Page 6 of 95 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'd take anything.
    LMA is done. As we've seen over the past few games, he's a detriment to the team at this point.

Celtics are the only destination that makes sense.
    LMA is an expiring, so we can't expect much. I think Robert Williams and a second would be good value.
    Give him a shot, if it doesn't work out, it's like whatever.

LMA won't be here next season, anyway. And every front office that's interested knows that. I don't think we can get a first unless we take a bad contract with it.
    I'd love Robert Williams lll, but it's not possible. The only thing the Spurs could get back in an Aldridge deal would be their 28 Mil trade exception, and you can't add players to a trade involving an exception.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love Robert Williams lll, but it's not possible. The only thing the Spurs could get back in an Aldridge deal would be their 28 Mil trade exception, and you can't add players to a trade involving an exception.
    i’m surprised the Spurs havent bought him out for 99 cents on the dollar so he can join a rival. For the culture of course.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says no?

Indy: LMA + Lonnie to Indy
    SAS: Turner + filler+ Indy's late 1st

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says no?

Indy, for sure. Also, what's with ST and wanting to sell low on every player? You realize if we see Lonnie's playing like , the team that would be trading for him (thus surely scouting him) would see it as well, and lowball us, right? We should be selling high on Murray, if anything, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Kevin Love? He would be a better fit at the worst, and maybe he could turn back the clock and be in an all star level. Good free agents aren't coming, so give also Demar a two year contract and roll the dice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about Kevin Love? He would be a better fit at the worst, and maybe he could turn back the clock and be in an all star level. Good free agents aren't coming, so give also Demar a two year contract and roll the dice
    Kevin Love is done. He can’t stay healthy, and may be the only big man who’s a worse defender than LMA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says no?

lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indy, for sure. Also, what's with ST and wanting to sell low on every player? You realize if we see Lonnie's playing like , the team that would be trading for him (thus surely scouting him) would see it as well, and lowball us, right? We should be selling high on Murray, if anything, tbh...
    Who said Lonnie is playing like ? He’s having his first real decent season, even if he is irregular as he is from time to time. The Spurs issue is roster balance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who said Lonnie is playing like ? He’s having his first real decentseason, even if he is irregular as he is from time to time. The Spurs issue is roster balance.
    Dude, LMA has no value and IV at this point is basically the same as a late first but about to command more money. You are lost.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade LMA and DDR for anything at this point... But we all know pop will keep everything exactly as is... So talking about this is pointless... He has lost his basketball fire, he is more of a father figure to these guys... I think he is using the sport as a cooking mechanism to deal with being lonely... And I get it... I genuinely feel sorry for him... But I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me sad that my team is content with being mediocre and the ppl in charge don't really have winning as a priority at the moment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't see the Celtics being interested for Williams and again, Aldridge needs to be replaced by another stretch big.

Obviously the Pacers wouldn't have interest in Aldridge and Walker, who's metrics indicate is playing at a replacement player level, isn't enough incentive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That leads me to Collins, who is becoming a legitimate defensive presence in the frontcourt, which comes after he and his representation declined a $90 million contract extension before the season began. That now means he’s headed for restricted free agency.

Collins’ impact stats are through the roof this season. The Hawks are 13.4 points better with him on the floor, per Cleaning the Glass, and that leads the team. He’s in the top 20 in wins above replacement across the NBA. While his box score numbers are down from last year because there are better options on the team who can score, there’s no denying that Collins has been excellent — on both ends, which was a question mark if he can become an impactful defender. He is now, particularly at the four, and anyone who still says he’s not a good defender hasn’t watched enough of this team.

My question is now that he’s headed for free agency, what are those conversations usually like inside a front office a month before the trade deadline? He’s difficult to trade because of his contract, but do you think conversations are likely happening about what the Hawks might get if they could package him with a pricier veteran? And what would you do if you were general manager Travis Schlenk? Collins is now one of the best free agents in the 2021 class, and it’s certainly possible he could get max money. Do you believe it’s wise to build around Young and Collins long term?

Hollinger: If I’m in Atlanta’s front office right now, I’m looking at two things in parallel: 1) What is Collins’ trade value around the league? and 2) What is he likely to cost this summer? I’d be shocked if these conversations weren’t happening. A big chunk of the front office’s job is having them.

