Page 70 of 95 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what time the Al Horford presser will be? This is a move to solidify our hold on the 7th seed. OKC probably holding firm on including second rounders for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder what time the Al Horford presser will be? This is a move to solidify our hold on the 7th seed. OKC probably holding firm on including second rounders for him.
    This is one serious dad joke you can't get out of your system

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bleacher report, but still
    How does it work with Knicks who still have about 15M in cap space? Can they do an imbalanced salary trade to get a DDR?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does it work with Knicks who still have about 15M in cap space? Can they do an imbalanced salary trade to get a DDR?
    They can..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i can see the spurs landing horford. much preferred over k love.
    We better be getting an unprotected lottery pick if we do that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We better be getting an unprotected lottery pick if we do that.
    We'll end up giving one at this point...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The latest on Kyle Lowry

As trade deadline day gets going, here is what I am hearing around Kyle Lowry, according to sources: Toronto is seriously engaged with Miami, Philadelphia and the Lakers on a potential deal. The Raptors are expected to canvass interest in their franchise staple as the deadline nears and decide whether the best offer meets their price tag.
    — Shams Charania"

I think he ends up with Miami out of the three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This actually gives us good insight on how trades work. Inside info like what timvp gave us can change in an instant. If Pop doesn't know and has to tell RJ that, then that tells us all we need to know. Things go down the wire.
    IIRC, that trade, Jack for RJ, happened like a minute before the deadline, and was announced 5-10 Minutes later, when everyone thought all trades were complete. GS had gotten Jack as salary ballast in another trade, and wanted no part of a reunion. I also remember a phone call between Pop and Jack about the trade that opened with”There won’t be any discussions about an extension.”

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Knicks, Hawks, Orlando, and Bulls are the DeRozan-interested teams....

If the Spurs drive a hard bargain, what is the most they could reasonably get back?

ATL: Reddish or Okongwu, a first, Gallo or Bogi?

NYK: an expiring contract, a first, and either Toppin or Robinson?

Chicago: Porter, Lauri, and a first?

Orlando: Fournier, a first, and Bamba?

In my estimation, Spurs won't sell if the draft compensation is a pair of seconds. Resigning DeRozan is arguably better than all of those packages if second round pick(s) are the draft compensation. If a first is included, all of the packages are debatable--better, imo--against the value of resigning DeRozan.

Obviously, they're all better deals against the prospect of losing DeRozan for nothing. If he has told Spurs he's not resigning, then you get the best deal you can and count it all gain.

Of the deals above, which is the best for the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope everyone is ready for the yearly We like what we have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Assuming Knicks, Hawks, Orlando, and Bulls are the DeRozan-interested teams....

If the Spurs drive a hard bargain, what is the most they could reasonably get back?

ATL: Reddish or Okongwu, a first, Gallo or Bogi?

NYK: an expiring contract, a first, and either Toppin or Robinson?

Chicago: Porter, Lauri, and a first?

Orlando: Fournier, a first, and Bamba?

In my estimation, Spurs won't sell if the draft compensation is a pair of seconds. Resigning DeRozan is arguably better than all of those packages if second round pick(s) are the draft compensation. If a first is included, all of the packages are debatable--better, imo--against the value of resigning DeRozan.

Obviously, they're all better deals against the prospect of losing DeRozan for nothing. If he has told Spurs he's not resigning, then you get the best deal you can and count it all gain.

Of the deals above, which is the best for the Spurs?
    ATL deal because of Bogi and Orlando deal because of their pick.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL deal because of Bogi and Orlando deal because of their pick.
    Devil's advocate: ATL deal might be the worst because it's the one deal that includes taking a multi-year deal back. I like Bogi, but Spurs FO might value cap room more. Dunno.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, if you move DeRozan, go get at least that pair of seconds for Rudy Gay and give Luka all the minutes!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like a test drive of Lauri Markkanen

Knicks I see having the most tenacious pursuit of derozan - thibs going back to the offseason has been trying to trade for “seasoned vets”

I’d be happy with a package around Robinson- a year left on his deal still and he’s young. Spurs FO after the Morris debacle is going to ask for an insane deal. Like RJ+Robinson+Salary and maybe a pick. If they do a deal with the Knicks I’d be shocked. Shocked in general if a deal gets done, but especially if it’s the Knicks.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d like a test drive of Lauri Markkanen

Knicks I see having the most tenacious pursuit of derozan - thibs going back to the offseason has been trying to trade for “seasoned vets”

I’d be happy with a package around Robinson- a year left on his deal still and he’s young. Spurs FO after the Morris debacle is going to ask for an insane deal. Like RJ+Robinson+Salary and maybe a pick. If they do a deal with the Knicks I’d be shocked. Shocked in general if a deal gets done, but especially if it’s the Knicks.
    Yes, FO office needs to set the past aside and just work the market for the best deal. But humans will human. So I get your skepticism. Knicks at least have a new leader in front office that post dates the Morris debacle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Denver is acquiring center Cleveland center JaVale McGee for Isaiah Hartenstein and two future protected second-round picks, sources tell ESPN.
    9:06am · 25 Mar 2021 · Twitter Web App

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The JaVale and Wright deals give us some sense on the floor of a Mills and Gay offer. If not for his contract size, those deals probably justify at least one second for Aldridge too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How you have not banned this account ?
    I was just messin'. Figure everyone would get the joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The JaVale and Wright deals give us some sense on the floor of a Mills and Gay offer. If not for his contract size, those deals probably justify at least one second for Aldridge too.
    For Gay maybe. Mills is more valuable than any of those players to a contender, imo.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For Gay maybe. Mills is more valuable than any of those players to a contender, imo.
    I agree. Given his lockerroom presence, I think Spurs would require a first for Mills. But those deals represent a definite floor.

The JaVale deal is for a '23 and '27 second. Gay should fetch at least that, then.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Best part of this year's deadline is that should the Spurs break pattern and finally reset the roster, tonight's rotation will be....developmental fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
    6m
    Sources: Orlando continues to listen to offers on All-Star Nikola Vucevic, but it would take a substantial package to pry him. As the Magic drill down on Aaron Gordon trades, an additional move w/ Vucevic for assets would set franchise toward more substantial long-term retooling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devil's advocate: ATL deal might be the worst because it's the one deal that includes taking a multi-year deal back. I like Bogi, but Spurs FO might value cap room more. Dunno.
    I believe the Spurs have the space to sign a max space and some space to sign another player. If Bogi was on the free agent market, he would be a good get. Also, there aren't any players worth the max anyway in this upcoming free agency. Bogi would be a nice role player, probably as good as it gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We all know Aldridge will be bought out and Brian Wright will call it a day. That was enough work for this season
    Yep

Thread Information