My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Browns killing it in the draft. Owusu koromoah at 52 lmao

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Zach Wilson gonna have Elijah Moore to throw to.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Zach Wilson gonna have Elijah Moore to throw to.
    Moore is a nice target for him. Wilson throws a great back shoulder and I think he can unlock Denzel Mims that way, too.

Jets also did well by grabbing an OL in the first round, a year after Mekhi Becton had an awesome rookie year. they could be on the up and up, but Wilson is still a big projection

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    I officially take back every bad thing I've ever said about Pace. Man is a genius, tbh.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I officially take back every bad thing I've ever said about Pace. Man is a genius, tbh.
    FWIW, he came out and said Andy Dalton is still the starter, tbh.

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    FWIW, he came out and said Andy Dalton is still the starter, tbh.
    I get why he'd say that. Gotta make sure Fields doesn't take anything for granted.

I'd very surprised if he doesn't get a shot as the starter at some point during the season.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    bears released Charles Leno... and apparently plan to play Teven Jenkins at LT.

i loved Jenkins in the draft (would have preferred him to Leatherwood), but I never imagined teams would try him out on the left. should be fun. Leno wasn't that bad though, so I didn't see the need for this move.

he's nothing special, but a competent starting caliber LT on the market. the panthers and colts could both use him

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Bucs may have a smooth transition from Brady when the time comes.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I get why he'd say that. Gotta make sure Fields doesn't take anything for granted.

I'd very surprised if he doesn't get a shot as the starter at some point during the season.
    You have to hope they don't wait until they're 1-4 or something like that. We'll see what happens with Rodgers, that's the most important question for the Bears IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bears released Charles Leno... and apparently plan to play Teven Jenkins at LT.

i loved Jenkins in the draft (would have preferred him to Leatherwood), but I never imagined teams would try him out on the left. should be fun. Leno wasn't that bad though, so I didn't see the need for this move.

he's nothing special, but a competent starting caliber LT on the market. the panthers and colts could both use him
    Leno and Massey are both serious liabilities and have been for a long time. It's why Foles didn't work out and they had to keep trotting out Trubisky because a pocket passer just never had time to throw behind that disaster oline, especially since Kyle Long retired. Also the Bears run blocking has generally been putrid the past several years. The only running back who's had any success is Tarik Cohen running outside, then he got injured.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Called it. Fields is hot garbage.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Called it. Fields is hot garbage.

yeah the vikings have an outstanding history of evaluating QBs in the draft

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    yeah the vikings have an outstanding history of evaluating QBs in the draft
    https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/...rafting-gm-nfl

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I specified QBs, derp

The Vikings haven’t drafted a good qb since Culpepper

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I specified QBs

The Vikings haven’t drafted a good qb since Culpepper
    That's fine; but Spielman hasn't been in for much of that stretch.

I'd have to look at all the QB's he has drafted or not drafted.

I can't imagine he's higher than a D grade overall (in the lead-up to this draft).

But I'm just throwing up some sort of counter.

I thought Christian Ponder was far too big a reach at the time of drafting him.

He's a guy who was slotted to go in the third or fourth round.

Maybe second round if a team got desperate. Vikings showed they were a special kind of re ed.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    That's fine; but Spielman hasn't been in for much of that stretch.

I'd have to look at all the QB's he has drafted or not drafted.

I can't imagine he's higher than a D grade overall (in the lead-up to this draft).

But I'm just throwing up some sort of counter.

I thought Christian Ponder was far too big a reach at the time of drafting him.

He's a guy who was slotted to go in the third or fourth round.

