Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan makes a low ceiling high floor team. At best spurs is a 2nd tier playoff team. At worst. Missing the playoff (like last year)
    problem is he raises the floor and we are fearful we completely fall off. But caps the ceiling. So people are annoyed we wont really become a contender.

they key is how we can transition to the younger players like murray and free agency while minimizing chances of completely tanking. So we can raise ceiling without affecting floor as much. Itcan be by trading derozan, not resigning, or resigning at a lower price for a secondary role.

tho my issue is he plays same position as walker and or keldon. Which hinders their growth. But next off season we will get tons of space. So patfo can wiggle around and maybe make something out of it (collins, lauri, others)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan makes a low ceiling high floor team. At best spurs is a 2nd tier playoff team. At worst. Missing the playoff (like last year)
    problem is he raises the floor and we are fearful we completely fall off. But caps the ceiling. So people are annoyed we wont really become a contender.

they key is how we can transition to the younger players like murray and free agency while minimizing chances of completely tanking. So we can raise ceiling without affecting floor as much. Itcan be by trading derozan, not resigning, or resigning at a lower price for a secondary role.

tho my issue is he plays same position as walker and or keldon. Which hinders their growth. But next off season we will get tons of space. So patfo can wiggle around and maybe make something out of it (collins, lauri, others)
    My concern is that I don't see any players in free agency that are going to raise our ceiling. Spurs are never going to bring in a LeBron or Durant off the market. The closest we got was Aldridge...and everyone hates him here now.

If Spurs let DeMar walk to bring in Collins...I think we are stuck in the same position until one of the young guys breaks out or we get lucky in the lottery again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the offensive scheme the Spurs have, Collins won't be nearly as good or stat-stuffing as he is now with the Hawks. I'm back to thinking that it would be a bummer signing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My concern is that I don't see any players in free agency that are going to raise our ceiling. Spurs are never going to bring in a LeBron or Durant off the market. The closest we got was Aldridge...and everyone hates him here now.

If Spurs let DeMar walk to bring in Collins...I think we are stuck in the same position until one of the young guys breaks out or we get lucky in the lottery again.
    I don't hate LMA. I'm glad he chose us. He's the second best PF in team history, and if Tim's knee holds up and/or Nephew doesn't wuss out, he'd likely have been a key component of a le. Even as it was he dragged us to the playoffs for 2 years when we maybe shouldn't have gone. Yeah, he's moody, but not really a problem guy. Just your normal NBA star. If he's willing to come off the bench, more power to him. He could really help the Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the offensive scheme the Spurs have, Collins won't be nearly as good or stat-stuffing as he is now with the Hawks. I'm back to thinking that it would be a bummer signing.
    Finally you see the light. Imagine the spacing with Derrick pick and roll with Collins with Jakob on the dunker Spot and your spot up shooters are DJ and Keldon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Finally you see the light. Imagine the spacing with Derrick pick and roll with Collins with Jakob on the dunker Spot and your spot up shooters are DJ and Keldon.
    I see the light? DJ is becoming a good shooter and Keldon will get there in time. Collins as a pick and pop would benefit the team, but the reason I posted that was because I don't believe he'll be that much better than what Lyles gives us. I think if we look at numbers for pacing (or some other statistic), Collins' numbers may be inflated because of that Atlanta team.

You're looking for volume shooters, I think we already have that in Vassell.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

agree. So the question is how much do we trust the young guys if we let derozan walks. As well as his replacement. May it be collins. Lauri. Or anyone we have in mind. Do we think any of the young guys will be a future all nba that will make us contender?

also derozan plays similar position with lonie and keldon to a certain degree.

Personally. I am ok with resigning at a good rate. But if some other teams wanna overpay. Then we let him go. And sign a younger guy that fits the timeline. And hope one of the young guys have a break out career

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree. So the question is how much do we trust the young guys if we let derozan walks. As well as his replacement. May it be collins. Lauri. Or anyone we have in mind. Do we think any of the young guys will be a future all nba that will make us contender?

also derozan plays similar position with lonie and keldon to a certain degree.

