Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Sucks that there is no way they're going to be able to finish the first game in this season with only two episodes left. Really thought the Left Behind stuff would only be half an episode too.
    They are though, at least that's what they've said. Episode 8 is winter/David, episode 9 is Salt Lake City. One of the promos even showed Joel in the hospital. I'm not sure how long these episodes are going to be though.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    They are though, at least that's what they've said. Episode 8 is winter/David, episode 9 is Salt Lake City. One of the promos even showed Joel in the hospital. I'm not sure how long these episodes are going to be though.
    I forgot the hospital was in Salt Lake City. Was thinking it was in Seattle. Forgot I haven't played the game since like 2016. I'll pick up the remake when it comes to PC next month though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Sucks that there is no way they're going to be able to finish the first game in this season with only two episodes left. Really thought the Left Behind stuff would only be half an episode too.
    The 2 episodes remaining seem pretty straightforward. I wish episode 7 had more present day stuff with the flashbacks intertwined. Riley/Ellie didn’t need the whole episode

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    By far weakest episode of the series. Took an hour to tell a 20-25 minute story
    Yep...it sucked tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yep...it sucked tbh.
    still think it told a good story. a lot of tie-ins with all the previous references. ellie kind of acting/talking weird when she told tess that she got bit inside the mall alone. answers how the fireflies found out about ellie. we learn about ellie's previous reference about having killed before and not wanting to talk about it. how she could have known about mortal kombat finishers (she explained to joel). her being angry reading some other girls diary "is this all they had to worry about?" sam having asked ellie about whether the person is still in there if they become a monster.

its definitely a part of the story they needed to tell. it just felt like it dragged at various parts and probably could have been condensed some. or have more sequences from the present and have the flashbacks be a little more intermittent. like, in addition to showing her finding the thread/needle, show her practicing shooting/hunting. would give her the confidence to stay with joel. but at the same time they wanted her dramatic decision not to leave to come after we hear Riley say that they should spend whatever time together they have left with one another. was the only episode of the series when i was like, glancing at the time to see how much was left
    Last edited by spurraider21; 02-27-2023 at 09:14 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Show is overrated tbh. Better tomato score than breaking bad, foh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked it for the same reasons I liked the DLC. Every kid who grew up in the 80s/90s knew what it was like to skip school and go to the mall/arcade. This was the apocalypse version of that, and it ties in to the present day story pretty well and explains why Ellie is who she is. My one complaint is that they used an entire episode for it when we have so few left. It should have been interwoven with more present day stuff.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Show is overrated tbh. Better tomato score than breaking bad, foh
    Breaking bad is overrated tbh. Better tomato score than the wire, foh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I liked it for the same reasons I liked the DLC. Every kid who grew up in the 80s/90s knew what it was like to skip school and go to the mall/arcade. This was the apocalypse version of that, and it ties in to the present day story pretty well and explains why Ellie is who she is. My one complaint is that they used an entire episode for it when we have so few left. It should have been interwoven with more present day stuff.
    At least they had good enough taste to pick Mortal Kombat 2 over 3. Though Kitana was the baddest in that game. Was one combo if you landed the first hit you could guaranteed take the other person's life bar down by more than half.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My chick loves this show and so far I'm indifferent to it. I think it's better than most "zombie" flicks/shows just because it's more character building than anything compared to all other "zombie" takes. The gay angle doesn't bother me but damn the last episode it was so blatant what was being pushed and it was a bit weird pushing such issues between minors but that's Hollyweird for you unfortunately.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    My chick loves this show and so far I'm indifferent to it. I think it's better than most "zombie" flicks/shows just because it's more character building than anything compared to all other "zombie" takes. The gay angle doesn't bother me but damn the last episode it was so blatant what was being pushed and it was a bit weird pushing such issues between minors but that's Hollyweird for you unfortunately.
    instant contradiction

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    instant contradiction
    IDC that there's gays in the show but damn 2 episodes dedicated to that is wild out of what 4-5 eps? Damn you're salty over nothing but my handle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    IDC that there's gays in the show but damn 2 episodes dedicated to that is wild out of what 4-5 eps? Damn you're salty over nothing but my handle.
    so yeah, the gay angle bothers you

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    For what it's worth, the last episode is probably is closest to the source material in the game with the fewest changes than any other episode has been so far.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    so yeah, the gay angle bothers you
    Bothers me how so? The only way it'd both me is if it continues to be the main focal point of the story which would be odd but whatever. I'm a-ok with people being gay.

