Page 69 of 95 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2371
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So not even a single trade the day before the deadline. Boring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Superstars like Lebron tend to have this ability to make everyone around them better. It's a strange concept to comprehend, I know, as it's been a few years since we've had a real superstar on this roster.
    not only that, the Lakers are already starting a slow footed big in Gasol, so they don’t lose anything by adding Aldridge. Also AD can help hide him on D

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we shouldn't be surprised. This is the same FO that let themselves get punked twice in a row with Nephew and Morris, no top tier FO would have ever let that happen. Oh well, I doubt they are even actually answering their phones tbh
    Makes you wonder how Brian Wright still has a job after all that. His culture and classiness must be too invaluable to let go.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why a sense of tension from DJ? Hmmm.. I want to watch this interview.
    I like DJ but if trading him brings back something good I'm in...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we're so classy that we guaranteed his 25 mil this season when we didn't have to. I'm sure free agents will take that into consideration, right...right?
    Exactly.

It seems like people want to talk about the Spurs being classy and how it helps the Spurs with free agents, without ever looking back to the past.

Premium, highly desired free agents have avoided the Spurs for decades. Aldridge was a once in a lifetime event with 3 main factors that will probably never happen again: 1. close family tie to the city, 2. bizarrely irrational jealousy of the other star of his original team, and 3. incompetence from the teams he wanted like the Lakers

That's lightning that will probably never strike twice. Let's go on a trip through memory lane for the classy Spurs who always did right by the players ...

Chris Paul wouldn't even let the Spurs get a chance to make an offer. He worked hard to play for Morey, who treats his players like disposable non-human assets unlike the Spurs. You'd think if anyone cared about how teams and executives treated players it would Mr. Player's Association himself .... sure didn't hurt Morey. Proof positive that how low importance the whole idea of treating players with class is to actual superstars.

Webber wouldn't even give them a meeting. , he wouldn't even answer his phone.

Jermaine O'Neal wouldn't even give them a meeting. He only stayed in Indy to play for Isiah Thomas of all people, who Indy promptly fired about 6 weeks later without worrying about how classy it would look to O'Neal.

Jason Kidd let his wife boss him out of signing.

Kyle Korver let his wife boss him out of signing.

PJ Brown refused to sign because he wanted to stay in NO. Jokes on him because they didn't think twice about trading him. Classy Spurs wouldn't have done that, and he still refused.

Pau Gasol when he was still good told the Spurs to get bent as he went to the Bulls for close to the mid-level. Once he was well under way of being washed up and half the player he used to be, he fleeced the Spurs at twice the yearly money of his Bulls contract!

They got Finley who was washed and wanted more money than the minimum. They rewarded him and overpaid him with an overlong deal. And once Pop finally realized 18 months too late that he couldn't play anymore, Finley asked for a buyout from a playoff team. Real classy payback from Finley to ringchase on Boston to ride the bench even more than he had with the Spurs.

Derek Anderson got what he wanted out the Spurs, a showcase. And once he got it, he smacktalked the Spurs out the door.

Most of the name vets they got disappointed, like Rasho or Barry.

The reality is that the best success with free agents the Spurs have had is with guys who were cut from other teams and cheap. Stephen Jackson and Danny Green, those are the guys who excelled. Even Patty Mills. A cheap castoff. Or Oberto, an overlooked older overseas free agent.

And those kind of players will always be available to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Supposedly this and whatever Orlando plans on doing is what's holding the show up. teams are waiting on them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is sort of off topic but pop must have really not liked Richard Jefferson, Jefferson joked on the jump today that before he got traded pop called him and told he was either maybe gonna be traded or he would accompany the team on the road trip and he said once they got off the phone, 5 minutes went by and pop called him back to tell he was traded lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is sort of off topic but pop must have really not liked Richard Jefferson, Jefferson joked on the jump today that before he got traded pop called him and told he was either maybe gonna be traded or he would accompany the team on the road trip and he said once they got off the phone, 5 minutes went by and pop called him back to tell he was traded lmao
    This actually gives us good insight on how trades work. Inside info like what timvp gave us can change in an instant. If Pop doesn't know and has to tell RJ that, then that tells us all we need to know. Things go down the wire.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have brought back Brynn Forbes in exchange for Patty Mills and a first

