Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Duncan Robinson. He’s just a super big version of Forbes, a great shooter that you have to completely hide on defense. They were lucky to be able to do that in the bubble, but it looks like he turned back into a pumpkin.
    Spo is probably the best-performing coach in the NBA over the last few years. Guys in his system often overperform and get overvalued. For a while, the team fell for it themselves and gave big deals to guys like Waiters and James Johnson. They've gotten better at leveraging the bubbles they make for guys and moving them for value like with Winslow and Richardson. Guys like Robinson and Nunn (and to a lesser extent Herro (and to an even lesser but still real extent Adebayo)) are currently enjoying that boom. I don't have a problem with SA investing in a glass cannon to go with their stout defensive starters. I'd consider that an okay return for Gay or maybe even LMA at this point. But yeah, I'm not inclined to take him for DeRozan unless Achiuwa is added in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it depends how much you extend Duncan for. I think something like $13 mil per year is acceptable. Keep in mind we're also getting back Precious in this deal. He would fit great.
    Precious, fine. Robinson, to make the deal work, fine. No extension, though. Do. Not. Want.

Is everyone forgetting having to cover for Forbes and Marco? Doing that now would make our defense MUCH less aggressive. It’s the nature of the beast. Watching out for Duncan Robinson means not seeing that pass you can pick off. If DJ is concerned about DR getting beat, back door, he isn’t going for those poke steals. DR is the same Devil’s bargain as Forbes, and it doesn’t work. That’s been proven over multiple seasons. We don’t need shooting that badly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Precious, fine. Robinson, to make the deal work, fine. No extension, though. Do. Not. Want.

Is everyone forgetting having to cover for Forbes and Marco? Doing that now would make our defense MUCH less aggressive. It’s the nature of the beast. Watching out for Duncan Robinson means not seeing that pass you can pick off. If DJ is concerned about DR getting beat, back door, he isn’t going for those poke steals. DR is the same Devil’s bargain as Forbes, and it doesn’t work. That’s been proven over multiple seasons. We don’t need shooting that badly.
    Eh, the issue with Forbes is that he's too small to be hideable. Like he couldn't stay with guards, but he definitely couldn't check forwards or bigs. Robinson has forward size. You could hide him on any player. Just by virtue of not being tiny, Robinson has posted better defensive metrics Forbes has. Robinson is much closer to a DeRozan-level liability than a Forbes.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have a 10 man rotation as it is. IF they make a trade they shouldn’t be trading their best player for more role players. The question is what trade combination of 2-3 Spurs players/picks (besides DeRozan) gets them a potential or current star.
    Last edited by FutureMan; 02-22-2021 at 01:02 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t see the roster concern as a big obstacle. Just make the trade slightly bigger:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb7g8b8n

It’d be a good haul for DDR honestly.
    That trade works though I would think that Miami would rather have Dragic instead of Iggy given that his role likely gets diminished with DeRozan on the team.

DeRozan, Lyle's, Eubanks for Iguadala, Olynyk, Robinson, and Achiuwa.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t like Duncan Robinson. He’s just a super big version of Forbes, a great shooter that you have to completely hide on defense. They were lucky to be able to do that in the bubble, but it looks like he turned back into a pumpkin.
    I’m also lukewarm on Duncan. Feels like another Tyler Johnson overpay situation in the making. I’d prefer to take a look at KZ Okpala who is cost controlled for one more year and has the profile of a good 3/D guy. Miami also keeps signaling on Nunn; I want nothing to do with that.

Why not?
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You can't compare Robinson and Forbes. Robinson is a below average defender, maybe slightly worse than Bertans was. Forbes has an argument for being the worst defender in the NBA.

