Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Haven’t posted in a hot minute. But quick thoughts on free agency.

1. what the are the raiders doing? Releasing/trading pretty much their entire offensive line. Then signing another running back to a pretty good deal. Just baffling.

2. wtf are the packers doing? Resigning Jones to a huge rb deal after drafting Dillon in round 2 last year. Resigning Kevin King and the corpse of Mercedes Lewis with money saved from restructures. Excited to see how we up the draft this year.

3. teams free agency that I have liked. Jets have actually had a really nice free agency along with Washington, Denver, chargers, and Arizona. Will be interested to see if Broncos trade up to move on from drew Locke

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Bucs have brought back all 22 starters

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Bucs have brought back all 22 starters
    They are gonna regret bringing fournette back tbh. He got his contract. Now he is gonna be a lazy ass all off-season and come into the season out of shape per par.

would have been better off taking someone in the 3rd or 4th to compliment Jones. Someone like gainewell or Michael Carter would be ideal

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

1. what the are the raiders doing? Releasing/trading pretty much their entire offensive line. Then signing another running back to a pretty good deal. Just baffling.
    great question tbh

i have no idea what Gruden/Mayock are doing. they just seem to be improvising all the time. they're basically only replacing 2 OL members, though.

LT - Is and will be Kolton Miller
    LG - they initially cut LG Richie Incognito, but they re-signed him to a cheaper deal
    C - this one they actually moved on from. big question mark.
    RG - they moved Gabe Jackson, but they re-signed Denzelle Good, who started almost all of last year at LG when Incognito was out, so this is still basically bringing back a starter
    RT - they moved Trent Brown, but he only played like 4 games last year anyway

so really C is where they're going to feel it the most. they'll probably draft a RT in the first 2 rounds of the draft, given that they havent addressed it in FA. they've signed centers to replace hudson, but will be a huge drop

as for paying kenyan drake that much... unjustifiable. only silver lining is that our backfield is now Drake and Josh

they did make some nice moves.... getting Ngakoue to get us a legitimate pass rusher post-Mack was a slam dunk. and letting the Patriots overpay Agholor (11m per year) and replacing him with John Brown (3.5 mil) was a home run, too.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    great question tbh

i have no idea what Gruden/Mayock are doing. they just seem to be improvising all the time. they're basically only replacing 2 OL members, though.

LT - Is and will be Kolton Miller
    LG - they initially cut LG Richie Incognito, but they re-signed him to a cheaper deal
    C - this one they actually moved on from. big question mark.
    RG - they moved Gabe Jackson, but they re-signed Denzelle Good, who started almost all of last year at LG when Incognito was out, so this is still basically bringing back a starter
    RT - they moved Trent Brown, but he only played like 4 games last year anyway

so really C is where they're going to feel it the most. they'll probably draft a RT in the first 2 rounds of the draft, given that they havent addressed it in FA. they've signed centers to replace hudson, but will be a huge drop

as for paying kenyan drake that much... unjustifiable. only silver lining is that our backfield is now Drake and Josh
    Even more bizarre is that drake and Jacob’s have very similar skill sets.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    They are gonna regret bringing fournette back tbh. He got his contract. Now he is gonna be a lazy ass all off-season and come into the season out of shape per par.

would have been better off taking someone in the 3rd or 4th to compliment Jones. Someone like gainewell or Michael Carter would be ideal
    think he's on a one year deal again, no?

i dont like fournette as a player much, but i dont think the contract is a big issue.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Even more bizarre is that drake and Jacob’s have very similar skill sets.
    i think they have concerns about Jacobs' durability. he got banged up and missed games as a rookie, and also got banged up throughout the season last year, missed almost every practice, etc (only missed one game though)... so they're probably going to split touches. not 50/50, but maybe 66/33 or something. and in the event jacobs has to miss time or a few series, drake is still a legit lead back (unlike a pure backup grade runner like Deandre Washington or Devontae Booker)

i think there's a chance they cut Richard too. they're still in the hunt for a free agent FS and CB (and there are a few good ones left)

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    umm

niners getting a QB

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

2. wtf are the packers doing? Resigning Jones to a huge rb deal after drafting Dillon in round 2 last year. Resigning Kevin King and the corpse of Mercedes Lewis with money saved from restructures. Excited to see how we up the draft this year.

3. teams free agency that I have liked. Jets have actually had a really nice free agency along with Washington, Denver, chargers, and Arizona. Will be interested to see if Broncos trade up to move on from drew Locke
    The biggest problem for the Packers was losing Linsley in favor of Jones. Linsley has consistently been the PFF #1 center for 2-3 years running (since the Cowboys' Travis Frederick suffered that career ending nerve injury).

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

1 year/3 million with potential for an extra million in incentives. It's not like they paid $13 million a year long term to keep a rotational running back.

Still think the Bucs need to draft or sign a scatback type, a guy that can pass pro and more importantly provide a safety valve for Brady to convert those valuable third-and-mediums, but not do what the Chiefs did and take one with a 1st or 2nd round pick.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    umm

niners getting a QB

W-O-W

And the Dolphins were extremely lucky Tunsil fell to them in 2016 after posting a tweet of him smoking a bong. Tunsil has been an okay tackle, but nothing special.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Millennial_Messiah
    Simply The GOAT.

This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Millennial_Messiah
    Simply The GOAT.

This message is hidden because Millennial_Messiah is on your ignore list.

Only pussies & assholes use the ignore-user feature on an internet message board.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    why does this face keep replying and mentioning me in his posts when he knows i ignore him

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    reminds me of Favre, honestly

not quite the cannon Favre had, but thats a ridiculous bar

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    just lol. the most fun highlight reel to watch of any qb, including mahomes. Wilson has a lot of this in him, too

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

just lol. the most fun highlight reel to watch of any qb, including mahomes. Wilson has a lot of this in him, too

Word is he's as y and immature as Favre. Though, nothing is substantiated on that front.
    Somewhat similar en lement growing up it appears though.

That video does remind me of Wilson's kind of throws.

Wilson may be closer to Rodgers rushing; at least that's what it appears on paper.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    think he's on a one year deal again, no?

i dont like fournette as a player much, but i dont think the contract is a big issue.
    Yea. It’s just a 1 year deal. I just meant more they could have drafted a rb late that was a true compliment to jones. Instead they are bringing back this guy who was awful 90% of the year and happened to have some decent games late

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count

Trey Lance has a ing cannon...strongest arm in the draft.

I personally rank the top 4 qbs in the class as follows

Lawrence
    Fields
    Lance (I think Lance has more upside than fields, but fields is safer to be at least decent)
    Wilson

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Trey Lance has a ing cannon...strongest arm in the draft.

I personally rank the top 4 qbs in the class as follows

Lawrence
    Fields
    Lance (I think Lance has more upside than fields, but fields is safer to be at least decent)
    Wilson
    Hot garbage.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The white supremacist doesn’t like the black qb. Shocked.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    The white supremacist doesn’t like the black qb. Shocked.
    Eh, I don't like him either, but it's because Ohio State QBs have a poor track record. FWIW I'm not high on any QB outside Lawrence.

Thread Information