Personally. I am ok with resigning at a good rate. But if some other teams wanna overpay. Then we let him go. And sign a younger guy that fits the timeline. And hope one of the young guys have a break out career
    No spurs fan under ANY cir stance should want Defronzen to play another season with us. This has not worked for 3 seasons and it won't work going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank him for his service and move one. It’s a shame we weren’t able or perhaps willing to flip him for assets.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

- This team need another 3 level scorer.
    - Lonnie is the one I see on the team that could become a star in this league and a ceiling raiser.
    - Next year free agents are not better than Demar nor better than our current players.
    - Signing Kelly Olynyk and Tim Hardaway Jr. would make a decent off-season to me.
    - Letting Demar go would make our team worse for a season or 2.
    - Signing him to a 2yr/65m would be good for both parties.
    - Letting Gay walk would be a lot more impactful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Lonnie is the one I see on the team that could become a star in this league and a ceiling raiser.
    - Next year free agents are not better than Demar nor better than our current players.
    - Signing Kelly Olynyk and Tim Hardaway Jr. would make a decent off-season to me.
    Spurs don't need to spend money in free agency. They can eat contracts in trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, although I was hoping for improvement, Lonnie is still a C- finisher, so not three levels. Olynyk is a potato. While I’d be down with 2 yrs. of DeMar, he’s been ADAMANT about getting a 4 year deal, and I’m not at all down with that. The years were supposedly the reason the extension didn’t get done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly, although I was hoping for improvement, Lonnie is still a C- finisher, so not three levels. Olynyk is a potato. While I’d be down with 2 yrs. of DeMar, he’s been ADAMANT about getting a 4 year deal, and I’m not at all down with that. The years were supposedly the reason the extension didn’t get done.
    Yes, it seems obvious it's about the years. 3 for 90 is likely on the table.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't build around a guy who can't shoot 3s and plays horrible defense. Let the guy walk.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detrash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can't build around a guy who can't shoot 3s and plays horrible defense. .
    Magic Johnson thread!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Magic Johnson thread!!!!
    kareem carried

its like embiid and simmons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is going to bite OP in the ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not every single time,thats just a lie

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've vacillated on my opinion to resign Demar a couple of times already, and I'll probably do it again.

He's what, 3rd now in clutch points this season? I don't think he's as big of a choker as folks think around here. He's certainly way more clutch than Patty late in games. We really don't have anyone else who's dependable to shoot late. Teams know DeMar is taking that last FGA and they still can't keep him from getting a shot off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he's as big of a choker as folks think around here. He's certainly way more clutch than Patty late in games. We really don't have anyone else who's dependable to shoot late. Teams know DeMar is taking that last FGA and they still can't keep him from getting a shot off.
    He was very unclutch.
    He's broken out the 2nd half of this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've vacillated on my opinion to resign Demar a couple of times already, and I'll probably do it again.

He's what, 3rd now in clutch points this season? I don't think he's as big of a choker as folks think around here. He's certainly way more clutch than Patty late in games. We really don't have anyone else who's dependable to shoot late. Teams know DeMar is taking that last FGA and they still can't keep him from getting a shot off.

You cant stop the midrange king. You can only hope to contain him

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool dude. One of my many concerns about him is that he's basically un-coachable. Everyone praised TD for taking Pop's rants and tirades and how that allowed everyone to be coached. With DDR, it's basically the opposite of that. Pop definitely doesn't do that with DDR as far as I can tell. He just bites his tongue and takes it. We've become desensitized to DDR pounding the air out of the ball and stalling the offense as if this is the offense. This would have been impossible while TD was still on the team. So when people say that DDR is good for the young players, I wonder how true that can be when DDR is given such kid gloves.

One small example: he came out of the gate shooting more threes. That lasted about a week and I get no sense that Pop is doing anything about it.

TLDR: let him walk, drive him to the airport, and thank him for a graceful transition into fully rebuilding.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool dude. One of my many concerns about him is that he's basically un-coachable. Everyone praised TD for taking Pop's rants and tirades and how that allowed everyone to be coached. With DDR, it's basically the opposite of that. Pop definitely doesn't do that with DDR as far as I can tell. He just bites his tongue and takes it. We've become desensitized to DDR pounding the air out of the ball and stalling the offense as if this is the offense. This would have been impossible while TD was still on the team. So when people say that DDR is good for the young players, I wonder how true that can be when DDR is given such kid gloves.

One small example: he came out of the gate shooting more threes. That lasted about a week and I get no sense that Pop is doing anything about it.

TLDR: let him walk, drive him to the airport, and thank him for a graceful transition into fully rebuilding.

hes def stealing alla whites assists ,tbh

Thread Information