I don't like this proposed deal for another reason which is that it makes us weaker at the 4 when that's the position we need help at the most. Olynyk and Achiuwa are both more suited to the 5 and Robinson is a 2 or 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched Precious much admittedly but, I was under the impression leading up to the draft that he could guard 4's and some 3's in space. Is he not showing that ability now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't watched Precious much admittedly but, I was under the impression leading up to the draft that he could guard 4's and some 3's in space. Is he not showing that ability now?
    He's an undersized center at this point. Think M. Harrell with better defense as his ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we have intentions of resigning DDR this offseason i’d love to shop Walker IV for Mo Bamba. He is buried on the Magic bench, had some bad luck with injuries/covid but his age and physical attributes alone are worth a flier with the hope a change in scenery could go along way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it depends how much you extend Duncan for. I think something like $13 mil per year is acceptable. Keep in mind we're also getting back Precious in this deal. He would fit great.
    Any deal landing us Precious is a go in my book, tbh. I'm still really intrigued by his potential and, at worst, he's much-needed front court depth at an inexpensive rookie deal for a couple more years still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was just telling my son the other day that duncan robinson seems to have regressed to the mean. i'd pass.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat aren't trading Robinson and Achiuwa for DeRozan, when they could sign him outright in the off season if they wanted. I doubt they will though, considering Butler has also basically given up shootnig 3s, making them an untenable duo.

Word has been for a while that Oladipo wants to sign with them and despite his sporadic play/health, he'd be a better fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Heat aren't trading Robinson and Achiuwa for DeRozan, when they could sign him outright in the off season if they wanted. I doubt they will though, considering Butler has also basically given up shootnig 3s, making them an untenable duo.

Word has been for a while that Oladipo wants to sign with them and despite his sporadic play/health, he'd be a better fit.
    Can the Heat sign him out right this summer? I think they may have some cap hold issues forcing to operate above the cap. There is value in them trading for DDR now...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i was just telling my son the other day that duncan robinson seems to have regressed to the mean. i'd pass.
    Agree. I’d rather have a look at KZ Okpala

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The team is also expected to make a "significant offer" for John Collins should he make it to restricted free agency."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The team is also expected to make a "significant offer" for John Collins should he make it to restricted free agency."

Mavs will have to create another 20mm or so in capspace so go after Collins. Move KP for picks or dump Powell and Richardson.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can the Heat sign him out right this summer? I think they may have some cap hold issues forcing to operate above the cap. There is value in them trading for DDR now...
    yes they can clear about 30mm in cap space if they don’t pick up Dragic, Iggy, Leonard and Bradley’s team options.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mavs will have to create another 20mm or so in capspace so go after Collins. Move KP for picks or dump Powell and Richardson.
    Boston TPE? May work for both sides...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boston TPE? May work for both sides...
    As big as that TE is, I don’t think it’s big enough to contain his $29M+ contract. Boston is also an apron team, and can’t fill the whole thing. I think they would have to send back like $6 or 7M, or take that much less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Last edited by Dejounte; 02-23-2021 at 01:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know a lot of ST is high on collins but i am not convinced he merits that much of a salary; he's very athletic and a good rim protector and finisher but i am still quite suspect of his offensive game. it's not that i wouldn't want collins. i'm just not sure that i would want him at the price i've been hearing he will be asking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i know a lot of ST is high on collins but i am not convinced he merits that much of a salary; he's very athletic and a good rim protector and finisher but i am still quite suspect of his offensive game. it's not that i wouldn't want collins. i'm just not sure that i would want him at the price i've been hearing he will be asking for.
    I somewhat agree but the alternative may be paying our current vets. All this cap space and few targets worries me given PATFOs free agency moves the last 5 years so i’d rather over pay for a young player who checks alot of boxes for us.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL is losing at lineups where Collins play center. The only pure finisher making max money are Gobert and Thompson. I don't think he is a max player, he is a one position player who can't create his own shot. You really can't play him a lot of minutes and optimize your lineups. He is in the same boat as Markannen and Bagley, they need to play some center but they lack rim protection. Can you justify playing your max player 26 min a night. I don't like big man who can't play positive spot center minutes, FO's seems to think the same since both Markannen and Collins failed to secure extensions.

Spurs might just go after value signings like Fournier, Powell when Derozan leaves. Gary Trent is also a restricted free agent i can see them pursuing they liked him before the draft. Duncan Robinson can be value if Miami goes after Oladipo.

Thread Information