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This actually gives us good insight on how trades work. Inside info like what timvp gave us can change in an instant. If Pop doesn't know and has to tell RJ that, then that tells us all we need to know. Things go down the wire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here we go

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bleacher report, but still

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Morris fiasco, I doubt the Spurs front office will ever communicate with the Knicks, let alone work with them in a trade. If they really want Demar, they can just outright sign him in the summer since they have the cap space to do so.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delon Wright fetched DET two second rnd picks and Cory Joseph.. interesting to see what Patty’s market would be if he was being shopped. Presti would secure a 1st for sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After the Morris fiasco, I doubt the Spurs front office will ever communicate with the Knicks, let alone work with them in a trade. If they really want Demar, they can just outright sign him in the summer since they have the cap space to do so.
    Different personnel now. The Knicks are essentially a different team.
    Not sure what they have to offer though. Future collateral?

https://www.nba.com/news/new-york-knicks-hire-leon-rose-president

Edit -

DDR for Payton (Expiring), Knox and Toppin works FWIW.
    New York media wrote a 'hit' piece on Toppin just recently...

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-time-kn...213759467.html
    Last edited by PhantomDashCam; 03-25-2021 at 12:23 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have brought back Brynn Forbes in exchange for Patty Mills and a first
    Here we go
    Bet Joseph is a buyout, or released in offseason. He's only guaranteed 4 mill of the 12 mill next year. Weaver wanted the picks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm skeptical also. Only potential reasons I could see to make the trade for the Knicks would be if they included Knox and his $6 million due next year to offset some of the caproom they'd have to burn. It's not much, but it is a way to carve out a little more room to sign other players.

Also they do seem really interested in making the playoffs and being successful this season, they did trade for Rose. Thibs wants to achieve, and he'd be a miracle worker if he could get DD to play defense.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Delon Wright fetched DET two second rnd picks and Cory Joseph.. interesting to see what Patty’s market would be if he was being shopped. Presti would secure a 1st for sure..

Reputation counts for a lot in this league. Other GMs probably view Presti as shrewd and calculating so they'll take what they can get from him. Brian Wright, on the other hand, is probably looked at as an easy mark after his numerous failures. Hence, the lowball offers the Spurs routinely get.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's alot different from Timvp's update...

its.... not at all. They do have offers but they’re all awful contracts with no draft picks attached.

the league’s at ude is literally “let em rebuild the hard way”

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The offers on the table for Aldridge are all terrible.

It’s all deals with players with years and high salary coming back. People that think it’s as easy as “just trade him” are as usual uninformed on how the NBA works.

they’re even willing to settle for a protected draft pick for Rudy and no one is willing to do that. “No one wants to help the Spurs” is the exact words I was told.
    Did the local bum outside of McDonalds tell you this?

So the league just has it out for the Spurs, huh?

PATFO seat sniffers, man. Pathetic the lengths they go. This guy is hearing voices in his head now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its.... not at all. They do have offers but they’re all awful contracts with no draft picks attached.

the league’s at ude is literally “let em rebuild the hard way”
    Timvp said we were offered 2 2nd's and expiring contracts for Gay and didn't even counter.... offered expiring and a 2nd for LMA....and wouldn't take a 1st and expiring for ddr..... that's the opposite of what you're saying....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timvp said we were offered 2 2nd's and expiring contracts for Gay and didn't even counter.... offered expiring and a 2nd for LMA....and wouldn't take a 1st and expiring for ddr..... that's the opposite of what you're saying....
    Somebody is full of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we shouldn't be surprised. This is the same FO that let themselves get punked twice in a row with Nephew and Morris, no top tier FO would have ever let that happen. Oh well, I doubt they are even actually answering their phones tbh

I think maybe I need to lower my expectations with these guys lol
    Morris being a cold, double dealing is PATFO’s fault?

Thread Information