You’re correct that trading Collins has some challenges because he’s only on the books for $4.1 million this year, which by itself can only bring back a player who makes $7.3 million. The universe of players who both make that little and are worth trading Collins for is microscopic. Any deal would almost certainly include other deals as filler, with Tony Snell’s expiring $12.1 million deal the most likely candidate. (A Snell-Collins package can return $21.2 million). I have a feeling some Hawks fans would enthusiastically suggest including Rajon Rondo as well, but the $7.5 million he’s owed next season likely would make him less palatable for a trade partner.

The Hawks also need to figure out what outcomes they’re willing to live with after the season. Would they match a max offer sheet? There could be some desperate money out there this summer now that Giannis Antetokounmpo and Paul George are off the market, and Jrue Holiday seems likely to join them.

Going forward with Collins, however, doesn’t strike me as a terrible outcome. The key is that he’s become a reliable 3-point shooter, so there is a floor-spacing element to his game that didn’t exist two years ago. Ultimately, I think they end up keeping Collins because, really, who are they trading him for who’s better? And you’re not trading him for draft picks — not at this point in Atlanta’s cycle.

Kirschner: That’s where I’m at right now. I know teams have called the Hawks about Collins in the past, but nothing has advanced past anything consisting of a legitimate offer that should be taken seriously. My thing is, there’s no one who will be available in free agency who can bring the Hawks anything close to the level of production Collins has and will continue to do so. He is the emotional leader of this team; not Young. Maybe Young will grow into that one day, but Collins is the one who rallies the team.

What I can’t see happening is Schlenk letting Collins walk in free agency for nothing like what Sacramento did with Bogdanovic. There are really only two options that I can foresee happening: Collins returning on a significant salary or the Hawks trading him in a splashy move. I’m sure they will listen to offers, but keeping Collins just seems like the wise decision because of the player he has grown into. He’s one of the best young power forwards in the league.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://theathletic.com/2376322/2021...r-cam-reddish/

It's not happening, guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is still sitting on that fat, fat trade exception. They seem like a team going nowhere to me, losing Hayward for nothing and with Kemba Walker likely declining. A frontcourt guy like Collins could shake things up, but then no one sniffs his own farts like Danny Ainge does and I'm not sure the Hawks trade with a compe or.

It seems Atlanta signs Collins for more money (matches offers). They can trade him later and despite possible strife with Trae, you can't lose important talent like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston is still sitting on that fat, fat trade exception. They seem like a team going nowhere to me, losing Hayward for nothing and with Kemba Walker likely declining. A frontcourt guy like Collins could shake things up, but then no one sniffs his own farts like Danny Ainge does and I'm not sure the Hawks trade with a compe or.

It seems Atlanta signs Collins for more money (matches offers). They can trade him later and despite possible strife with Trae, you can't lose important talent like that.
    I still think hawks target DDR. They can only get him if they trade Collins in a double sign and trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That leads me to Collins, who is becoming a legitimate defensive presence in the frontcourt, which comes after he and his representation declined a $90 million contract extension before the season began. That now means he’s headed for restricted free agency.

Collins’ impact stats are through the roof this season. The Hawks are 13.4 points better with him on the floor, per Cleaning the Glass, and that leads the team. He’s in the top 20 in wins above replacement across the NBA. While his box score numbers are down from last year because there are better options on the team who can score, there’s no denying that Collins has been excellent — on both ends, which was a question mark if he can become an impactful defender. He is now, particularly at the four, and anyone who still says he’s not a good defender hasn’t watched enough of this team.

My question is now that he’s headed for free agency, what are those conversations usually like inside a front office a month before the trade deadline? He’s difficult to trade because of his contract, but do you think conversations are likely happening about what the Hawks might get if they could package him with a pricier veteran? And what would you do if you were general manager Travis Schlenk? Collins is now one of the best free agents in the 2021 class, and it’s certainly possible he could get max money. Do you believe it’s wise to build around Young and Collins long term?

Hollinger: If I’m in Atlanta’s front office right now, I’m looking at two things in parallel: 1) What is Collins’ trade value around the league? and 2) What is he likely to cost this summer? I’d be shocked if these conversations weren’t happening. A big chunk of the front office’s job is having them.

You’re correct that trading Collins has some challenges because he’s only on the books for $4.1 million this year, which by itself can only bring back a player who makes $7.3 million. The universe of players who both make that little and are worth trading Collins for is microscopic. Any deal would almost certainly include other deals as filler, with Tony Snell’s expiring $12.1 million deal the most likely candidate. (A Snell-Collins package can return $21.2 million). I have a feeling some Hawks fans would enthusiastically suggest including Rajon Rondo as well, but the $7.5 million he’s owed next season likely would make him less palatable for a trade partner.

