My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where is he going to go

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's revisit in a year. Have you watched Reed play this year? Is there any chance you're over-valuing Walker?
    Sounds good. I’m definitely not over valuing. I’m looking at production and you’re looking at potential.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love it if PATFO brought over Shawn Long from the Australian league. He’s a guy I used to bring up on here 4 years ago as well as Christian wood and Richaun Holmes. The Sixers had an insane amount of hidden gems buried in their big men rotation back then. Two of those bigs are flourishing as starters now and Long would be as well if given the chance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hinkie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word on the street is that LMA will not join the team, post ASB. If he’s not traded, that would mean a buyout.
    Or just left dangling until the end of the season when his contract runs out. If he's not willing to give up much on a buyout.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah as someone said it be cool if we are tanking but we still in the Playoff hunt if you won’t to bail on your team fine but we’re going to get something if not go on vacation and we might see you next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds good. I’m definitely not over valuing. I’m looking at production and you’re looking at potential.
    Can't agree with that. Reed produced big time in his last year of college, and has majorly overproduced in his g league stint. Walker had a disappointing single year at college in relation to his recruitment status/potential, and has had three underwhelming years so far in the NBA with horrible advanced stats. I think you're leaning on potential much more than I am.

Your whole "you don't trade an established developed guy for someone with mere potential" concept doesn't hold water at all. Didn't the Spurs trade a quality back up PG in George Hill for an unproven college player named Kawhi? Didn't Jerry West trade an established starting center in Vlade Divac for a 17 year old kid named Kobe who hadn't even played a minute of college ball? Using your argument, no GM would ever be justified in trading an established player for a draft pick with potential.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 03-11-2021 at 02:27 AM.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    called it:
    la 100% wants out.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't agree with that. Reed produced big time in his last year of college, and has majorly overproduced in his g league stint. Walker had a disappointing single year at college in relation to his recruitment status/potential, and has had three underwhelming years so far in the NBA with horrible advanced stats. I think you're leaning on potential much more than I am.

Your whole "you don't trade an established developed guy for someone with mere potential" concept doesn't hold water at all. Didn't the Spurs trade a quality back up PG in George Hill for an unproven college player named Kawhi? Didn't Jerry West trade an established starting center in Vlade Divac for a 17 year old kid named Kobe who hadn't even played a minute of college ball? Using your argument, no GM would ever be justified in trading an established player for a draft pick with potential.
    That generalization isn’t really my stance as a whole. There are plenty of times where production for potential is a good value.

I just don’t think this is one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Word on the street is that LMA will not join the team, post ASB. If he’s not traded, that would mean a buyout.
    i'm hoping that the spurs felt pretty confident they can get something in return as opposed to be willing to engage in a buyout, but that hope depends again on what the spurs would have to take on in exchange for LMA; i have always preferred an expiring contract and draft picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay and Mills for Porz and Boban. Do it Pop!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Gallagher
    MikeSGallagher
    9m
    PJ. Tucker not in the starting lineup. In the last 216 games he's played, he's started all of them. Hmmmmm.

Craig Ackerman @ca_rockets
    18m
    PJ Tucker is NOT in the starting lineup tonight for the Rockets as they begin the 2nd half of their season in Sacramento. This is the 1st time that PJ has been available for the Rockets and not in the starting lineup since 2/6/18 at Brooklyn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wonder how this potentially effects trades, if at all?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    10h
    The Kings are active with the trade deadline nearing. A look at the trade market for Harrison Barnes, Buddy Hield, Marvin Bagley and Nemanja Bjelica. Plus, Luke Walton’s future and the free agency of Richaun Holmes with @sam_amick on the @hoopshype podcast hoopshype.com/2021/03/11/pot…a

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn. Future spur Kawhi looking good rn

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count

Not sure how credible it is but found it on a Heat board

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total rabbit hole hot take but I wish some how the spurs could try to grab Kevin Knox from the Knicks. He doesn’t play much for Thibs, he’s been a bust in his nba career but he’s still only 21 years old

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lma for kevin love + mcgee or allen, solves the spurs front court defense/rebound and offense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lma for kevin love + mcgee or allen, solves the spurs front court defense/rebound and offense
    We don't really know anything about Love's health, but I bet he is more done than LMA and his contract is huuuuuuuuuuuge.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to see Gay go. I could see Spurs trading him to Heat and opening room for Luka and then sort of laying the groundwork for playing youth and being ok if Spurs don’t make the playoffs. But Gay just seems like a great mentor for the young guys on top of the fact that he still has game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total rabbit hole hot take but I wish some how the spurs could try to grab Kevin Knox from the Knicks. He doesn’t play much for Thibs, he’s been a bust in his nba career but he’s still only 21 years old
    Knox is a good example of a John Calipari player. There are important exceptions, but for the most part Kentucky players struggle knowing how to actually play winning basketball. He just lets them run around and win off of talent and then they struggle in the NBA compared to their talent level. It's not their fault -- it's his. One reason why Keldon's so remarkable; he's actually competetive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hate to see Gay go. I could see Spurs trading him to Heat and opening room for Luka and then sort of laying the groundwork for playing youth and being ok if Spurs don’t make the playoffs. But Gay just seems like a great mentor for the young guys on top of the fact that he still has game.
    Yeah, Rudy is a good guy. Very smart, good sense of humor, would be a nice guy to keep to mentor younger guys, but apparently there is some demand for him and it might be time to move on. It'd free up minutes for Luka and others.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be okay with keeping rudy on the roster if he wasn't taking minutes from Luka. I appreciate his veteran guidance but he needs to be playing only garbage time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have a feeling Spurs want to keep around either Demar and Rudy or Patty and Rudy for a veteran presence next year and incase we strikeout in free agency. I hope the young guys really start outplaying the vets by the end of the year so PATFO can comfortably say good bye to the vets. This includes Lyle and Samanic. Poeltl already doing his job so well. Such a great value he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Michael Scotto
    MikeAScotto
    2d
    Story: NBA executives and agents explain the art of the smokescreen. How, when, and why they all leak info during trade talks near the deadline and other times on @hoopshype. hoopshype.com/2021/01/13/smo…

Thread Information