 unprotected first-round pick. Houston also gets right to swap its 2021 second-round pick for Milwaukee's FRP pick unless it falls 1-9.
    6:08pm · 17 Mar 2021 · Twitter Web App

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    1m
    Milwaukee is trading forward Torrey Craig to Phoenix, sources tell ESPN.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew the bucks were up to something lol they have been quiet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So does Houston expect to suck next year too?

Wonder why there's a lot of trade activity today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is ed for a while. I always thought gambit’s “Spurs have the worst future in the division” take was laughable when you look at Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Houston basically got a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for PJ Tucker? The Spurs really do suck at trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Houston basically got a 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder for PJ Tucker? The Spurs really do suck at trades.
    man when you put it into perspective like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

True though much easier to trade a contract that size (PJ)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be floored if they make any trades before March 25. That being said, let's just hope they buy out Aldridge because based on recent history, they'll get fleeced in any trade like taking on a ty contract (like Love) without draft compensation because he fits the culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be floored if they make any trades before March 25. That being said, let's just hope they buy out Aldridge because based on recent history, they'll get fleeced in any trade like taking on a ty contract (like Love) without draft compensation because he fits the culture.
    soft?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    so basically Tucker for two 1sts? MIL's GM is re ed

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol not sure but culture guys seem to be washed up vets from my interpretation here on Spurstalk. I'm sure there are better people on here to give a more precise definition though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so basically Tucker for two 1sts? MIL's GM is re ed
    Forbes for the win!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Warriors may fall out of playoffs without a move for a big...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they got that for PJ what would we get for Rudy?

Thread Information