The Hawks also need to figure out what outcomes they’re willing to live with after the season. Would they match a max offer sheet? There could be some desperate money out there this summer now that Giannis Antetokounmpo and Paul George are off the market, and Jrue Holiday seems likely to join them.

Going forward with Collins, however, doesn’t strike me as a terrible outcome. The key is that he’s become a reliable 3-point shooter, so there is a floor-spacing element to his game that didn’t exist two years ago. Ultimately, I think they end up keeping Collins because, really, who are they trading him for who’s better? And you’re not trading him for draft picks — not at this point in Atlanta’s cycle.

Kirschner: That’s where I’m at right now. I know teams have called the Hawks about Collins in the past, but nothing has advanced past anything consisting of a legitimate offer that should be taken seriously. My thing is, there’s no one who will be available in free agency who can bring the Hawks anything close to the level of production Collins has and will continue to do so. He is the emotional leader of this team; not Young. Maybe Young will grow into that one day, but Collins is the one who rallies the team.

What I can’t see happening is Schlenk letting Collins walk in free agency for nothing like what Sacramento did with Bogdanovic. There are really only two options that I can foresee happening: Collins returning on a significant salary or the Hawks trading him in a splashy move. I’m sure they will listen to offers, but keeping Collins just seems like the wise decision because of the player he has grown into. He’s one of the best young power forwards in the league.

https://theathletic.com/2376322/2021...r-cam-reddish/

It's not happening, guys.

Hollinger probably wrote an article last year about how Sacto would never let Bogdonavic walk for nothing. The point is, no one really knows, or has a good idea. I mean, ATL had a chance to lock him in last offseason, and refused a Max deal then, and his numbers last year were better than they are now. There also is no accounting here for the rift between JC and Trae. Reportedly, Trae won’t even pass him the ball. That’s not a dynamic you really want on your team going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger probably wrote an article last year about how Sacto would never let Bogdonavic walk for nothing. The point is, no one really knows, or has a good idea. I mean, ATL had a chance to lock him in last offseason, and refused a Max deal then, and his numbers last year were better than they are now. There also is no accounting here for the rift between JC and Trae. Reportedly, Trae won’t even pass him the ball. That’s not a dynamic you really want on your team going forward.
    I would say that was true early on in the season. Now? I'm not so sure it's the case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say that was true early on in the season. Now? I'm not so sure it's the case.
    Something that bad, where your PG won’t pass the ball to a player, can be glossed over, but it never really goes away. Reminds me a bit of Shaq/Kobe, or maybe a better analogy would be Dallas, and the three Js: Jason Kidd, Jamal Mashburn, and Jim Jackson. Three consecutive top 5 picks, and they could just NEVER get along, and ultimately, all three were shipped out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s one of the reasons I’m hoping that Sammich blows up in the Gubble. I think that maybe ATL is looking for a way out, and a Sammich/Lonnie package may make them bite. If we do it this summer, and they extend and trade JC into our capspace,they also get a healthy TE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s one of the reasons I’m hoping that Sammich blows up in the Gubble. I think that maybe ATL is looking for a way out, and a Sammich/Lonnie package may make them bite. If we do it this summer, and they extend and trade JC into our capspace,they also get a healthy TE.
    I was thinking that the whole time I was watching the game. That if you squint your eyes while you're watching Luka, he really looks like a John Collins prototype. If he does blow up, I have a hard time not seeing Atlanta being convinced they could replace JC with Luka. Hopefully, they get fooled by those numbers from last night like you did. Just busting your balls...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should do everything they can to get Collins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade LMA and DDR for anything at this point... But we all know pop will keep everything exactly as is... So talking about this is pointless... He has lost his basketball fire, he is more of a father figure to these guys... I think he is using the sport as a cooking mechanism to deal with being lonely... And I get it... I genuinely feel sorry for him... But I would be lying if I said it doesn't make me sad that my team is content with being mediocre and the ppl in charge don't really have winning as a priority at the moment
    Yup

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who says no?

No was is going to give us a decent player and a 1st for LMA. It is more likely we will have to give up the first & LMA to get a good player.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs rotation is getting too big anyway. We can easily give up some assets to get someone like Turner.

IND: LMA, Walker, SAS 1st, & SAS 2nd
    SAS: Turner & McDermott

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Collins is on the block screw it let’s do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks like Collins is on the block screw it let’s do it
    He's not "on the block". I read the Athletic article you're talking about. They said they're listening to offers. Huge difference. I think all teams listen to offers about their players, including the Spurs.

Thread Information