My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes a lot of you want Kawhi to burn in and have disowned him. Acknowledged, not trying to change that moving forward.

Fact is you loved him when he was at his peak on the Spurs, or should have. Tapping that Warrior ass in what i believe would have been a Spurs series victory and on to the Finals and may well have been a 2017 Championship.

Obviously not the same now. Since getting Zaza's the best he has been is what, 85%, 90% of what he was?
    At Toronto i think he was 85-90% of Prime Leonard max.

Now i think he is 80% or less.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His peak was probably the last year he played for the Spurs, actually played, in that series against Memphis and to a degree, the start of the Warriors series. He's been a fortunate son since then, with Lebron leaving the East to join a crippled team in the West.

He's a good player, great defender, but he's had a pretty wide path cut for him by luck as well.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What % was the yesterday when he was getting cooked?

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    His RS peak was the 2017 season but his playoff peak was clearly his 2019 run in Toronto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's at Harden% nowadays

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2017, his (rightful) MVP season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

As much as I despise Kawhi he was never good at guarding quick point guards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's guarding super fast Fox. Not Kirby Bryant.

And Kwa is about 75% of his prime.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Defensively, the end of Kawhi's peak was through his first and second DPOY season in 2016.
    Though he should've still got the third straight DPOY in 2017; but the league was too chicken to piss off Donkey.

Offensively, he was peak in 2017 before getting ZaZa'd. Stern Jr. really pulled some sh**.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Defensively, the end of Kawhi's peak was through his first and second DPOY season in 2016.
    Though he should've still got the third straight DPOY in 2017; but the league was too chicken to piss off Donkey.

Offensively, he was peak in 2017 before getting ZaZa'd. Stern Jr. really pulled some sh**.
    That was that b1tch karma coming to collect after all of Bruce Bowen's antics, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was that b1tch karma coming to collect after all of Bruce Bowen's antics, tbh.
    How is it Karma if Bowen's teammate (Kerr) is the beneficiary?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bowen never took out a key player during the playoffs. You can say he was dirty but he never was a hatchet man like Zaza was. They were a lot of idiots who tried to justify what Zaza did simply because of Bowen. If we are going by that Karma logic then just about every NBA team is due for bad karma including your Mavs.

My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Kerr said Zaza was the Dubs' unsung hero. I agree with him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably 2017 Pre-Zaza. I think he would have peaked in 2018-2019 otherwise. He hasn't really had the same motor, since. He's a smarter player now, probably a better shooter, gets superstar referee treatment, but he's a step behind what he once was athletically.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any evidence that Pachulia intentionally hurt Kawhi? Or could he just be a brutish idiot and made a mistake?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is there any evidence that Pachulia intentionally hurt Kawhi? Or could he just be a brutish idiot and made a mistake?
    That extra step was unnecessary, and he had no momentum

Also. Zaza has a history of trying to hurt people (but old heads want you to believe that only happened in the 80s-90s)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza has always been a dirty player. He had a history of being dirty before the Kawhi incident. The reason why he didn't get much attention in the past for being a dirty POS I would say is because he's a goofy looking white guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Say what you want about Westbrook but at least he had the cojones to get back at Zaza

Spurms did nothing and watched Golden State sweep them, so classy

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zaza has always been a dirty player. He had a history of being dirty before the Kawhi incident. The reason why he didn't get much attention in the past for being a dirty POS I would say is because he's a goofy looking white guy.

D West ended up being ZaZa's bosom buddy too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D West ended up being ZaZa's bosom buddy too.
    West was desperate for a ring. A year earlier he took less money to play for the Spurs. He then bounced and signed with the Warriors in hopes of getting the ring. If Zaza doesn't take out Kawhi then West might have ended up looking stupid for jumping ship to the Warriors. So of course he was going to have Zaza's back during the Kawhi incident.

Thread Information