Page 58 of 95 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obvious trade is D. White, LMA (buyout), draft pick for Vucevic. If the Magic want to blow it up, White would be a good piece to build a new team with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The obvious trade is D. White, LMA (buyout), draft pick for Vucevic. If the Magic want to blow it up, White would be a good piece to build a new team with.
    no.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because most trade talks until the deadline are all posturing and smoke

I also really do think something like a Derozan/Lauri trade has win/win potential for both teams and the players involved which is exactly the type of trade PATFO would engage in.
    Of course. But smoke of DeMar wanting to be elsewhere has been happening. He denied it, but most professionals wouldnít openly confirm. LMA hasnít looked engaged either. I just think at some point you have to decide if you want to compete or be a lower level team. The top of this draft class would be the most talented guys on the roster day 1, why not rip the band-aid off when you werenít fully committed to paying DeMar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obvious trade to who?

Spurs starting 2 who just re-upped on a new deal and a pick for a big man under contract for 2 years AND I’m assuming the spurs first

Are you serious or are you just DWhite drama baiting

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is under a poison pill contract at the moment...he can't really be moved easily.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. But smoke of DeMar wanting to be elsewhere has been happening. He denied it, but most professionals wouldn’t openly confirm. LMA hasn’t looked engaged either. I just think at some point you have to decide if you want to compete or be a lower level team. The top of this draft class would be the most talented guys on the roster day 1, why not rip the band-aid off when you weren’t fully committed to paying DeMar?
    Other teams are also waiting for the deadline to see how their own teams shake out and start making players available. It takes 2 to tango.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like every team except the spurs are in one big group text where they float trades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think an Atlanta deal would be interesting. Not a big fan of dealing with Orlando or Chicago if they aren’t going to give up vuc, Gordon or LaVine

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obvious trade to who?

Spurs starting 2 who just re-upped on a new deal and a pick for a big man under contract for 2 years AND Iím assuming the spurs first

Are you serious or are you just DWhite drama baiting
    If the plan is to re-sign DDR in the offseason, I see White being the piece to trade for a big. Just IMO, DJ has a smaller contract and has been more of a leader. Itís this crazy concept of trading pieces when they are high in value. The idea that Derrick is untouchable for trades is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think an Atlanta deal would be interesting. Not a big fan of dealing with Orlando or Chicago if they aren’t going to give up vuc, Gordon or LaVine
    Those are the 3 players I would want to target least in a trade

Star for star trades like that are also incredibly uncommon in the nba. Usually it’s one team getting the established player and the other side getting a combination of salary and young prospects.

Gordon is almost a rental with a season and a half of team control. Vuc is 30 and is under contract for 2 more years. Lavine, sure, but that’s just not a realistic scenario.

A player on a rookie deal with potential that fits the timeline of the roster + expiring salary and maybe a pick to sweeten the deal is where the sights should be set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the plan is to re-sign DDR in the offseason, I see White being the piece to trade for a big. Just IMO, DJ has a smaller contract and has been more of a leader. It’s this crazy concept of trading pieces when they are high in value. The idea that Derrick is untouchable for trades is ridiculous.
    DW is subject to the poison pill provision right now, and has had a down year with injuries and covid to this point but looks to be on the right track with his performances last night and against the cavaliers in the fourth.

the idea of the 2021 deadline being the “sell high” period for Derrick white is ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From the ATL insider:

Regarding Bagley for Collins rumor:
    They were shopping him for an all star level big. I hear that much. Nothing about him being shopped for Collins. He wouldn't fit what Atlanta does. This is a PnR based team. That said, with our recent adjustment to more back to the basket play, he might be a much better fit than he would have been under LP.

Regarding John Collins staying or going:

That said, I haven't heard nothing on the Collins front other than it's extremely unlikely he will be moved.

Dispels the Cam Reddish rumors:

Outside of a potential Tony Snell trade. I haven't really heard Atlanta is closing in on nothing. Atlanta wants a key rotation player in exchange for Snell. New Orleans/Bledsoe has come up. From the sounds of it, Rondo is another player that could be moved. He just has limited interest as well as Bruno. The thing about Rondo, is he has tremendous rep in the locker room. Atlanta likes him and with Dunn's return, it seems like they might just do nothing at all this deadline.
    I would say, Bruno could still be moved but Atlanta isn't willing to seriously trade a real 2nd rounder. He might end up being released.
    A lot of teams are calling the Hawks, we got a lot of players teams want but no one really values our players the way we do or at least the offers don't say it.
    Because we are a buyer, are players are pricey. Teams want discounted players. That's just not where we stand. Prepare to be bored.
    I will say, the Lonzo Ball market is heating up. We aren't in it of course. The entire Cam Reddish is some BS from NO mouth to push what type of offers they want. They want a young player with legit potential or a lottery ranged pick for Ball. The lottery pick range might happen. Chicago is strongly considering offering one.
    Teams have called Atlanta and been blowing our phones up nonetheless is what he said.
    We are one of the most called teams with Houston, Toronto, Orlando, and New Orleans.
    Toronto is seriously going to make some moves. I am hearing FVV and Siakam are also on the market.
    The Kings is the name that's buying that's crazy. They aren't willing to trade a 1st but they are willing to trade major assets outside of Haliburton and Fox to build a team. Watch for the Kings for Siakam and Powell.
    It's hard as to get a lottery area 1st in this draft. Everyone wants one but no one is trading them.

Siakam being available is interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They mentioned on the Spurs broadcast last night that the last time the Spurs made a move at the trade deadline that it involved the blockbuster trade of Nando de Colo for Austin Daye.

