Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't like him either, but it's because Ohio State QBs have a poor track record. FWIW I'm not high on any QB outside Lawrence.
    Agreed. Nothing to do with race. Same way I feel about Alabama QBs who usually tend to be white. Jake Coker, the guy before him. System and world-class o-line recruits makes them look way better than they are. Smaller programs like Texas Tech don't have the o-line to make a guy like Mahomes look like the generational QB he was coming out of college. Mac Jones might be a serviceable backup in the NFL, nothing more.

Fields is Dwayne Trashkins 2.0, and I had him pegged perfectly as a bust before he was drafted in '19. For the record I wasn't high on any of the '19 QBs, even Murray who I thought was probably a Lamar Jackson V2.0. I think teams are starting to get the hang of it -- latest mocks have Fields going as high as 15-ish but as low as the third round.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    The white supremacist doesn’t like the black qb. Shocked.
    The convenient schtick. Shocked.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't like him either, but it's because Ohio State QBs have a poor track record. FWIW I'm not high on any QB outside Lawrence.
    One of my reasons; we've definitely seen this movie before. But face went straight to the butthurt schtick like the ty poster he is.

And it's not like it's a secret. The analysts be talking about all the stuff he can't do. That's not the kind of talk that accompanies a top 5 QB in the draft.
    face doesn't realize they made this dude a token.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    I understand the Ohio state narrative, but he is far and away more talented than any of those other guys to come out of OSU.

But, we will be able to revisit this in a year or two and see who was right I suppose

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    I understand the Ohio state narrative, but he is far and away more talented than any of those other guys to come out of OSU.

But, we will be able to revisit this in a year or two and see who was right I suppose
    How is he far and away more talented?

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    How is he far and away more talented?
    He’s much better from a pure passing stand point than any of the other qbs that have been in Ohio states system.

haskins
    troy smith
    barrett
    etc

None of them were as good or accurate passers in college. Fields is. Fields also seems to sport a better football iq than any of them as well. These are things that I think are fairly obvious when watching them play. Obviously no guarantee he is a great pro, a lot of great college qbs have failed at the next level. But, he has more pro tools than any of the previously mentioned

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    He’s much better from a pure passing stand point than any of the other qbs that have been in Ohio states system.

haskins
    troy smith
    barrett
    etc

None of them were as good or accurate passers in college. Fields is. Fields also seems to sport a better football iq than any of them as well. These are things that I think are fairly obvious when watching them play. Obviously no guarantee he is a great pro, a lot of great college qbs have failed at the next level. But, he has more pro tools than any of the previously mentioned
    The others were unduly hyped more than they should have been. I keep hearing about the things Fields doesn't do and that leads me to believe they're making sure they get the token black guy in the mix (yes, I know that outlook hurts your feelings). The option read QB has been more successful in recent years in the NFL than in the past; but it's still not ideal.

CBS Sports has Justin Fields ranked 7th in QBs. I think that's probably about right.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/.../quarterbacks/

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The others were unduly hyped more than they should have been. I keep hearing about the things Fields doesn't do and that leads me to believe they're making sure they get the token black guy in the mix (yes, I know that outlook hurts your feelings). The option read QB has been more successful in recent years in the NFL than in the past; but it's still not ideal.

CBS Sports has Justin Fields ranked 7th in QBs. I think that's probably about right.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/.../quarterbacks/
    They have him ranked 3rd among qbs dumb ass.

His overall rank is 7. And many other places have him as the #2 qb. Lawrence is #1 qb and there really isn’t a consensus on who is #2 between Wilson, fields, and Lance. They are all 4 going to go top 10 though. You can take that to the bank

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    They have him ranked 3rd among qbs dumb ass.

His overall rank is 7. And many other places have him as the #2 qb. Lawrence is #1 qb and there really isn’t a consensus on who is #2 between Wilson, fields, and Lance. They are all 4 going to go top 10 though. You can take that to the bank
    Any GM that uses a top ten pick on Fields should be fired on the spot.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Any GM that uses a top ten pick on Fields should be fired on the spot.
    Yea, because the guy who thinks Jimmer is nba level talent is an excellent evaluator of talent

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Yea, because the guy who thinks Jimmer is nba level talent is an excellent evaluator of talent
    Fields had a great OL and WRs and still doesn't make the reads. He'll be a bust.

The only disclaimer I'll put on this is that I've spent virtually no time scouting him.

I just know how it goes.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Fields had a great OL and WRs and still doesn't make the reads. He'll be a bust.

The only disclaimer I'll put on this is that I've spent virtually no time scouting him.

I just know how it goes.
    OSU and Bama are the worst schools for QBs, best for everything else

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Darnold traded to the Panthers for picks (future 2nd is the big one). good move for the Jets, better spot for Darnold (Moore/Anderson and CMC are much better weapons than he had with Jets). now Panthers will almost certainly draft OL in the first round

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Darnold traded to the Panthers for picks (future 2nd is the big one). good move for the Jets, better spot for Darnold (Moore/Anderson and CMC are much better weapons than he had with Jets). now Panthers will almost certainly draft OL in the first round
    Yikes. Fields was the best place for Carolina and their largely AA fanbase. I do like Sam Darnold but as a peak Alex Smith kind of QB. Arm strength will never be one of Darnold's strengths.

"Bill Belichick reportedly ignored scouts in drafting N’Keal Harry'

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eal-harry/amp/

mono

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    "Bill Belichick reportedly ignored scouts in drafting N’Keal Harry'

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...eal-harry/amp/

mono
    he drafted a kelvin benjamin clone that will be out of the league in a few years.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Good moves for both teams honestly.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

Clipper Nation if you're still around

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    forgot about CN and his takes

i dont think he's posted since daddy trump got his ass beat

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Zach Wilson's highlights are insane, but watching more of his games/plays beyond the highlight reel, he's not that super accurate

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    Minnesota Vikings
    Post Count
    Zach Wilson's highlights are insane, but watching more of his games/plays beyond the highlight reel, he's not that super accurate
    I like Zach Wilson based on raw potential more than anything else. Trevor Lawrence is probably the more NFL ready QB (for the right system).

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    lawrence is the best qb prospect since Luck

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

Thread Information