When gay stuff comes up why are you always the white knight SR? Are you gay? You're such an odd dude.

For what it's worth, the last episode is probably is closest to the source material in the game with the fewest changes than any other episode has been so far.
    That's cool, I have no idea about the game or its narrative.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Honestly SR, the only thing that bothered me was the fact we have Hollyweirdos pushing this onto minors and portraying minors getting undressed on film or anywhere for that matter. You're ok with minors being exploited by the weirdos in Hollyweird and elsewhere? Weird...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Way too boring imo. The best part of Left Behind was playing as Ellie trying to get the supplies for Joel. While I understand the point of fleshing out the backstory for Ellie, i thought that it pretty boring in the game. i didn't even bother with it when i played the remastered version of it in september. they took the boring part of the story and made it into an hour long episode

While the show has been good overall, i cant help but feel somewhat let down. i get that we dont want to watch people stealthing around behind shelves and shiving infected/hunters in the neck, but man, the infected are barely in the show at all it feels like. really hoping the last two eps are bangers

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Honestly SR, the only thing that bothered me was the fact we have Hollyweirdos pushing this onto minors and portraying minors getting undressed on film or anywhere for that matter. You're ok with minors being exploited by the weirdos in Hollyweird and elsewhere? Weird...
    pushing what onto minors? the existence of sexuality? if thats what you have a problem with, then yes, the gay angle bothers you. did you get mad when the previous episode highlighted tommy's heterosexuality? he got married to a woman and they're having a kid!

they didnt show them undressing or having sex or anything, a simple ass disney level kiss has you up in arms over exploiting minors? (btw bella ramsay is 19 yo)

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    the is this re babbling about? what minors were exploited by the accurate adaptation of their relationship from the game? when did these minors get undressed? both actresses are also 19 dumbass

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Way too boring imo. The best part of Left Behind was playing as Ellie trying to get the supplies for Joel. While I understand the point of fleshing out the backstory for Ellie, i thought that it pretty boring in the game. i didn't even bother with it when i played the remastered version of it in september. they took the boring part of the story and made it into an hour long episode

While the show has been good overall, i cant help but feel somewhat let down. i get that we dont want to watch people stealthing around behind shelves and shiving infected/hunters in the neck, but man, the infected are barely in the show at all it feels like. really hoping the last two eps are bangers
    Yeah I'm really hoping there are at least some infected in the last two episodes. Though I really doubt they do any version of the coal mine fight or even the tunnel outside St Mary's... so I'm not expecting much.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    Name
    Joseph Rao Kony
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    >minors live in post-apocalypse

"cool"

>minors live in authoritarian regime and are training to be fascists

"nice"

>minors abused/beaten by survivors/hunters/etc

"awesome"

>minors killing and being exposed to murder/torture

"tight"

>minors share a kiss

"OMG WTF IS HOLLYWEIRD DOING EXPLOITING THE KIDDSSSSSS!!!!"

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Gotta say was kinda bored with this show.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yeah I'm really hoping there are at least some infected in the last two episodes. Though I really doubt they do any version of the coal mine fight or even the tunnel outside St Mary's... so I'm not expecting much.
    Yeah but people will tell you to JuSt PlAy tHe GaMe if you want to see the st Mary's tunnel the way it should be

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Yeah but people will tell you to JuSt PlAy tHe GaMe if you want to see the st Mary's tunnel the way it should be
    Show is literally unwatchable imo. Haven’t seen even one instance of joel solving a puzzle to ferry Ellie across a small body of water on a wood pallet

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Show is literally unwatchable imo. Haven’t seen even one instance of joel solving a puzzle to ferry Ellie across a small body of water on a wood pallet
    He hasn't stopped to craft a medkit and heal himself at all either. 2/10

Thread Information