Pretty awesome sauce, and hard to beat that one. Probably why we haven't seen another deal in over 7 years. They set the bar too high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They mentioned on the Spurs broadcast last night that the last time the Spurs made a move at the trade deadline that it involved the blockbuster trade of Nando de Colo for Austin Daye.

Pretty awesome sauce, and hard to beat that one. Probably why we haven't seen another deal in over 7 years. They set the bar too high.
    Nando De Colo also demanded a trade. Cost himself a championship ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At one point Detroit was a potential destination for DDR...are you reading any chatter about that as an option?
    Found nothing. That one point you're describing was the time he made a post about it on social media, no? May not have been credible...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could I miss this:

More heat:
    I do have an update on DeRozan. Charlotte is in on him as they been the last two years. They like the idea of Hayward, Ball, and DeRozan.
    I am hearing DeRozan will be dirt cheap too. Like, dirt cheap. He could be had to a average potential younger prospect (Monk, Knight, Bruno) and an expiring contract and they would prefer is an useful rotational player if available. DeRozan is basically how should I put it, heavily discounted.

If Atlanta does trade Bogi. It will be for DeRozan in my eyes and no, Atlanta has not made an offer for DeRozan. Although they have spoke to San Antonio about him.
    Oladipo I am being told is massively overpriced. Teams expect his value to come down or Houston will keep him. He might not be traded after all. There is this idea Houston still wants to win games. They don't want to rebuild. He is saying people don't think Houston is truly selling. They want a lot of value in return.
    Charlotte is willing to move Rozier for an all star level big man. They offered Rozier to Atlanta for JC/Snell as well. They are targeting Sabonis and Turner from Indy.
    If Atlanta makes a move, Bogi for DeRozan might be as good as it gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How could I miss this:

More heat:
    I do have an update on DeRozan. Charlotte is in on him as they been the last two years. They like the idea of Hayward, Ball, and DeRozan.
    I am hearing DeRozan will be dirt cheap too. Like, dirt cheap. He could be had to a average potential younger prospect (Monk, Knight, Bruno) and an expiring contract and they would prefer is an useful rotational player if available. DeRozan is basically how should I put it, heavily discounted.

If Atlanta does trade Bogi. It will be for DeRozan in my eyes and no, Atlanta has not made an offer for DeRozan. Although they have spoke to San Antonio about him.
    Oladipo I am being told is massively overpriced. Teams expect his value to come down or Houston will keep him. He might not be traded after all. There is this idea Houston still wants to win games. They don't want to rebuild. He is saying people don't think Houston is truly selling. They want a lot of value in return.
    Charlotte is willing to move Rozier for an all star level big man. They offered Rozier to Atlanta for JC/Snell as well. They are targeting Sabonis and Turner from Indy.
    If Atlanta makes a move, Bogi for DeRozan might be as good as it gets.
    Matches this:

Some perspective on Hawks news

As Nate McMillan has gotten the hawks playing better ball and as the FO has come to believe they will Not be able to keep Collins, Tony Nessler (owner) is really advocating acquiring a player that would allow them to make a small playoff push this year. The GM is trying to push back and prefers a more patient approach. There is a connection in their FO to Spurs, Magic, & DDR which all ties back to Toronto. I was told a certain person reached out to Weltman in Orlando because he is a mentor of sorts and wanted to discuss DDR and how to navigate the current situation. This person has strong connection to DDR and is more aligned with Hawks owner but the GM (forget name came over from Golden State) has been able to bring Nessler around to his way of thinking up to this point. So this person is trying to carefully have options in place to move on for owner while not being seen as not in agreement with GM. Anyway this person is very strong advocate for DDR if Hawks choose to make a bigger move and sounds like he has at least had unofficial discussion with someone in Spurs org. It sounded that there was interest from Spurs and the devil would be in the details of who is getting what picks/prospects, for the right package was told Hawks would consider moving one of Reddish, Huerter, or Okungwu. Also mentioned the Hawks would prefer to move Rondo over Snell (or move both) and while Rondo is not a big salary could kill a potential deal if real talks were to begin
    Come back, SpaceCoast Spursfan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nando De Colo also demanded a trade. Cost himself a championship ring.
    And still banging his head over it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay,mills,demar and aldridge need to get the F out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More:

Toronto might not have one of these key guys past Wednesday.
    FVV
    Siakam
    Lowry
    Powell could be all gone.
    Clippers don't have much to offer but they are being extremely aggressive trying to land a PG

-Doubt Toronto would want DeMar back if all of these guys are gone. I really want Siakam on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to really move on from demar already. This look of vets asking out and spurs not finding deals at the last min is getting stale af

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogi with the Spurs would keep Keldon at the PF spot... ehh...

Dude is a really good shooter though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL insider turning out to be legit. Just now:

"The Toronto Raptors fined star forward Pascal Siakam $50,000 for directing heated choice words toward head coach Nick Nurse after Sundayís loss in Cleveland, sources tell The Athletic.The incident occurred while the Raptors were leaving the floor following an 11-point loss on Sunday night against the Cavaliers, Stemming from the frustration amid what is now a nine-game losing streak, Siakam directed a verbal exchange toward Nurse, sources said. Several choice words were issued, according to multiple sources."

https://theathletic.com/news/raptors...s/PFLquJOwzSvK

HE GONE

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bogi at $18 Mil allows the Spurs to still go for a max contract (or less) player in the summer, I believe. Maybe they use that for Lauri.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bogi is a dribble-once-then-shoot type player (similar to Klay). He wouldn't take away from our dribble heavy guards.

Thread Information