Maybe second round if a team got desperate. Vikings showed they were a special kind of re ed.
    Don’t forget bridgewater

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Don’t forget bridgewater
    Bridgewater with the last pick of the first round was a decent pick. He filled a desperate need at QB briefly; and he has even done better than the other first round QB's (Bortles, Manziel). And he was nice enough to get injured after two mediocre seasons and made moving on from him a low drama process. Had Vikings drafted Carr or Jimmy G, they may have been saddled with either for much too long. As it stands, 49 games started with a 26-23 record is serviceable. All this said, I never personally liked the Bridgewater selection at any point.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bridgewater with the last pick of the first round was a decent pick. He filled a desperate need at QB briefly; and he has even done better than the other first round QB's (Bortles, Manziel). And he was nice enough to get injured after two mediocre seasons and made moving on from him a low drama process. Had Vikings drafted Carr or Jimmy G, they may have been saddled with either for much too long. As it stands, 49 games started with a 26-23 record is serviceable. All this said, I never personally liked the Bridgewater selection at any point.
    i dont think bridgewater was a disaster pick, but it should have been apparent that he had limited upside. he was a competent QB for the vikings, but just very low volume, few explosive plays. didnt make a second year leap despite peterson coming back and having a strong 2016.

but his injury also forced them to spend a first round pick in their trade for Bradford, who did come in and play very good football for a year. but thats 2 first round picks for 2 years of mediocre QB play and 1 year of above average QB play.

then they had to go spend a lot of money on Cousins for above average QB play (which is fine). i dont know that Mond is the answer, but a third round pick is a very worthwhile gamble for him. he is going to need time to learn, but they are locked in with cousins through the 2022 season anyway, so no rush for him to be ready even by next year. its a good gambit

but re: the bridgwater pick, carr has clearly been the best QB from that group, but you're basically capping yourself the same way the vikings currently are doing with Cousins. i think Cousins/Carr are in the same tier of qb. in any given year, i wouldnt be shocked in they play themselves into the 8-12 tier, but i also wouldnt be shocked if in a given year they played in that 14-18 tier

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    i dont think bridgewater was a disaster pick, but it should have been apparent that he had limited upside. he was a competent QB for the vikings, but just very low volume, few explosive plays. didnt make a second year leap despite peterson coming back and having a strong 2016.

but his injury also forced them to spend a first round pick in their trade for Bradford, who did come in and play very good football for a year. but thats 2 first round picks for 2 years of mediocre QB play and 1 year of above average QB play.

then they had to go spend a lot of money on Cousins for above average QB play (which is fine). i dont know that Mond is the answer, but a third round pick is a very worthwhile gamble for him. he is going to need time to learn, but they are locked in with cousins through the 2022 season anyway, so no rush for him to be ready even by next year. its a good gambit

but re: the bridgwater pick, carr has clearly been the best QB from that group, but you're basically capping yourself the same way the vikings currently are doing with Cousins. i think Cousins/Carr are in the same tier of qb. in any given year, i wouldnt be shocked in they play themselves into the 8-12 tier, but i also wouldnt be shocked if in a given year they played in that 14-18 tier
    The Vikes overpaid for Bradford; but it was otherwise the right move. The problem is that they have a dumb ass at coach who actually believed Case Keenum was a really good QB and the better option. I've never seen a QB single-handedly lose a championship game like that ever so egregiously like Keenum did in 2017. The Eagles even did drills to make sure their DB's were ready to catch the "balloon balls". Had the Vikes not slighted Bradford like that and kept him motivated, it's possible there could've been brighter pastures. The dude was a legit QB.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    The Vikes overpaid for Bradford; but it was otherwise the right move. The problem is that they have a dumb ass at coach who actually believed Case Keenum was a really good QB and the better option. I've never seen a QB single-handedly lose a championship game like that ever so egregiously like Keenum did in 2017. The Eagles even did drills to make sure their DB's were ready to catch the "balloon balls". Had the Vikes not slighted Bradford like that and kept him motivated, it's possible there could've been brighter pastures. The dude was a legit QB.
    i always liked Bradford. but unfortunately his body could never hold up

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    i always liked Bradford. but unfortunately his body could never hold up
    Hard luck QB.

Maybe if he had played after the further development of QB protection rules.
    The talent was there though.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    SMH. All the cheap hits that led to injury that this guy took.

Thread Information