We Staaaaaaaaaaacked

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I feel for Allen Robinson. Stuck on a mediocre team he doesn’t want to play for with a bad quarterback for another year. Another year of his prime at that. On the other hand...the guy is making 18 million dollars sooo

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I feel for Allen Robinson. Stuck on a mediocre team he doesn’t want to play for with a bad quarterback for another year. Another year of his prime at that. On the other hand...the guy is making 18 million dollars sooo
    he chose to sign with them in the first place when they didnt have a good qb because they offered him the most money. he made that choice.

not to say he shouldnt ask for a trade if he wants to, but he is largely responsible for his position

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It's why I can't feel sorry for him. Ton's of great WR get stuck on mediocre teams. Look at Julio. Probably never win a Super Bowel at this point. But at the end of the day, all they can do is produce and get paid. Not a terrible life.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If the Bears get Russ then no more feeling bad for him... and Rodgers suddenly becomes the second best QB in the division and the Packers become the favorites for ... the #5 seed in the NFC.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Godwin tagged.
    David extended.

We Staaaaaaaaaaacked
    What about Shaq Barrett? He's as essential of a cog as it gets. Without him Mahomes escapes the side door and does vintage Mahomes stuff and the Super Bowl is a nail biter instead of a laugher. , without Barrett, they probably lose to Rodgers.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Anyone as high on Zach Wilson as Chris Simms is high on him?

My Team
    Chicago Bears
    Post Count
    Pace needs to stop ing around and just bend over already so Seattle can do it's business and send Ciara over to us.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Pace needs to stop ing around and just bend over already so Seattle can do it's business and send Ciara over to us.
    Wilson and that defense would be insane.

Packers likely have nowhere to go but down - they just spent $12.5M/year on a running back, yeah Aaron Jones has looked good but that's because of the o-line, and he's also had ball security issues. Too much for a running back.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    If the Packers overpaid Aaron Jones just only to lose the primary reason why he looked so good over his rookie contract (Center Corey Linsley) in free agency - then that's bad football business practice.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    big day

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Shaq Barrett back to Bucs on long term extension, should keep them the favorites in the NFC at least. I don't know why the Broncos didn't value him when they had him. I could tell he was elite in 2015. Just never got enough snaps.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    What......? Is . This??

https://nypost.com/2021/03/15/rob-gronkowski-threatens-to-walk-away-from-bucs-tom-brady-in-nfl-free-agency/

??
    Dude had the most Robert Horry-esque season an NFL player will ever have this past year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, AB and Fournette are both free agents. Bucs still have a problem

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    raiders landed yannick

big need obviously, but want to see the numbers. i worry he's gonna be an overpay

update: his contract is only 2/26. well done
    Last edited by spurraider21; 03-15-2021 at 05:25 PM.

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Bucs still have a problem
    Are you dumb AF? Or high? A "Problem"?

Bruh....million RBs in the league can do what Fournette does. If AB leaves....plug in the next guy. Neither one of them make or break the Buccaneers success chances. Not talking about either one because they're both good players. However; if you think either one of them leaving is a "problem" I don't know what to tell ya.

Bucs ing stacked cuz. Plain and Simple. I'm more worried about Suh than those two.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    raiders landed yannick

big need obviously, but want to see the numbers. i worry he's gonna be an overpay

update: his contract is only 2/26. well done
    Agreed, well done, 13 million for a starting DE who can get double digit sacks in a starter role isn't bad at all. And no long term commitment in case he goes crazy again.

Meanwhile, Bill Belichick has apparently gone Joe Biden-level senile. 13 million a year for Nelson Agholor? 11 million a year for Jalen Mills?

Eagles : 2
    Cheatriots : 0

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Are you dumb AF? Or high? A "Problem"?

Bruh....million RBs in the league can do what Fournette does. If AB leaves....plug in the next guy. Neither one of them make or break the Buccaneers success chances. Not talking about either one because they're both good players. However; if you think either one of them leaving is a "problem" I don't know what to tell ya.

Bucs ing stacked cuz. Plain and Simple. I'm more worried about Suh than those two.
    Suh is 34 and has a ton of money. If he doesn't want to take a veteran paycut to be a part of a stacked DL and run it back for a championship then he's a dumbass who doesn't deserve to be in Tampa anyway. He wouldn't be nearly as good if he gets overpaid by a team with a bad DL and doesn't get the favorable looks from enemy O-lines he gets standing next to Vita Vea and JPP/Barrett.

Fournette, like him or not, he's the best back on the Bucs and the playoffs proved it. Ronald Jones was ineffective when it mattered. He's a boom or bust back, but, Fournette was the consistent one and made the big plays in the biggest games of the year. I don't think "millions of RBs" could do that crazy spin move TD against the Packers which might have been the difference in the game. But yeah, all isn't lost if they lose him, who knows, with RBs today the Bucs could possibly draft his replacement in the 3rd round or so which might be sufficient.

Antonio Brown is still a savvy ass vet receiver and a great weapon on third downs and the like. Yes, the Bucs still have the core of Evans, Godwin (for this year), and Miller, but looks like Mickens might be lost due to his recent felony charge. Brown is an underrated piece. Yes Brady makes mediocre WRs look better but Brown showed up when it mattered. Glad they got Gronk back after all, but 10mill? A little rich for a guy his age who is realisticall the 2nd TE behind Brate, especially in the regular season with Brate's younger legs.

Bucs will likely look to draft heavy at OL and in the secondary, and pick another back and receiver later in the draft. If they can't keep Suh then perhaps they can keep Steve McLendon instead - who is also old and should be cheap.

Ryan Succop is also a Free Agent by the way, and underrated but important that the Bucs keep him after 15 years of terrible FG kicking they finally have a good one. They must not let him go.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Hunter Henry to the Pats. Between him and Jonnu, we might have 16 games with a healthy elite tight end!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hunter Henry to the Pats. Between him and Jonnu, we might have 16 games with a healthy elite tight end!
    Senile Belichick thinks he's getting prime Gronk-Hernandez again but he's really just getting a very low rent version of that dynamic duo. Well, on the bright side, at least Newton is at his best when he's throwing to bigger receiving targets (big WRs and TEs as opposed to the smaller guys - remember the days of Benjamin/Funchess/LaFell/Olsen etc when Newton was at his best in Carolina, versus later on when the Panthers went with smaller targets).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    i like the Henry/Jonnu combo, and patriots spending big while they have a rookie QB under contract for 4-5 years makes a ton of sense. i dont understand why they are committing 20m/year to the agholor/bourne combo though

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    i like the Henry/Jonnu combo, and patriots spending big while they have a rookie QB under contract for 4-5 years makes a ton of sense. i dont understand why they are committing 20m/year to the agholor/bourne combo though
    Yeah the Agholor signing was the one big misfire yesterday. He’s at least a deep threat that the defense has to somewhat respect, which is unfortunately light years ahead of what they had last year.

I like Bourne, I could see him doing Amendola stuff for them, hopefully in the playoffs too.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Stidham? He's not even playing. Unless you're implying the Patriots draft one, if there's one available with their mid first round pick.

Thread Information